FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

1 step forward, 2 steps back. That was very poor.

weareros

Capt Pat

That was supposedly the weakest team in the group we were up against. Are Ireland taking the nations league as seriously as they should?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 04, 2022, 03:58:18 PM
That was supposedly the weakest team in the group we were up against. Are Ireland taking the nations league as seriously as they should?

They were supposed to be taking this competition serious.  :-\

red hander

Quote from: Itchy on June 04, 2022, 03:55:46 PM
1 step forward, 2 steps back. That was very poor.

Sent text to mate saying exact same thing on final whistle.

tiempo

Had the misfortune of watching most of the game earlier. I'm sorry but this time I'm absolutely adamant, the Dubs would've made a better fist of that. Pure amateur hour from RoI, an embarrassing level of output for a representative team

Turf

Real end of season vibes to the game I thought. Ireland were poor but are better than that.
Still in all a very poor result.

dec

For those of you in the US the Ireland Ukraine game in on a Spanish language service called VIX for free

Capt Pat

Another poor performance from Ireland tonight against Ukraine B. We really miss Rice and Grealish.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 08, 2022, 09:10:53 PM
Another poor performance from Ireland tonight against Ukraine B. We really miss Rice and Grealish.

There is no sign of any improvement. Kenny has had nearly 25 matches now and it's been dire. We all want him to do well but it's not happening

Itchy

Disappointed with the result but blaming Kenny is still stupid, our players are sub standard and technically not nearly as good as most teams in Europe. That's the sad reality.

Capt Pat

How many chances does Stephen Kenny get? I would prefer if the fai gave Ireland a chance and hired a decent manager.

Kennys Ireland team made a mess of world cup qualifying. Now they have made a balls of the nations league. Should the fai give him a go at the euro qualifying?

yellowcard

Kenny is lucky that he still has a lot of supporters in the media. The results have been very poor and there are no real signs of progression after 25 games. To be fair to him, the players are fairly mediocre and I would still give him another full campaign. However he has never impressed me when speaking in the media so Im not sure if he could have the full respect of the players.

Itchy

Quote from: yellowcard on June 08, 2022, 10:15:04 PM
Kenny is lucky that he still has a lot of supporters in the media. The results have been very poor and there are no real signs of progression after 25 games. To be fair to him, the players are fairly mediocre and I would still give him another full campaign. However he has never impressed me when speaking in the media so Im not sure if he could have the full respect of the players.

He seemed very tetchy in the after match interview and really struggled to point out a positive. I think if he doesn't get a win in next 2 games he could be gone. Then another manager will come in and fail too as players are not there.