FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

They possibly are a bit but the standard of international football is dropping a lot. You can do very well qualification wise by just being organised.

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 05, 2021, 02:57:04 PM
They possibly are a bit but the standard of international football is dropping a lot. You can do very well qualification wise by just being organised.
A good striker goes a long way

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: seafoid on September 05, 2021, 04:09:36 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 05, 2021, 02:57:04 PM
A good striker goes a long way

Playing the only one in your squad actually scoring goals goes a long way too

Mikhail Prokhorov

patrick bamford lost to the tans now as well  ::)

BennyCake

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on September 05, 2021, 05:37:44 PM

He was lost to them years ago. Don't understand why people go on about players who don't want to play for Ireland.

Ireland are dire at the minute, but they shouldn't be chasing after anyone.

JPGJOHNNYG

I see Northern Ireland with all their world class players and world class manager win again.

From the Bunker

In fairness he made it clear from way off back when he was playing championship football he had no interest in wearing the Green Jersey. You can only lose what you have and we never had him!

Itchy

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on September 05, 2021, 07:12:06 PM
I see Northern Ireland with all their world class players and world class manager win again.

Johnny English, here is a list of Michael O Neill first results since you admire the North so much.

Norway 0-3
Netherlands 0-6
Finland 3-3
Russia 0-2
Luxembourg 1-1
Portugal 1-1
Azerbaijan 1-1
Malta 0-0
Israel 0-2
Russia 1-0 (1st win)
Portugal 2-4
Luxembourg 2-3
Azerbaijan 0-2
Israel 1-1
Turkey 0-1
Cyprus 0-0
Uruguay 0-1
Chile 0-2

From 29/2/2012 to 5/6/14, more than 2 yrs. He went on to do fairly well but I'd say if Johnny English had anything to do with  it he'd be gone inside 6 months

JPGJOHNNYG

I admire your faith in Kenny but at what point do you say enough is enough. Another year, 2 years, 5 years. I can't imagine too many turning up at the Aviva if things keep going as they are

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on September 05, 2021, 08:38:49 PM
I admire your faith in Kenny but at what point do you say enough is enough. Another year, 2 years, 5 years. I can't imagine too many turning up at the Aviva if things keep going as they are

the fact you call it the aviva shows how out of touch you are  ::)

hoynevalley

Did Bamford play underage for Ireland? Wont get more than 10 caps for the Brits.

JPGJOHNNYG

Played once for the under 18s. Has likely played his one and only game for England too now like Redmond before him. Southgate strings them along just enough.

hoynevalley

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on September 05, 2021, 08:59:06 PM
Played once for the under 18s. Has likely played his one and only game for England too now like Redmond before him. Southgate strings them along just enough.

Agree flavour of the month.

Cobra

Granted I'm not a big ROI fan but you'd imagine Kenny is on borrowed time. 1 win 15. It's not the LOI anymore.

lurganblue

Difficult watch at times there on Saturday.  Everything James McClean touched seemed to turn to sh*t.  He even almost ran the ball over the side-line before the cross for the goal.

I dont think Kenny goes at all.  I suspect he gets the Euro qualifiers too.