FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 08, 2020, 09:54:30 PM
Quote from: Hound on October 08, 2020, 09:51:20 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on October 08, 2020, 09:42:22 PM
Quote from: Hound on October 08, 2020, 09:02:32 PM
Jeez, Hamsik up there with Diarmuid Connolly in being able to take set plays with both feet!
(Not all that unusual on the GAA field but very unusual for the multi millionaire soccer lads)

Gaa players able to take set plays from the ground with both feet? You think?
Well i've seen Diarmuid Connolly scores frees with his left off the ground on a good few occasions,  although in recent years he'd almost invariably take them from his hands.
I think I've seen Peter Canavan scores frees off the ground with both feet, but not 100% sure on that.

So what you are saying is that it's unusual in the modern Gaa game as well?
Nope, that's not what I said. But you work away with whatever gives you kicks.

Hound

Rumours going around social media that Connolly and Idah missed out due to an FAI administrative error when submitting the squad list.
Nothing is impossible in FAIland but presumably it's not true given there are two confirmed Covid cases in the Irish backroom team.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Hound on October 08, 2020, 10:00:59 PM
Jeez, Hamsik up there with Diarmuid Connolly in being able to take set plays with both feet!
(Not all that unusual on the GAA field but very unusual for the multi millionaire soccer lads)

Well i've seen Diarmuid Connolly scores frees with his left off the ground on a good few occasions,  although in recent years he'd almost invariably take them from his hands.
I think I've seen Peter Canavan scores frees off the ground with both feet, but not 100% sure on that.

Well you could only come up with 2 examples of Gaelic footballers over 20 years who could do that!

Tubberman

Who's on co-commentary on RTE? Sounds a bit posher than your usual Dublin soccer head.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Captain Obvious

macdanger2

Quote from: Tubberman on October 08, 2020, 10:18:43 PM
Who's on co-commentary on RTE? Sounds a bit posher than your usual Dublin soccer head.

Stephen Kelly I think

Hound

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 08, 2020, 10:16:24 PM

Well you could only come up with 2 examples of Gaelic footballers over 20 years who could do that!
Wasn't attempting to come up with a comprehensive list dipshit.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Hound on October 08, 2020, 10:21:59 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on October 08, 2020, 10:16:24 PM

Wasn't attempting to come up with a comprehensive list dipshit.

But you said it was not unusual in Gaelic football? And there is no need to resort to name calling!

Captain Obvious

Northern Ireland won on penalties. Republic of Ireland should have kept Mick McCarthy on for that play off

seafoid

macdanger2

Very disappointing to miss out on 2 home games in a tournament (even if fans weren't allowed). Better performance though

weareros

Crap at penalties as expected but overall should have been able to win in 120 mins of football. Northern Ireland have a good chance of beating Slovakia and then being based in Dublin.

BennyCake

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 08, 2020, 10:29:21 PM
Northern Ireland won on penalties. Republic of Ireland should have kept Mick McCarthy on for that play off

Yes they should.

SHEEDY

Quote from: BennyCake on October 08, 2020, 10:31:59 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 08, 2020, 10:29:21 PM

Yes they should.
agreed
nil satis nisi optimum