FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uimhr ocht

Great result but still plenty of games to go,great to see the Derry boys doing well mc lean,Duffy,and of course m oneill.

An Watcher

I like to include our captain in that group as well.  Good to see a strong contingent from the North West

Declan

If we can beat Wales in March you'd have to say we could go on and top the group. Great results at weekend

muppet

Quote from: Declan on November 14, 2016, 10:14:28 PM
If we can beat Wales in March you'd have to say we could go on and top the group. Great results at weekend

Massive fixture that. I would have happily taken a draw in Vienna so now I am getting kind of greedy.

But a draw means they down't catch up with us.
MWWSI 2017

shark

Quote from: muppet on November 15, 2016, 01:19:29 AM
Quote from: Declan on November 14, 2016, 10:14:28 PM

Massive fixture that. I would have happily taken a draw in Vienna so now I am getting kind of greedy.

But a draw means they down't catch up with us.

Yeah, even though it is in Dublin there is more pressure on Wales to win. They really won't want a fourth draw in a row. If Ireland win then it is down to a two horse race between Ireland and Serbia. Hopefully Austria don't throw in the towel altogether as we may need them to take points off Serbia and/or Wales.

seafoid

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 13, 2016, 06:49:13 PM
Superb result for Ireland.

You have to laugh at some of the comments here about Austria being "shite". While it might be a valid criticism of Austria last night, the same people were probably guilty of lauding the rugby side's friendly win as one of the Irish sport's greatest moments.

There always has to be an enabling factor when the soccer side pull off a big result, the team deserve immense credit for once again punching above their weight.

Six of the starting XI for Austria last night play Champions League football, not one member of the Irish squad is playing in the CL this season.

What the soccer team always give is sheer honesty of effort, you can't ask for much more than that. This is a side we should be immensely proud of.

It was effectively a friendly .It's not the same as beating France in Paris, Bomber.

Elfriede Jelinek has written extensively about the collapse of Austrian masculinity.

Her earlier work focused on the patriarchal codes in provincial Austria and the laws of marriage. Ex Nazis resumed civilian life and impregnated women, selbsverstaendlich.

i need you and i love you, says brigitte. her hair shines in the sun like ripe polished chestnuts, love is the feeling that one person needs the other. i need you, says brigitte, so that i no longer have to go to the factory, because really i don't need the factory at all. what i need is you and being near you. i love you and i need you.
The payoff for her young man, Heinz, who as an apprentice electrician is learning a trade that "one day will put the whole world at his feet," is sex, which, in Jelinek's work, is never coloured by sentiment:
Unbuttoning and into brigitte only takes a moment. and today we can announce, that something has clicked at last between these two young people [i.e., she is pregnant]...and so brigitte will not after all have to end her life in cold and loneliness, which otherwise she would have had to do.

They used to sing about women
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc-DgRO1SrQ

The emergence of Kim Kardashian and social media has turned the tables. Austrian men are now afraid. the prospect of a Clinton win terrified them. They cannot accept that Merkel is the king of the Germans.

Her latest book, Wienerschnitzel, deals with the shamanic aspects of male weakness and impotence in the Instagram age.

And the goal resulted from a nice pass, but there was none of the alignment of angle,  space, coherence, beauty and wonder that would typify a point in an Under 16 hurling match involving Ballingarry or indeed a rugby try

Billys Boots

You really need to get out of the house seafóid!
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

seafoid

Bomber has been moaning about rugby for 2 weeks ;)

Carry on

BTW I read about the match in a Swiss newspaper
The BIG were described as solid defensively, compact, aggressive.

"They foiled every Austrian attack"

Wimmer lost the ball. The Austrians claimed a foul. The Irish continued with a diagonal pass that split the defence and the finish was out of the top drawer. The Irish had 2 chances and converted one.

Koller(Austrian manager)  spoke about a game of waiting which was driven by the defensive solidity of the Irish

"It is my responsibility , I have been in the business 20 years. It is like that"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLGWQfK-6DY

I would read that any day over Dunphy. Because it is written by people without bias. Who know their stuff.

It was a super result.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: seafoid on November 15, 2016, 07:34:31 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 13, 2016, 06:49:13 PM
Superb result for Ireland.

You have to laugh at some of the comments here about Austria being "shite". While it might be a valid criticism of Austria last night, the same people were probably guilty of lauding the rugby side's friendly win as one of the Irish sport's greatest moments.

There always has to be an enabling factor when the soccer side pull off a big result, the team deserve immense credit for once again punching above their weight.

Six of the starting XI for Austria last night play Champions League football, not one member of the Irish squad is playing in the CL this season.

What the soccer team always give is sheer honesty of effort, you can't ask for much more than that. This is a side we should be immensely proud of.

It was effectively a friendly .It's not the same as beating France in Paris, Bomber.

Elfriede Jelinek has written extensively about the collapse of Austrian masculinity.

Her earlier work focused on the patriarchal codes in provincial Austria and the laws of marriage. Ex Nazis resumed civilian life and impregnated women, selbsverstaendlich.

i need you and i love you, says brigitte. her hair shines in the sun like ripe polished chestnuts, love is the feeling that one person needs the other. i need you, says brigitte, so that i no longer have to go to the factory, because really i don't need the factory at all. what i need is you and being near you. i love you and i need you.
The payoff for her young man, Heinz, who as an apprentice electrician is learning a trade that "one day will put the whole world at his feet," is sex, which, in Jelinek's work, is never coloured by sentiment:
Unbuttoning and into brigitte only takes a moment. and today we can announce, that something has clicked at last between these two young people [i.e., she is pregnant]...and so brigitte will not after all have to end her life in cold and loneliness, which otherwise she would have had to do.

They used to sing about women
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc-DgRO1SrQ

The emergence of Kim Kardashian and social media has turned the tables. Austrian men are now afraid. the prospect of a Clinton win terrified them. They cannot accept that Merkel is the king of the Germans.

Her latest book, Wienerschnitzel, deals with the shamanic aspects of male weakness and impotence in the Instagram age.

And the goal resulted from a nice pass, but there was none of the alignment of angle,  space, coherence, beauty and wonder that would typify a point in an Under 16 hurling match involving Ballingarry or indeed a rugby try

Not 100% true
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Itchy

muppet

Quote from: Itchy on November 15, 2016, 08:36:52 PM
Seafood, you are such an intellect.

I love the way auto-correct changes Seafoid to Seafood:D
MWWSI 2017

Itchy

Quote from: muppet on November 15, 2016, 10:13:27 PM
Quote from: Itchy on November 15, 2016, 08:36:52 PM
Seafood, you are such an intellect.

I love the way auto-correct changes Seafoid to Seafood:D

No autocorrect. I christained seafood a long time ago.

bogball88

Was over in Vienna for the game. Great result, first half performance was iffy at best. McClean has really come of age. Dont know what it looked like on the TV but was an unreal atmosphere, must have been 4K Irish there between the away end and those who got tickets for the away end. Avoid defeat against Wales next and depending on other results should at least be a top 2 finish

Maroon Manc

Great result against Austria and puts us in a great position to qualify. I'd be more than happy to draw both games against Wales although if we can beat them in March their as good as gone. 23 points should certainly guarantee qualification although as long as the best 4 teams in the group continue to take points off each other it could be as low as 20.

Last game is away to Wales, lets hope its over by then.

I never realised Nathan Redmond is eligible to play for Ireland, he'll end up getting a few caps for England at some point and that will be it for his international career.

seafoid

It's great to see O'Neill making something out of the individuals. That hasn't happened for a good while, maybe since McCarthy?
The way foreign journalists talk about the team is very encouraging.