FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Just thinking ahead to the Euros in France now.

After yesterday things are bound to be very different for the fans.
MWWSI 2017

From the Bunker

Quote from: muppet on November 14, 2015, 05:47:24 PM

Yeah, feck!  - The problem with this attack was that it was not isolated to one hit. It happened in many parts of the city in busy areas. So there will be pure panic should this happen again. Chances are that with security being so high the tournament should be very safe. Trouble is how much freedom will be compromised to achieve this.

laoislad

Quote from: muppet on November 14, 2015, 05:47:24 PM

Was thinking the same.
I'm guessing the guy at the Stad de France his aim was to get inside the stadium.
Can you imagine if he had and started shooting players as well as fans or blowing himself up on the pitch.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

balladmaker

Travelling to the Aviva tomorrow night from the north, usually I stay over in Dublin so traffic and parking is not an issue, however tomorrow night I'm coming back north after the game.

What would anyone recommend for the best way to get to and get parked in the area, or is it worthwhile parking in the city centre and making our way out to the Aviva.

Someone recommended to me to park in Malahide and get the DART to Lansdowne Road, any advice would be appreciated.

Boycey

Quote from: balladmaker on November 15, 2015, 12:18:05 PM
Travelling to the Aviva tomorrow night from the north, usually I stay over in Dublin so traffic and parking is not an issue, however tomorrow night I'm coming back north after the game.

What would anyone recommend for the best way to get to and get parked in the area, or is it worthwhile parking in the city centre and making our way out to the Aviva.

Someone recommended to me to park in Malahide and get the DART to Lansdowne Road, any advice would be appreciated.

Heres advice I gave clarshack pre the Germany game, its worked for us for many years..

Quote from: Boycey on October 07, 2015, 05:11:49 PM
Quote from: clarshack on October 06, 2015, 10:40:33 PM
What's parking like around the aviva?

I always come from the North across the Eastlink so can only tell ya from that perspective but once through the toll and round the corner there is parking on both sides of the road and some fields/industrial ground used for pay parking, this leaves u about 15/20 mins walk to pitch. We generally drive past all this, turn right at main junction and into Irishtown and park down some of side streets there, it halves the walk to the ground and if your swift at getting out of the ground on the final whistle it'll save you a load of time as the queue at toll can be long...

If your coming from other side all this info is useless of course :-)

An Watcher

Nervous about tonight

This time tomorrow we could be planning a Summer in France or calling for O'Neill's head
Fantastic opportunity but really tight at the same time

general_lee

Quote from: An Watcher on November 16, 2015, 10:39:42 AM
Nervous about tonight

This time tomorrow we could be planning a Summer in France or calling for O'Neill's head
Fantastic opportunity but really tight at the same time
I'm quietly confident, despite only being able to see the first half of the first leg. With a wee bit of luck I think we can sneak a 1-0 win. A few more options up front with Walters (has to start) and Long back to fitness, these two could be pivotal in terms of sneaking a goal.

seafoid

The defence are fairly good so we might even keep a clean sheet.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: seafoid on November 16, 2015, 02:27:06 PM

Cue 3 goals in the first 20 minutes!
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

imtommygunn

themac_23

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 16, 2015, 03:58:26 PM
ANy lineups?

O'Shea, Long and Walters back?

Would you bring O'Shea back in? thought Keogh and Clark worked well together the other night

clarshack

think we'll go 1-0 up early on only for dzeko to equalise. ET and pens await...

ballinaman

Attacking team. Ward out...Brady back to left back. Walters starts.

From the Bunker

Does anybody know do goals in extra time count as away goals (for Bosnia naturally)?

seafoid

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 16, 2015, 03:45:10 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 16, 2015, 02:27:06 PM

Cue 3 goals in the first 20 minutes!
Overall 2 fairly mediocre teams. You wouldn't begrudge Bosnia either