FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

From the Bunker

Quote from: laoislad on October 18, 2015, 10:52:52 AM
It will be a bonus not having O'Shea IMO, he was brutal against Poland.

Good draw, could have been worse. I think we'll qualify.

In fairness he was on Lewandowski (Polands best player and a world player of note in his prime at 27) and he stayed toe to toe with him (for a player at the end at 34)!

magpie seanie

You never liked him anyway. I assume you'll be happier with his replacement, Wilson or whoever that might be. That's bound to work.

At least O'Shea (who is playing poorly at the moment admittedly) has come up against Dzeko many times before.

I think we'll get through.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 18, 2015, 11:06:47 AM

You never liked him anyway. I assume you'll be happier with his replacement, Wilson or whoever that might be. That's bound to work.

At least O'Shea (who is playing poorly at the moment admittedly) has come up against Dzeko many times before.

I think we'll get through.

At least some of Ireland will be there 😉
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

Looking at their qualifying games. They had a bad start to the Campaign, but finished strong enough. They took 4 points from their games v Wales which is a worry. They lost at home to Cyprus at home and were hammered away to Israel, but that was at the beginning of the Campaign a year ago!

Bosnia and Herzegovina   1-2   Cyprus   
Wales   0-0   Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bosnia and Herzegovina   1-1   Belgium   
Israel   3-0   Bosnia and Herzegovina   
Andorra   0-3   Bosnia and Herzegovina   
Bosnia and Herzegovina   3-1   Israel
Belgium   3-1   Bosnia and Herzegovina   
Bosnia and Herzegovina   3-0   Andorra   
Bosnia and Herzegovina   2-0   Wales   
Cyprus   2-3   Bosnia and Herzegovina   

rodney trotter

They started the qualifiers slow enough after the World Cup, but finished strong.

Begovic a decent keeper.

From the Bunker

Pjanić and Džeko play for Roma and most of their other good players play in the German Bundesliga.

stiffler

They changed their coach after a poor start to the group. Much better since.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

bennydorano

stew

It was going to be tough no matter who you got, but it could have been worse, this shower are getting better all the time.
It will be great theater.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

mouview

As I've warned you before, they'll be far technically superior to us, will retain and pass the ball better, though the team will at least have the warning of what the Argies did to the rugger lads. O'Shea's absence for once may be a real loss. Can see it being 1-0, 2-1, with us going out on the away goal.

An Watcher

Crucial that we score out there. A 1-1 would do nicely. 

mylestheslasher

I don't think we will get through this. Predict another all out defend and hammer long balls up the field in Bosnia and probably a 3 nil defeat. The idea that home form will see us through doesn't really stand up to scrutiny either

From the Bunker

Quote from: mouview on October 18, 2015, 09:05:22 PM
As I've warned you before, they'll be far technically superior to us, will retain and pass the ball better, though the team will at least have the warning of what the Argies did to the rugger lads. O'Shea's absence for once may be a real loss. Can see it being 1-0, 2-1, with us going out on the away goal.

Most of these lads are Soccer heads, they will know little or nothing of the Rugby lads or care. Many are English born and have an affinity through ancestry. Granted there will be a few player who do watch rugby, but it will have no bearing on influencing them in these qualifiers.