Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

AZOffaly

Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 12, 2015, 01:39:02 PM
http://www.footballseeding.com/national-ranking-uefa/

Sky Sports are using this

Highly unlikely we won't be seeded.

Is that an intentional double negative? You mean highly likely we won't be seeded?

ballinaman

Sweden or Denmark wouldn't be horrendous. We can forget about it if we've to go to the Balkans. All the seeded teams would be better than Poland in my opinion.

beer baron

I'd take Ukraine too. Don't want the Croats or the Russians if they're in it so it'll be one of them  ::)

Milltown Row2

It's ok, you can get on Michael McNeill's green and white army bandwagon  ;D and be in France after all
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

deiseach

I think we used up all our playoff luck the last time round.

finbar o tool

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 12, 2015, 11:29:31 AM
Robbie Brady had a nightmare last night. A bit better delivery from dead balls, or from open play, and that Polish defence would have been all over the gaff. Opportunity missed I think.

agree with this. we also had 2 or 3 decent chances we could have put away but we didnt take the chances. wern't good enough on the night. such a shame, 1 goal. thats all we needed and we couldnt put it together.
back down to earth with a bang! hopefully we get a bit of luck with the draw next sunday...
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

seafoid

Quote from: deiseach on October 12, 2015, 03:43:41 PM
I think we used up all our playoff luck the last time round.
Back in 1988 there were 8 places at the Euros. Then the CIS and Yugoslavia split up and the number of countries in Europe
increased significantly as did the parameters of the Euro finals.  Now we are trying to get one of places 16-24 in the diluted system. 
Not a patch on the 80s team.   

I dunno if qualification would be anything to get excited about TBH.

deiseach

Quote from: seafoid on October 12, 2015, 04:54:41 PM

You'd rather be there than not there.

Canalman

Quote from: deiseach on October 12, 2015, 05:00:38 PM

Not necessarily after Poland/ Ukraine in 2012  tbh.

Preferred the Euros with the 16 team format.

Surprised to see Russia and Holland struggling to qualify.

seafoid

Only if you like singing, really.  Dunnes will sell more t-shirts but football wise they'll be very challenged by mediocre teams
even if St Wes is playing

finbar o tool

absolutely!

some people are very depressing!! lets try and get there anyway and see what happens. we are playing at least a bit better now than when we were under Trapattoni!
technically we didnt win a game of football during our 1990 world cup campaign and got to a quarter final narrowly beaten by Italy.
now i know i know, lads will be jumping down my throat to say this team isn't a patch on the 1990 team etc. but anything can happen! cant get much worse than the last time we qualified!!
have a bit of hope rather than depressing everyone!!   ::)
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

An Watcher

Something tells me second seeds don't have a great record in the playoffs. I think playing your home game second when u know what is needed is a major advantage

Milltown Row2

Holland 0-2 down at home... They won't be at Euros,  Croatia in a seeded group then... They'd be handy enough
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

stew

I hope the Republic get there and are in the same group as the wee six, it will fix once and for all were my loyalties lie and force me to choose, especially if they met in one of the first two games.

I have no gra for the republic and never lived a second of my life there, that said I never miss a game and hope they always win.

One last thing, Robbie Keane is the single most important player the republic of Ireland ever had, period, end of.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.