FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Presume the booing of Sterling was by the Liverpool contingent in the Irish crowd because he wants to leave or Man United fans because he plays for Liverpool (didn't boo Henderson though)....embarrassing stuff.

imtommygunn

The booing didn't really start till he went down holding his face like he'd been shot in the first half to be fair... Still poor though.

I thought the game was mildly entertaining - only a friendly after all and definitely better than a lot of matches i've seen at the aviva.

rodney trotter

It had no intensity. Did either keeper have  a save to make?

Boycey

Quote from: ballinaman on June 07, 2015, 05:43:46 PM
Presume the booing of Sterling was by the Liverpool contingent in the Irish crowd because he wants to leave or Man United fans because he plays for Liverpool (didn't boo Henderson though)....embarrassing stuff.

I was there as a United fan with a Liverpool fan neither of us booed :o

It was kind of embarrassing to be honest, as was the booing of God save the Queen (and the English fans constantly wanting to sing it) but time and time again football fans prove we're not that intelligent there were plenty round last night and today on Twitter/Facebook and on here even who think Suarez got some kind of retrospective justice last night cause he scored a goal  :-\

"Sepp Blatter he paid for your ground" was mildly amusing though.

laoislad

You need to get out more Boycey.

On the game itself I thought it was ok. Dunno why they would boo Sterling but I hate that anyway.Remember being at a game years ago against who I can't remember but there was a Rangers player on the team and he was booed all night. I thought it was pathetic.

I thought Arter did well when he came on.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

Was that not against Demark or something, and it was actually the wrong guy?

ballinaman

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 07, 2015, 07:49:07 PM
Peter Lovenkrands.
Aye, booed a sub when announcer gave wrong name...

imtommygunn

There was a boy near us who must have been the drunkest in the place singing "60 grand 60 grand seamus coleman" , "we love you seamus we do" etc very loudly the whole first half.

Then came the clinker...

"Which one is seamus coleman?"

Boycey

Quote from: laoislad on June 07, 2015, 07:34:47 PM
You need to get out more Boycey.

On the game itself I thought it was ok. Dunno why they would boo Sterling but I hate that anyway.Remember being at a game years ago against who I can't remember but there was a Rangers player on the team and he was booed all night. I thought it was pathetic.

I thought Arter did well when he came on.

You need to get out more if you thought the game was ok ;D

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BennyCake

Anyone see that Big Jack could possibly have got Gazza to play for Ireland? He has an Irish granny apparently.

beer baron

Quote from: laoislad on June 08, 2015, 07:08:02 PM
Has he signed for Ireland?

Sign him up Martin. Apologies lads. This new phones playing games with me. Ill delete that

muppet

Quote from: BennyCake on June 08, 2015, 07:42:45 PM
Anyone see that Big Jack could possibly have got Gazza to play for Ireland? He has an Irish granny apparently.

Probably a bit past it now.
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Quote from: muppet on June 08, 2015, 07:53:18 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on June 08, 2015, 07:42:45 PM

Probably a bit past it now.

Couldn't do any worse mind you
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

Quote from: ballinaman on June 07, 2015, 07:50:57 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 07, 2015, 07:49:07 PM
Peter Lovenkrands.
Aye, booed a sub when announcer gave wrong name...
That was a classic and when informed and requested by the PA to stop booing, the crowd started to cheer when a Dane had the ball and boo the Irish players. Surreal stuff Ted.
Morons use to claim the booing of a ranger's player at lansdowne rd was a sectarian act,  when in fact it was just plain stupid. In the same way, booing Sterling wasn't racially motivated, just stupid.
I don't remember the Rangers' players for Holland in 2001 getting especially booed at Lansdowne rd. Numan or Van Bronckhorst  but Jaap Stam was mercilessly booed at the same game,  some Manchester United infraction or another (his book?), but the thing was, it got to him and it became somewhat  funny when he skied a few shots.

However, it all goes to prove what some of us knew all along, that a good number of Irish devotees of certain epl clubs are some of  the dumbest cretins going.