FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Watcher

Love to know how we lined up for this. To be honest I think it's excellent preparation for Scotland with two games at home against the billy boys and engerland. Irelands biggest game since they qualified for the euros

AZOffaly

Did you see Delaneys claim/admission that they got 5m from FIFA after the French handball incident. He's a gob daw. I think he was trying to make it out like he was well able for Blatter, but now he's made it sound like the fai are complicit in all the corruption and side deals. Ape.

He's made some bizarre comments about telling Blatter to 'move on' when he complimented his new girlfriend and speaking disrespectfully to him across the table. "no one speaks to me like that" "well I do". Trying to be the hero again. Walter Mitty I'd say.

SHEEDY

think the fai did well to get 5million to drop a case they were never going to win but in saying that questions need to be asked about this payment. what happened to this 5m quid? where did the money go? what use was it put to? did any person or persons in the fai benefit from the payment? did the fai accounts from that year mention the payment?

nil satis nisi optimum

AZOffaly

And why are e hearing about it now? I think Delaney is trying to show how he is billy big balls in international football. I wouldn't be surprised if he made it up. If he hasn't, this could be construed as a bribe.

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 04, 2015, 06:13:31 PM
And why are e hearing about it now? I think Delaney is trying to show how he is billy big balls in international football. I wouldn't be surprised if he made it up. If he hasn't, this could be construed as a bribe.

It looks like the FAI were paid off to make them, and an uncomfortable situation, go away.

bribe  (brīb)
n.
1. Money or some other benefit given to a person in power, especially a public official, in an effort to cause the person to take a particular action.
2. Something offered to induce another to do something: tried to use dessert as a bribe to get the child to cooperate.
v. bribed, brib·ing, bribes

He might regret opening his mouth on that one.
MWWSI 2017

dec

Quote from: muppet on June 04, 2015, 06:42:55 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 04, 2015, 06:13:31 PM

It looks like the FAI were paid off to make them, and an uncomfortable situation, go away.

bribe  (brīb)
n.
1. Money or some other benefit given to a person in power, especially a public official, in an effort to cause the person to take a particular action.
2. Something offered to induce another to do something: tried to use dessert as a bribe to get the child to cooperate.
v. bribed, brib·ing, bribes

He might regret opening his mouth on that one.

No, no, no. It wasn't a bribe, it was an out of court settlement which is completely different.

Wildweasel74

£5 Million, good enough for a case we couldn't win lol, wonder who cleared by sneaky payment by FIFA, mustn't be much of an audit trail at FIFA if we can fire 5 million and there and never be missed. Its the first Jim Boyce has heard of it lol

omaghjoe

So it is all in the accounts apparently according to the FAI, have those been verified by any independent press source yet?

I wonder if any discrepancy will come out in what was paid v what was taken? A bit of skiming maybe, aka part of Iris's debacle with at the lockeepers inn, She just took 5grand of the donation to Kirk wasn't?

Either way it looks bad coming out at this time. Should have been declared at the time.

foxcommander

Wait for it...

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

rrhf

The Subbie

As someone on twitter mentioned , is it any wonder Delaney was out in Poland in 2012 buying pints for all before him at the euros.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

From the Bunker

Quote from: The Subbie on June 05, 2015, 09:10:19 AM
As someone on twitter mentioned , is it any wonder Delaney was out in Poland in 2012 buying pints for all before him at the euros.

Why are you saying that he pocketed the money? Where did you read or hear this? And Jez us Irish, it would be another thing if he was not buying pints!

ballinaman

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes  2h2 hours ago
Might start throwing punches in the press box in the hope of getting this game abandoned.

;D