FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Sorry missed that sheedy. If you put him alongside whelan you don't get much creativity.

Mccarthy was touted for barcelona a few years ago.

Main Street

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 31, 2015, 09:43:34 PM
Sorry missed that sheedy. If you put him alongside whelan you don't get much creativity.

Mccarthy was touted for barcelona a few years ago.
McCarthy's (hyperactive) agent touted the possibility that Barca might sign him. You may or may not be aware that Barca's scouting system is the most extensive in Europe  so it would have been seriously amiss of them not to take a look at James when he was at Hamilton. The scout did the rest.
But I do think James age 17 or 18 would have benefitted (at that time) much more with a move to a spanish league side, no doubt he would have picked up good habits. Same with Mcgeady then Aiden might have picked up the habit that first option is look for the pass, but in England and Scotland the first thing they want the skillful player to do is take on the man.
I thought Whelan did okay,  but it's not creativity that you get from James, that's not his game.
He partnered best with Paul Green in the Sweden away game, work that one out :)
James has not developed into a creative midfielder, he's more vanilla, plays his best stuff in his own half and is intelligent.

Thewildcat

Quote from: laoislad on March 31, 2015, 07:49:56 PM
Does anyone else not understand a word Thewildcat says?

or your kopite remarks about Everton players ::)

Maroon Manc

Grealish's father was just on talksport, not helping matters at all, can see why Keane was critical of him.

I'll be surprised if he ends up playing for Ireland based on the interview.

foxcommander

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 21, 2015, 10:17:26 AM
Grealish's father was just on talksport, not helping matters at all, can see why Keane was critical of him.

I'll be surprised if he ends up playing for Ireland based on the interview.

He could be an irish mainstay or an english 1 cap player - the new Lee Hendrie of Aston Villa?
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

JPGJOHNNYG

The Jack Grealish situation is all a bit tiresome and very similar to the McCarthy saga a few years back. Its quite obvious he is weighing up his options and thats fair enough. In my opinion he is ok but nothing special therefore it would be wise to choose the Republic to have a better international career and not become the next Noel Whelan or maybe ask Mark Noble about the advantage of waiting until he is 40 to get a game for England.
Harry Kane was the player we needed and should have been tempted to switch long ago. The FAI sniffing around as he is about to burst into the Spurs starting line up was way way too late. Do the FAI not have staff monitoring all these eligible players. RTE do a round up now every week of  irish and irish eligible players and to be honest there is not too many of them. Martin O'Neil doesnt need this distraction and should be concentrating on how to break down and beat an unbelievably poor Scotland team something we failed to do at Celtic Park.

theskull1

Ethically speaking, the player should show an interest first prior to the other party getting involved? No?   
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

beer baron

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on April 22, 2015, 06:53:33 AM
The Jack Grealish situation is all a bit tiresome and very similar to the McCarthy saga a few years back. Its quite obvious he is weighing up his options and thats fair enough. In my opinion he is ok but nothing special therefore it would be wise to choose the Republic to have a better international career and not become the next Noel Whelan or maybe ask Mark Noble about the advantage of waiting until he is 40 to get a game for England.
Harry Kane was the player we needed and should have been tempted to switch long ago. The FAI sniffing around as he is about to burst into the Spurs starting line up was way way too late. Do the FAI not have staff monitoring all these eligible players. RTE do a round up now every week of  irish and irish eligible players and to be honest there is not too many of them. Martin O'Neil doesnt need this distraction and should be concentrating on how to break down and beat an unbelievably poor Scotland team something we failed to do at Celtic Park.

Very harsh they've been pretty good for most of this campaign. I think they're better than ourselves and the Poles from what i've seen.

From the Bunker

Jack Charlton changed Irish soccer. We started to qualify for tournaments. People started to have a interest in the National team. He set up a system and it worked. He was lucky he had great players. Our system was found out in the 1994 world Cup and subsequently in the 1996 Euro qualifiers. He had no plan B and the golden era of players had grown old. He should have left after the '94 world cup. But that is easy to say now! He is a Legend and will be rightly so remembered, but god the football was awful!

Bingo

Anybody have any idea if tickets will go on general sale of the Ireland V England match? My wee lad is asking to go and I said I'd have a look.

Thanks

Boycey

Quote from: Bingo on May 14, 2015, 12:46:56 PM
Anybody have any idea if tickets will go on general sale of the Ireland V England match? My wee lad is asking to go and I said I'd have a look.

Thanks

They were on sale at one time but had to be bought in a package of 3 games, including Poland and Scotland I think. I dithered for a while and never got round to it and they disappeared. I'd be surprised if they came up again??

Bingo

Quote from: Boycey on May 14, 2015, 01:31:18 PM

Thanks

They were on sale at one time but had to be bought in a package of 3 games, including Poland and Scotland I think. I dithered for a while and never got round to it and they disappeared. I'd be surprised if they came up again??

Thought that myself, be mainly to season ticket holders and match packages.

I'll keep an eye out anyway.

ballinaman

Quote from: Bingo on May 14, 2015, 02:07:14 PM
Quote from: Boycey on May 14, 2015, 01:31:18 PM

Thanks

Thought that myself, be mainly to season ticket holders and match packages.

I'll keep an eye out anyway.
I PM'd a lad there from Monaghan on facebook I know from going to games, who had 2 up on facebook for 100 quid...he put up ad on 12th so not sure if he still has them. Will let ya know.

Edit: replied there...probably gone but will know in morning for sure, you next in line though. Two season tickets in singing section behind goal, best place to be. Father and son used to stand infront of me with no hassle, young lad used to just stand on seat.

red hander

Thanks

If you go on to the YBIG forum there's a specific thread for buying and selling of England tickets at face value, you might get sorted there