FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: SHEEDY on November 15, 2014, 08:51:13 AM
if seamus coleman is going to be the same player for Ireland that he is for everton then we need to have the ball. in nearly every match everton dominate possession allowing both full backs to push up. it was Scotland who dominated possession and the match last night allowing Robertson to push forward at every opportunity

Everton, the Barcelona of the premier league.

Coleman is a top player but was very poor last night. Someone on the panel totted out the same possession excuse. Look, it's up to a full back to put his opp number on the back foot at times during the match and someone cover across weather they are dominating or have less possession.  I don't think Coleman once pushed up and winged in a cross. (I could be wrong)He had a bad day at the office, but as I said, is a top player

rodney trotter

Brady offers a lot more then McClean on the wing, who is more of a grafter with not much end product.

JoG2

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 15, 2014, 10:33:54 AM
Brady offers a lot more then McClean on the wing, who is more of a grafter with not much end product.

McClean is one of the first names on the teamsheet

rodney trotter

Not for his attacking ability, he is pretty headless.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 15, 2014, 10:50:38 AM
I wouldn't say headless but he is still learning IMO
But offers a lot more to the team - I'd have expected we would have been destroyed on that wing if Brady was there instead!
If ward plays then McLean must play - how often was McLean defending the left wing with ward nowhere in sight!!!!!

I'd actually like to try McLean at lb with Brady in front of him

Or see McLean  at l wing back in a 352

JoG2

McClean is an odd name to pick out after last night's team and individual performances

lynchbhoy

McLean has limitations in terms of skill but he more than makes up for it with his work rate tackling and defending team playing abilities!
Def was one of our better players last night - but like the rest of the side , offered little in attack .
Hendrick and Gibson not back fully match fit or exp enough at international level in this team. No cohesion. Hard to build on that!

I laughed when folk said before German game that he might be outmuscled - he's a real Derry Mucker and if anything would scrap rather than run away!!

magpie seanie

Quote from: T Fearon on November 15, 2014, 06:58:16 AM
I was in North Stand and there was a fair few Irish fans in my vicinity.Definitely more than 3, 500 Irish fans there.Scottish fans are so passionate, never have I witnessed an anthem sung with more gusto than Flower of Scotland was last night

Pity they weren't as passionate when the went to the polling stations. Faux nationalism.

lynchbhoy

Obv a lot of the Celtic Scottish were at the game cheering on Ireland- as a few of the Irish chants and songs were amended Celtic songs!
They were booed by the jock fans

Sickens me we lost to them as they are a poor outfit but have cohesion and great team spirit - certainly lifted by their recent good run of form too

Def agree with you Seanie ( did you get my pm from a few weeks ago?)

magpie seanie

Got back to you there.

Usually don't got too over excited about the soccer team but I really wanted us to win that one and am pretty pissed off we lost.

SHEEDY

Quote from: JoG2 on November 15, 2014, 10:49:44 AM
Quote from: rodney trotter on November 15, 2014, 10:33:54 AM

McClean is one of the first names on the teamsheet
he's not even one of the 1st names on the wigan team and offered nothing last night. should only be used off the bench.
nil satis nisi optimum

Max Payne

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 15, 2014, 11:06:04 AM
Quote from: rodney trotter on November 15, 2014, 10:50:38 AM
I wouldn't say headless but he is still learning IMO
But offers a lot more to the team - I'd have expected we would have been destroyed on that wing if Brady was there instead!
If ward plays then McLean must play - how often was McLean defending the left wing with ward nowhere in sight!!!!!

I'd actually like to try McLean at lb with Brady in front of him

Or see McLean  at l wing back in a 352

Ward is absolutely stone useless. Is there no one else? He's never in the right position defensively and any time he gets the ball he just lumps it forward.

Myles Na G.

Strachan has Scotland attempting to play football, while even Michael O'Neill has Norn Iron playing a better passing game than the republic. Don't know what Martin's attempting to do, but at the moment it's ugly and ineffective. To borrow a line from Gary Lineker, the best way of watching this Ireland team is on teletext.

rodney trotter

Quote from: JoG2 on November 15, 2014, 11:07:36 AM
McClean is an odd name to pick out after last night's team and individual performances

You think so? He offered nothing going forward, so it was relevant to mention him.  Obviously there was others too

And as was said not making the Wigan team in the Championship.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Myles Na G. on November 15, 2014, 12:22:17 PM
Strachan has Scotland attempting to play football, while even Michael O'Neill has Norn Iron playing a better passing game than the republic. Don't know what Martin's attempting to do, but at the moment it's ugly and ineffective. To borrow a line from Gary Lineker, the best way of watching this Ireland team is on teletext.

Agree with this. Disappointed with what I saw (first half only). Seems things didn't improve in 2ns half.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.