FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on November 14, 2014, 09:46:10 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on November 14, 2014, 09:44:34 PM
Quote from: laoislad on November 14, 2014, 09:39:54 PM
Better team won.
Bad night for us and also a  bad night for you Nordies losing to Romania.

W A N K E R.
T H A N K S  ;D
I think you should remove "Roll on France 2016" from your title. Unless you are referring to the nordies  :D

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 14, 2014, 10:20:15 PM
Quote from: laoislad on November 14, 2014, 09:46:10 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on November 14, 2014, 09:44:34 PM
Quote from: laoislad on November 14, 2014, 09:39:54 PM
Better team won.
Bad night for us and also a  bad night for you Nordies losing to Romania.

W A N K E R.
T H A N K S  ;D
I think you should remove "Roll on France 2016" from your title. Unless you are referring to the nordies  :D
I didn't start the thread Marshall.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Main Street on November 14, 2014, 03:56:19 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on November 14, 2014, 02:21:06 PM
Watch it, the lot of ye!!!

http://www.westmeathexaminer.ie/news/roundup/articles/2014/11/14/4033862-tyrrellspass-native-involved-in-bust-up-with-keano/

"He cannot walk up to one of the best Ireland fans in the last 25 years and treat them like that."  :D Sounds like a modest, well rounded fellow
Westmeath? that's alright then,  natives from the other 31 counties can breathe a sigh of relief. Gillespie inspires the same feeling in me as that nutcase who attacked  a leading marathon runner at the olympics

Ah, he doesn't represent anyone, well apart from tools everywhere. Saying that he's not even the biggest tool in his own home village.

Poor performance and result tonight, pales in comparison to reports of Scottish fan dying after falling from upper tier.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

T Fearon

First time seeing Ireland in the flesh under O'Neill.Worst performance since home draw with Iceland.Scotland shoujd have won by three.Think Martin's best days are behind him.Best ever atmosphere Ive ever witnessed at an international game.Was like a Champions League game only we were watching Jon Walters instead of Messi

Main Street

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 14, 2014, 09:45:49 PM
Scotland not a good side but we deserved nothing tonight

Keogh should be first choice centre half

I've always had serious reservations about Coleman. Maybe better as a wing back or right side mf.

Meyler and McLean/Brady should be the full backs

McCarthy badly missed. Didn't use width of the pitch or wide men who had the beating of their opponents. Bad result 3 points dropped
I'd agree that Coleman was a great disappointment but I'd rather put that down to an anomaly, than you having such foresight  ;)

Syferus

Coleman is probably the best RB in one of the best leagues in soccer. Perspective = needed.

yellowcard

Coleman is over rated. He is a decent player but he struggled at times tonight. Can't see him ever playing at any higher level than Everton.

yellowcard

As for Stephen Ward, he is way short of international class full back. Never crosses the half way line and boots the ball 60 yards every time he is under the remotest pressure.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Main Street on November 15, 2014, 12:07:08 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 14, 2014, 09:45:49 PM
Scotland not a good side but we deserved nothing tonight

Keogh should be first choice centre half

I've always had serious reservations about Coleman. Maybe better as a wing back or right side mf.

Meyler and McLean/Brady should be the full backs

McCarthy badly missed. Didn't use width of the pitch or wide men who had the beating of their opponents. Bad result 3 points dropped
I'd agree that Coleman was a great disappointment but I'd rather put that down to an anomaly, than you having such foresight  ;)
I just never have seen him defending well
Think he played as a striker for st Catherine's killybegs underage
He's great at getting forward and having shots/getting on the end of crosses/scoring

( Stephen ward started off as a striker then midfielder)

But some of the most acclaimed full backs were more accomplished at attacking and were somewhat lacking as defenders - Roberto Carlos iirc

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: T Fearon on November 14, 2014, 11:24:03 PM
First time seeing Ireland in the flesh under O'Neill.Worst performance since home draw with Iceland.Scotland shoujd have won by three.Think Martin's best days are behind him.Best ever atmosphere Ive ever witnessed at an international game.Was like a Champions League game only we were watching Jon Walters instead of Messi

Fair play to the Ireland fans who were going to outnumber the home support, it seems they turned up in blue shirts and sang Scotland songs to fit in.

Better team won the game, Ireland are a classic O'Neil team in being physical and well organised but there isn't much football in that team and they got what they deserved.  Strachan has Scottish playing good football but they don't convince at the back and the forward line doesn't offer enough threat.  All to play for.

T Fearon

I was in North Stand and there was a fair few Irish fans in my vicinity.Definitely more than 3, 500 Irish fans there.Scottish fans are so passionate, never have I witnessed an anthem sung with more gusto than Flower of Scotland was last night

rrhf

Irish players being booed at celtic park. Pantomime nationalism.... the last big expression of Scottish nationalism was the rejection of their own sovereignty. 

SHEEDY

if seamus coleman is going to be the same player for Ireland that he is for everton then we need to have the ball. in nearly every match everton dominate possession allowing both full backs to push up. it was Scotland who dominated possession and the match last night allowing Robertson to push forward at every opportunity.

Scotland players seemed more comfortable on the ball while the irish players always seemed to look for long and walters with the long ball which nearly always meant a loss in possession. james McCarthy was a massive loss.

the home qualifers against Poland and scotland are now must wins.
nil satis nisi optimum

Aaron Boone

Next competitive match v Poland and they are a serious team. Take out Lewandowski and they still have players who ply their trade at Torino, Ajax and Seville. And their keeper plays for Champion League regulars Arsenal.

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on November 15, 2014, 12:08:26 AM
Coleman is probably the best RB in one of the best leagues in soccer. Perspective = needed.

He plays in a better team in his day job, Syf. It's like those top Ros players. If they were playing for Mayo they'd be more successful :).
International football is more like club championship GAA. It's all about the weak links.

Passing, movement, composure, quality, heart, intelligence, temperament, guile, daring, enterprise - that is what you need in the team as a whole according to the panel. And it's hard to fill up 15 minutes talking about mediocrity.