FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Am going to Tblisi next Friday. Should be an interesting trip to say the least...don't know what to expect. Any advice Sligonian, remember you said you've been there I think?

Captain Obvious

laoislad

One of the most frustrating player to ever play for Ireland IMO but two great finishes from him in fairness.
An undeserved 3 points but we'll take them.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J OGorman

Phew....Huge 3 points.  Plenty to work on though

J OGorman

TabClear

All about the three points today. Not an easy place to go.

Just watched the episode of Moone Boy where they focus on the world cup of 1990 and Ireland's run. Funny show and some of the actual footage of the homecoming and the bars during the matches is hilarious! Slim.chance of a repeat in the short term unfortunately

laoislad

Quote from: J OGorman on September 07, 2014, 07:10:32 PM
Yer man Tony is still acting the plonker
Dunphy and Giles turning on MON already.
I switched over to Sky, Carra and Quinn far better.

stibhan

The only reason McGeady is frustrating is because he should have always been played as an attacking midfielder. It's where he started for Celtic and where most of his best games have been. I've been saying this for years.

He doesn't have the ability to put in a consistently good cross, so it's going to be a circular purgatory watching him play on the wing. As you saw last night, and even against Chelsea, when he gets the ball on the edge of the box he can make space with a bit of flair and technical ability. The commentary on RTÉ was continually stressing the need to put someone behind Robbie Keane -- McGeady is the person who can do that job. It's where O'Neill played him on his debut for Celtic and I hope it's where he will end up.

magpie seanie

Quote from: stibhan on September 08, 2014, 11:41:08 AM
The only reason McGeady is frustrating is because he should have always been played as an attacking midfielder. It's where he started for Celtic and where most of his best games have been. I've been saying this for years.

He doesn't have the ability to put in a consistently good cross, so it's going to be a circular purgatory watching him play on the wing. As you saw last night, and even against Chelsea, when he gets the ball on the edge of the box he can make space with a bit of flair and technical ability. The commentary on RTÉ was continually stressing the need to put someone behind Robbie Keane -- McGeady is the person who can do that job. It's where O'Neill played him on his debut for Celtic and I hope it's where he will end up.

Good post. Circular purgatory - you should patent that term - it's exactly the right desrcription of McGeady's more frustrating side.

Glad we got the win but realistically we need to be beating Georgia. We're not world beaters but who the hell are they?

O'Neill will start off conservatively and focus on gettnig the side nice and solid. Then he'll get them playing a bit. This has been his trend as a manager. Dunphy needs to calm down. I think Tony O'Donoghue's line of questioning is snide and I would'nt blame O'Neill for cutting his socks off.

J OGorman

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 08, 2014, 12:05:57 PM
Quote from: stibhan on September 08, 2014, 11:41:08 AM

Good post. Circular purgatory - you should patent that term - it's exactly the right desrcription of McGeady's more frustrating side.

Glad we got the win but realistically we need to be beating Georgia. We're not world beaters but who the hell are they?

O'Neill will start off conservatively and focus on gettnig the side nice and solid. Then he'll get them playing a bit. This has been his trend as a manager. Dunphy needs to calm down. I think Tony O'Donoghue's line of questioning is snide and I would'nt blame O'Neill for cutting his socks off.

listen up you uncultured swines...DUNPHY WILL NOT BE CLOSED DOWN!!! Could be a long old campaign

How'd the trip go Ballinaman? 

Mayo4Sam

I saw the pictures on FB Ballinaman, looks like a nice spot. I'd say the locals would turn on you quick enough though if you were raining down ash on them!
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

GJL

Jell 0 Biafra

I dread to think what Germany are going to do to this lot.

Aaron Boone

The sub keeper did well for the Iberians, kept it to a tidy 7-0.

laoislad

Quote from: GJL on October 11, 2014, 06:28:30 PM
Boys in green banging some stuff today! 8)
I thought yer game was only starting at 7:45... ;)