FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: Fuzzman on November 08, 2013, 01:52:21 PM
Sorry maybe this link is better in here

Found this wee website

Naturally it's a bit biased but still an interesting read though I've only started it

http://www.soccer-ireland.com/saipan/index.htm

That's insane. Erm, excuse me for the afternoon...

rodney trotter

Talk of a All Ireland team playing England every 2 years for Charity. A lot of the best Northern players are playing for ROI so not many guesses who would make the team :), bar Johnny Evans

anglocelt39

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 08, 2013, 02:18:38 PM
Talk of a All Ireland team playing England every 2 years for Charity. A lot of the best Northern players are playing for ROI so not many guesses who would make the team :), bar Johnny Evans

feck if you think the GAA all star awards are a rigged political compromise wait till they sit down to pick this one, in fact wait till they sit down to pick who picks this one, this sentence could go on forever.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

CitySlicker11

Anyone care to take a stab at an All Ireland selection?

1. Forde
2. Coleman
4. Evans
5. O'Shea
3. Wilson
6. Gibson
7. McGeady
8. McCarthy
11. Hoolahan
9. Long
10. Keane

Applesisapples

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on November 11, 2013, 12:41:00 PM

1. Forde
2. Coleman
4. Evans
5. O'Shea
3. Wilson
6. Gibson
7. McGeady
8. McCarthy
11. Hoolahan
9. Long
10. Keane
There's no point the IFA have kicked it into touch, to borrow a phrase from another code.

muppet

Quote from: Applesisapples on November 11, 2013, 12:44:26 PM
Quote from: CitySlicker11 on November 11, 2013, 12:41:00 PM

1. Forde
2. Coleman
4. Evans
5. O'Shea
3. Wilson
6. Gibson
7. McGeady
8. McCarthy
11. Hoolahan
9. Long
10. Keane
There's no point the IFA have kicked it into touch, to borrow a phrase from another code.

The IFA has just released a statement saying that the IFA kicking anything to touch is not on their radar.
MWWSI 2017

deiseach

I can't say I blame the IFA, Enda Kenny really should know better. However, I wonder will the do a lorra work for charidee (but they don't like to talk about it) crowd be denouncing the IFA in the same terms that the GAA were when they wouldn't allow Healy Park be used for fundraising soccer matches for the victims of the Omagh bomb, matches which Omagh Town used to pay off their own debts.

magpie seanie

Quote from: deiseach on November 11, 2013, 01:01:36 PM

I can't say I blame the IFA, Enda Kenny really should know better. However, I wonder will the do a lorra work for charidee (but they don't like to talk about it) crowd be denouncing the IFA in the same terms that the GAA were when they wouldn't allow Healy Park be used for fundraising soccer matches for the victims of the Omagh bomb, matches which Omagh Town used to pay off their own debts.

How would he? You see the mess he presides over. Guy is a total clown, nothing he comes out with should surprise anyone.

deiseach

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 11, 2013, 01:36:13 PM
How would he? You see the mess he presides over. Guy is a total clown, nothing he comes out with should surprise anyone.

Okay, anyone with a jot of sense should know better, which excludes Enda.

Applesisapples

But surely if we are going to break down sectarian barriers that are so evident in soccer it is a place to start. From the outside it appears to me that the IFA kicked it into touch because they are part and parcel of the OWC brigade.

EC Unique

Does the IFA have to be on board for it to happen? Just invite the players from the 32 counties and work away? Can the IFA prevent them?

Applesisapples

Quote from: EC Unique on November 11, 2013, 01:58:55 PM
Does the IFA have to be on board for it to happen? Just invite the players from the 32 counties and work away? Can the IFA prevent them?
It would be better if they were. I read in the IN that Derek Doogan's international career ended with his involvement with the organising committee for the "Shamrock Rovers 11". So I guess there wouldn't be a queue of NI players to join up. I'd love to see Kyle Laverty in the team though...outta badness!

deiseach

Quote from: Applesisapples on November 11, 2013, 01:55:26 PM
But surely if we are going to break down sectarian barriers that are so evident in soccer it is a place to start. From the outside it appears to me that the IFA kicked it into touch because they are part and parcel of the OWC brigade.

We get all kinds of suggestions to the GAA on how they can 'break down sectarian barriers'. Even a reasonable person (ahem) would find them irritating in how they make assumptions about the organisation they hold dear, and I can see how a reasonable OWCer would feel the same.

And yes, reasonable OWCers do exist.

ballinaman

CitySlicker11

Has Roy got a private deal with Puma?  Thought with Ireland being Umbro that they would have to wear all their gear.