FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

I don't really see the point of having Keane there, it strikes me as overkill, an imbalance. I thought MON would want some individuals who are savvy with the tactical part of a game, who can get the players to function as a unit in a team which has to perform with more flexible and with a variety of game plans.  But if MON wants him there then he must see a role for the cranky contrarian.
The team doesn't need motivation, spirit, pride in shirt, they already have that in abundance. But after Euro 2012, the dogs in the street  could see that the players had little belief in Trap's one dimensional, rigid game plan.
Hopefully MON can find somebody who has tactical nous in abundance. I don't have any confidence that Keane has that knowledge.

ballinaman

Brilliant line from Dave Hannigan...

"The Japanese lost 24,000 men in Saipan and they've spent a lot less time obsessing over what happened there than we do."

Savage news re appointment of MON, onwards and upwards.

EC Unique

Quote"Roy and I would not have had much contact in the past. We met last week and there were no problems whatsoever," Delaney told Irish radio station Newstalk.

"The meeting was absolutely brilliant from my point of view and I think from his as well. It was all about the future, not about the past.

"Irish football and our country is bigger than anything. Two icons of Irish football can work together with us. I just hope everybody gets behind us. This is a team effort."

Best of luck to the 2 men in charge. I might even grace the Aviva more often. :)

CitySlicker11

Will they be in charge for the game next Friday week?

muppet

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on November 05, 2013, 01:32:33 PM
Will they be in charge for the game next Friday week?

This is debatable, but I'd would hope Roy hasn't walked by then.  :D
MWWSI 2017

Shamrock Shore

laoislad

So then Martin O'Neill it is.
Another foreign manager but we'll get over that.

Best of luck to him,I don't really rate him that highly as a manger but I hope he proves me wrong.

Any word on if fans are allowed to sing or not?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ballinaman

Some great points raised on the streets of our nations capital today.... ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcxRUckh81A

EC Unique

AQMP

Quote from: laoislad on November 05, 2013, 01:47:29 PM
So then Martin O'Neill it is.
Another foreign manager but we'll get over that.

Best of luck to him,I don't really rate him that highly as a manger but I hope he proves me wrong.

Any word on if fans are allowed to sing or not?

Away with ya!

highorlow

Whatever about the singing the lads better not take their phones to training.

I'm still holding out that this is all just a joke or a promotion for next seasons celebrity Bannisteor!
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

J OGorman

Quote from: highorlow on November 05, 2013, 10:43:42 PM
Whatever about the singing the lads better not take their phones to training.

I'm still holding out that this is all just a joke or a promotion for next seasons celebrity Bannisteor!

Who were you hoping would take the hot seat?

T Fearon

Both men trying to resurrect their managerial careers,and neither will have to put up with the crap Charlton (at the end),Mc Carthy,Kerr or Trapp had to take.

Can see O'Neill returning to club management the minute he gets a decent offer from a worthwhile Premiership club,after a year or two,at which stage Keane could move naturally to the Irish manager's post and be top man.