FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Is Andy Townsend Irish or English  tonight.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

muppet

Quote from: laoislad on May 29, 2013, 08:37:24 PM
Is Andy Townsend Irish or English  tonight.

He is saying 'we' about us. Although it could be 'oui' or even 'wee', so who knows.
MWWSI 2017

Itchy

Townsend has always considered himself Irish, pity yis tease him for effectively his accent

muppet

Quote from: Itchy on May 29, 2013, 09:07:25 PM
Townsend has always considered himself Irish, pity yis tease him for effectively his accent

He was some player.

Look at this goal at 0:40 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWICcc181iY
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Townsend gives MOM to Seamus Coleman (who I thought was subbed at HT).

No doubting his loyalties.

Fans singing you'll never beat the Irish.

I wish they'd hang on a minute or two.
MWWSI 2017

Captain Obvious

David Forde made some good saves to earn Ireland a draw.

muppet

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 29, 2013, 09:48:20 PM
David Forde made some good saves to earn Ireland a draw.

He was very good!

Last I heard of him he was still hurling with Clare.
MWWSI 2017

michaelg

How come then he refers to England as 'we' in other England matches not featuring the ROI that he is covering?

From the Bunker

Quote from: michaelg on May 29, 2013, 09:51:05 PM
How come then he refers to England as 'we' in other England matches not featuring the ROI that he is covering?

Ah i would not come down hard on the lad. After all he was born and raised in England! Sure he played for the Republic and he has a soft spot for us. But you cannot ask him to pretend he has no connection with his home?

EC Unique

Thought we did well tonight and could have pushed on and won it.

Oraisteach

Don't know, michael, but tonight USA plays Belgium and I'll be referring to them as "we", but if the match were against Ireland my "we" would change.

All of a Sludden

Quote from: EC Unique on May 29, 2013, 09:58:45 PM

Didn't realise your wee country were playing tonight.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Main Street

Quote from: michaelg on May 29, 2013, 09:51:05 PM
When it comes to Ireland v England,  the Anglos who had declared for Ireland will always side !00% with Ireland.
That was also clear from Townsend's opening remarks. There is no prevarication.

muppet

Quote from: EC Unique on May 29, 2013, 09:58:45 PM

We could have won. We have about 4 players who are up to the required standard and they tried hard, it being Wembley.

Forde was good. I like St. Ledger but bad mistake for the goal. Roy was nice to him so that's ok then. Coleman had a very good first half offensively and defended well towards the end. He will be a big player for Ireland. Kelly is no a left back but was quick enough to confuse Walcott occasionally. McCarthy was the best CM on view and is still on 22. Time for a big club to take him on. Arsene? Long was a pain in the hole to the England defence and took his goal brilliantly.

Whelan, McGeady, St. Ledger, Kelly, Keane and an out of position Walters were pretty poor imho.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

QuoteHodgson on Brazil. "They play a slightly different type of football."

;D ;D ;D ;D
MWWSI 2017