FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cicfada

I thought long was tired myself but he wasn't the only one . It cried out for houlihan to come on. Pity for those players as they defended so well but an Austrian goal was inevitable . Brady is right though , wait till its mathematically impossible before getting rid of him. It'll be soon enough!!

Itchy

Quote from: tyssam5 on March 26, 2013, 09:46:08 PM
Caught out like many's an Italian team before them, thought they deserved to hold on.
How can you think that, Austria had over 80% possession in the 2nd half as the away team. They deserved their draw, Traps tactics deserve nothing.

Itchy

Quote from: cicfada on March 26, 2013, 09:49:28 PM
I thought long was tired myself but he wasn't the only one . It cried out for houlihan to come on. Pity for those players as they defended so well but an Austrian goal was inevitable . Brady is right though , wait till its mathematically impossible before getting rid of him. It'll be soon enough!!
But long is a willing runner and would run the ball into the corner. Walters was so fucked he was falling over the ball.

From the Bunker

highorlow

That was an aggressive interview for christ sake.

The RTE won't get many more interviews from him or the players from now on.

Typical RTE disrespect. They did the same about 3 years ago to Wenger. They are all becoming scum like Dunphy. Fair play to Brady.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

galwayman

You could see Sammon was struggling 15-20 mins into second half but was left on.

From the Bunker

Quote from: highorlow on March 26, 2013, 10:01:07 PM
That was an aggressive interview for christ sake.

The RTE won't get many more interviews from him or the players from now on.

Typical RTE disrespect. They did the same about 3 years ago to Wenger. They are all becoming scum like Dunphy. Fair play to Brady.

Totally agree. As well as that he was totally pissed at the result and was struggling to hold his nerve and concentrate on the interview.

CorkMan

Totally unlike us to throw away a lead. I just didn't see it coming.

laoislad

Injury time deflected goal, Trap is shite,sack him he doesn't know what he is doing...
Ball isn't deflected or gets blocked and is cleared downfield and Ireland win 2-1.. Trap is a genius, Ireland are brilliant, being on the Germans..
Fine margins.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

From the Bunker

Quote from: CorkMan on March 26, 2013, 10:08:42 PM
Totally unlike us to throw away a lead. I just didn't see it coming.

Lucky then you did not bet on it!  ;)

GalwayBayBoy

That was all on Trap's negligent management. He stood there doing nothing when a number of Ireland players were blowing out their arses 25 minutes from the end. And when he eventually does make a change he takes off Ireland's best player on the night. And given how tired the players were on a heavy pitch to leave an unused sub on the sideline was criminal. He didn't even throw on a sub to give the players a short rest in injury time. Sammon could barely move for the last 20 minutes and let's face it his control of the ball wasn't getting any better.

cicfada

Talk about  a moronic question asking him was he going to retire ?? How stupid is that  for a question ? Austria fully deserved a draw but I could see us winning  there! Problem is I could see Sweden drawing here or even winning !!

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 26, 2013, 10:16:21 PM
We're great at getting draws.

Great at being negative and having no ambition aswell.

Sea The Stars

Spirited performance with a harsh end. Wouldn't be as critical as others when it comes to Trap, should have been Sammon or Walters not Long to make way Green alright and maybe he could have made use of the third sub.

I question the players. The 4 wide players ere out on their feet for the last 30 mins, McCarthy did he even come out for the second half? Trap can't sub them all. Whelan usually the first to be criticised he kept Ireland in it with some brilliant tackles.

2 goals conceded, 1 a deflection, 1 that Clark made a hames of. Unfortuntely luck plays a large part in these things. I felt Ireland were much the better side even in Austria's period of dominance, they had chances.