FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

That interview just adds to Harte's 'mystique'.
Trap had already clarified at the press conference that Kelly had not turned down an invitation to join the Poland squad.
He didn't get an invitation, Trap was going with Coleman and sent him a polite 'no thank you'.
There was some private meeting with Kelly before leaving for the Faroes where Kelly is reported to have said 'it's not worth my while going, if I'm not going to get a game'. Tardelli had to convince him to get on the plane. Kelly has not clarified what happened there, he has chosen to sidestep that incident.  The other players were not aware of what went down in the meeting.
Harte is as usual talking through his hole. Tardelli had attended quite a few of the Reading games and had answered reporters' questions about Harte, long before Harte claimed Trap didn't even know he was Irish. Tardelli had said at the time that they were looking at younger players.
Of course Trap should not have named Kelly like that,  just one of his passionate Strunz moments.
In contrast to Irish whiners, the Bayern fans remember his outbursts fondly, ranting against the 'players who complain more than play' and when they played 'they were weak like an empty bottle'.

ballinaman

Pretty slick...wish could buy with without the sponsor though.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Declan

Can't remember the last time there was such apathy around the place.
The RTE2 schdule tonight reads: Home & Away, World Cup Qualifier, Mission Impossible. Is someone talking the mick?

rodney trotter

They probaly heard Paul Green was starting..

deiseach

Quote from: ballinaman on February 18, 2013, 12:21:15 PM
Discussing the national team temporarily darkens the mood of a man who is in good spirits. There's nothing else to complain about. He has moved his family to Wokingham, 10km east of Reading and 45km west of London. "The perfect distance away."

Ah, an excellent place to live. It's the quintessential leafy south of England commuter town - and I say that as a compliment, not in a just-like-Milton-Keynes way. I must pester him the next time I'm there with Mrs d.

take_yer_points

Is anyone planning on watching the match on saorview in Belfast? If you are could you let me know if its working - mine isn't and I'm not too sure if something's happened my aerial or if its a signal problem. Signal for freeview is fine. Cheers

BennyCake

Who was that eejit slaughtering the Irish anthem?

Itchy

When did soccer fans decide on masse to disrespect the anthem? Only the players stand to attention now it seems. We might as well have Ireland's call if that is how it is to be respected.

Mr. Nakata

Any streams for this? Virgin have blocked my RTE...the tramps

From the Bunker

Whats going on here, Ireland playing football under Trap! Good game!

Quote from: BennyCake on March 22, 2013, 07:44:10 PM
Who was that eejit slaughtering the Irish anthem?

He invented a few new Irish words as well!  :-[

sammymaguire

Decent point away in Stockholm and the clean sheet was well deserved by a keeper who done very well but not a single shot on target is a big disappointment
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

From the Bunker

Look after all the doom and gloom, we've got a good point. Sweden were built up, but not without some good results. So they were not invincible and we not as bad as we thought! Anyway onto the Austria game.

rodney trotter

Good result. Sweden were poor, highlight of the game was probaly green making a balls of a 5 yard pass.

He battled well to be fair.. Phil Mitchell made an appearance at the end too. The Austrians will be hard to beat. Need the win.