FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Declan

I've seen that lad play alright ballinaman - impressive

stew

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 26, 2012, 10:53:45 AM
Emma Hansberry is supposed to be unreal. Plays with Sligo ladies gaelic football team and due to soccer committments wasn't able to play a game earlier in the summer. Game was a humdinger and Sligo got a crucial penalty. They put her on, she planted the penalty and then took her off immediately! Thought it was a brilliant story when I heard it.

Seanie, how would it feel to be a sub, sitting there scratching yer arse and all of a sudden the manager puts a girl that should be playing on for the ten seconds, long enough to score from the spot, only to take her straight off again? that would not have sat well with me at all at all.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

AZOffaly

Girls don't scratch their arses. That's an awful thing to say Stew!
I think, unless I'm reading it wrong, that Seanie is saying the Sligo GAA management agreed to not play her in the game because she had a soccer commitment, but when they got the peno they treated her like an American Football Placekicker. That way she wasn't at any risk of injuring herself for the soccer game, while still able to help Sligo.

At least I think that's what he meant! :)

magpie seanie

That's exactly it. I think it's genius and when you have 5 subs you can afford to do it.

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

SHEEDY

marc wilson suffered a broken ankle in stokes match against sunderland. big blow for the lad when he had just forced his way onto the ireland team.
nil satis nisi optimum

general

Provisional 26-man squad announced to face Greece (squad will be shortened to 23 prior to Nov. 11th meet-up):

Westwood, Forde, Randolph, Coleman, O'Shea, O'Dea, Kelly, McShane, Ward, Duffy, Clark, Delaney, Andrews, McCarthy, Fahey, Meyler, Whelan, Clifford, Keogh, McGeady, McClean, Brady, Hoolahan, Doyle, Cox, Walters

what does every1 think? some good young players IMO, however some not playing any 1st team football which is a worry, these being duffy, brady, clifford and meyler

on the plus side, hoolahan, who has playing to a decent stadard for norwich is included.

im dreading the thought of how empty the aviva will be and how many will pull out due to "injury"

rodney trotter

Quote from: general on October 31, 2012, 03:31:19 PM
Provisional 26-man squad announced to face Greece (squad will be shortened to 23 prior to Nov. 11th meet-up):

Westwood, Forde, Randolph, Coleman, O'Shea, O'Dea, Kelly, McShane, Ward, Duffy, Clark, Delaney, Andrews, McCarthy, Fahey, Meyler, Whelan, Clifford, Keogh, McGeady, McClean, Brady, Hoolahan, Doyle, Cox, Walters

what does every1 think? some good young players IMO, however some not playing any 1st team football which is a worry, these being duffy, brady, clifford and meyler

on the plus side, hoolahan, who has playing to a decent stadard for norwich is included.

im dreading the thought of how empty the aviva will be and how many will pull out due to "injury"

Said it before but there is a few players playing in the Airtricity league who would be capable of playing international football, even say for a Friendly game.. Playing regular football unlike a few in the latest squad, Mark Quigely and Ronan Finn are good enough IMO.

Be lucky to get 25,000 at that game.

AZOffaly

Greece are horrendous as an attraction as well..

magpie seanie

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 31, 2012, 03:36:21 PM

Said it before but there is a few players playing in the Airtricity league who would be capable of playing international football, even say for a Friendly game.. Playing regular football unlike a few in the latest squad, Mark Quigely and Ronan Finn are good enough IMO.

With all due respect what are they doing playing LOI if they are international standard? Quigley looks good for Sligo Rovers alright but its a bit of a step up. Even the rubbish Robbie plays is a much higher standard than LOI.

trileacman

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 31, 2012, 11:09:02 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on October 31, 2012, 03:36:21 PM

With all due respect what are they doing playing LOI if they are international standard? Quigley looks good for Sligo Rovers alright but its a bit of a step up. Even the rubbish Robbie plays is a much higher standard than LOI.

My thoughts exactly, no-one in a LOI team would get near a PL team, that's why they are playing in the LOI. As bad as America is they still regularly come back to star in the PL, Donovan/Keane etc.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

From the Bunker

Not to knock the League of Ireland, cos it has plenty who do.

But the best players lined out in a friendly v Man Utd two years ago and were humiliated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alGYFqchfIo

Billys Boots

Ouch, Gavin Peers must still be having nightmares about those first two goals.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...