FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakleaflad

Republic of Ireland team for tonight: Westwood, Coleman, O'Shea, O'Dea, Wilson, Brady, Andrews, McCarthy, McGeady, Keane, Walters.

Captain Obvious

Jack Charlton had top panel of players to choose from Mick McCarthys squad wasn't bad either. It's hard to compare managers when they don't have the same quality available.

Celt_Man

George Hamilton ‏@HamiltonRTE
Trap has cancelled his press conference tomorrow. #RTEsoccer #rtesport

Hmmm... what to make of that?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Declan

Yep - Word is he's gone. Straight back to Milan after game. Delaney's birthday yesterday and they had a bit of a get together and Trap wasn't at it. Apparently has the cheque in his pocket as well

The Worker

AZOffaly

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 16, 2012, 06:10:56 PM
Jack Charlton had top panel of players to choose from Mick McCarthys squad wasn't bad either. It's hard to compare managers when they don't have the same quality available.

This is true.

trileacman

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 16, 2012, 05:05:31 PM
I think Mark Quigley from Sligo Rovers should get a call up for the Greece friendly in November. He has been excellent this season and has been for a few years in the Airtricity League. I think he could be another Keith Fahey, moving to relatively late to England unlike Doyle, Long, McGlean.

His chances of a call up would be slim anyways with Trap in charge, but its worth a thought.

So Trap should be overlooking younger talent playing in the PL for guys who couldn't make it in the first place? I thought the whole problem with Trap is he is picking guys from lower ranked teams?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Declan

Changes haven't really made any difference after a bright enough start. Brady looks decent , Robbie not in it and Wilson much of a muchness with Ward. We seem happy to be nil all!!

Now Cox warming up for Robbie!

Captain Obvious

Celt_Man

Great strike but Simon Cox back on the wing for Brady... Anyone else find it strange?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Captain Obvious

Declan

AZOffaly

Quote from: Celt_Man on October 16, 2012, 08:06:00 PM
Great strike but Simon Cox back on the wing for Brady... Anyone else find it strange?

Yes, I thought Brady wasn't bad, and he needs games. But what has Shane Long done? Did he make a go at the translator or something?

gerrykeegan

Keane claiming the goal, f**k sake, two minutes earlier he should have released the ball. Stay in LA, what the f**k has shane long done wrong.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)