FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J OGorman

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 12, 2012, 09:37:49 PM
None of the Germans impressed Ronnie Whelan he gave Jon Walters the man of the match. 1-6 it ended.

It's the 3 Irish man of the match. Walter's was our only shining light by a country mile

magpie seanie

Quote from: J OGorman on October 12, 2012, 09:22:25 PM
Quote from: Jonah on October 12, 2012, 09:13:42 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 12, 2012, 09:06:00 PM
Come on supporters! Sing goddammit!

I really hope that is tongue in cheek.
I'd hate to think anyone would rejoice in their country being embarrassed like this.

Doubt it. It's the done thing these days. English supporting Irish soccer fans turning their back on their national team (a country with the same population as Birmingham). I assumed he'd be watching a repeat of a Man Utd plc game or bidding on a pair of Ronaldo's nags on ebay rather than watching his country

Well you would assume wrong but that seems to be a trend with you. Keep it up.

From the Bunker

Quote from: J OGorman on October 12, 2012, 09:45:37 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 12, 2012, 09:37:49 PM
None of the Germans impressed Ronnie Whelan he gave Jon Walters the man of the match. 1-6 it ended.

It's the 3 Irish man of the match. Walter's was our only shining light by a country mile

Walter's was our only shining light by a Irish country mile.

SHEEDY

nil satis nisi optimum

AZOffaly

I thought Coleman at least tried. I actually thought the much maligned McGeady at least tried to get on the ball. He's just not good enough.

Capt Pat

I think the knives have been out for Trap before this game. He was misding the better half of this team in Keane, Dunne, St Ledger, Doyle, Mclean and Whelan. You have to put it in context.

rodney trotter

Dire, we were very lucky we didn't get a similar result in Moscow last year,.. only for the heroics of Dunne and Given somehow scrapped a draw.

Jonah

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 12, 2012, 09:49:04 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on October 12, 2012, 09:22:25 PM
Quote from: Jonah on October 12, 2012, 09:13:42 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 12, 2012, 09:06:00 PM
Come on supporters! Sing goddammit!

I really hope that is tongue in cheek.
I'd hate to think anyone would rejoice in their country being embarrassed like this.

Doubt it. It's the done thing these days. English supporting Irish soccer fans turning their back on their national team (a country with the same population as Birmingham). I assumed he'd be watching a repeat of a Man Utd plc game or bidding on a pair of Ronaldo's nags on ebay rather than watching his country

Well you would assume wrong but that seems to be a trend with you. Keep it up.

I wasn't having a go Magpie but I didn't like your comment.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Capt Pat on October 12, 2012, 10:00:08 PM
I think the knives have been out for Trap before this game. He was misding the better half of this team in Keane, Dunne, St Ledger, Doyle, Mclean and Whelan. You have to put it in context.

He was missing at least 6 or 7 lads, which a) makes it even more surprising that he doesn't pick his best players and b) doesn't excuse that the lads he put out there just did not try.

From the Bunker

AZOffaly

So because they have 10 players 1.85 metres or more, with technique, they were that much better than us? Jaysus.

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

ONeill

So:

Did Trapp work a miracle qualifying Ireland for the Euros?

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

From the Bunker

Well we are into a sort of melt down situation. No credit will be given if we beat The Faroes. Dunne may call it a day. Not many footballers across the water will be searching for Irish Granny roots. What are the bets on players getting Phamtom injuries when we get together in March? The FAI cant afford to sack Trap. Trap won't go. Fans won't go to games leaving the FAI outta pocket. Even sponsors are probably finding it embarrassing to be associated with the team.

AZOffaly

John Delaney better buy a shit load of free drink for the fans.