Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Quote from: trileacman on October 12, 2012, 01:18:17 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 12, 2012, 12:49:16 PM
Quote from: trileacman on October 11, 2012, 06:10:41 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on October 11, 2012, 04:33:47 PM
Quote from: tommysmith on October 11, 2012, 03:02:27 PM
Slightly better but no long

QuoteStarting XI v Germany - Westwood, Coleman, O'Shea, O'Dea, Ward, McCarthy, Andrews, Fahey, McGeady, Walters, Cox

Well at least it's getting a bit better by accident. All we need know is for cox and ward to get injured then you might be lucky and get Long and Wilson in. That would be pretty close to our best team although I would still have Ciaran Clarke in at centre back ahead of O'Dea!

Coleman and Clark have been poor anytime i've seen them play recently. To be fair that's maybe the best Trap can do with the options we have today.

Next man who slates Trap's selection should put up his own 11 to we see what untold brilliance we are missing out on.

Ara cop yourself on. Do you seriously think all the players that are missing would be unavailable if the manager was semi sane?

Like Stan? Like Kerr? Like McCarthy? Who was the last Irish manager you thought done a good job? Trap is one the most decorated managers in European football, he brought us to our first European championship in 20 years, our first championships in over 10 years and all with a squad many people would agree is the weakest Irish selection since the mid-eighties. But sure f**k all that, he's a "semi-sane" bollix who's f**king us up.

I have to laugh at some of the comments here. Leaving Doyle out is poor management?? He's been disastrous for club and country going on two years. Before the Kazakhstan match, when was the last time he scored? When was his last good game? He was a disaster at the Euro's and people were rightly calling for him to make way, Trap didn't and he was declared a bollix who knows nothing about football by a crowd of keyboard warriors, journeymen and hacks. So now he drops him for the next match and suddenly he's wrong again for leaving such an Irish goal-scoring machine out of the side. FFS.

Name these "players that are missing who would be available if the manager was semi sane". Or are you just gonna answer with another question. Kelly should be in the side and probably someone other than O'Dea, that aside we have no wonder horse that would drastically change the side. The Irish midfield is so weak that we have to play 5 across and one up front, a role more suited to Walters than Long.

So nobody can have an opinion on Trappatoni but you ? Ireland haven't had a big name manager  since Jack Charlton. Charlton wasn't even a big name in the international management game like Trap, I was too young to remember that era. The past few managers, McCarthy , kerr, were not big international names in football management. Kerr had a good record underage.

Why would we not expect more from a manager with Trappatoni's record. He has managed Italy, big name clubs ect, Do you think relying on dvds in Italy is good management? Do you think saying he will call up Damian Duff a week after he retired is good management, or saying Shay Given was staying on and the next day he retires? Bringing Kevin Foley to a training camp in Italy before the euro's and then telling him he won't be going, Paul McShane would...

If Doyle deserved to be dropped against Kazackhstan, do you think Robbie Keane starting was justfied or Shane Long sitting on the bench

upmonaghansayswe

63 min.. Faroe Islands 1 Sweden 0

Edit 1 1

trileacman

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 12, 2012, 05:31:53 PM

QuoteStarting XI v Germany - Westwood, Coleman, O'Shea, O'Dea, Ward, McCarthy, Andrews, Fahey, McGeady, Walters, Cox

Well at least it's getting a bit better by accident. All we need know is for cox and ward to get injured then you might be lucky and get Long and Wilson in. That would be pretty close to our best team although I would still have Ciaran Clarke in at centre back ahead of O'Dea!

Coleman and Clark have been poor anytime i've seen them play recently. To be fair that's maybe the best Trap can do with the options we have today.

Next man who slates Trap's selection should put up his own 11 to we see what untold brilliance we are missing out on.

Ara cop yourself on. Do you seriously think all the players that are missing would be unavailable if the manager was semi sane?

Like Stan? Like Kerr? Like McCarthy? Who was the last Irish manager you thought done a good job? Trap is one the most decorated managers in European football, he brought us to our first European championship in 20 years, our first championships in over 10 years and all with a squad many people would agree is the weakest Irish selection since the mid-eighties. But sure f**k all that, he's a "semi-sane" bollix who's f**king us up.

I have to laugh at some of the comments here. Leaving Doyle out is poor management?? He's been disastrous for club and country going on two years. Before the Kazakhstan match, when was the last time he scored? When was his last good game? He was a disaster at the Euro's and people were rightly calling for him to make way, Trap didn't and he was declared a bollix who knows nothing about football by a crowd of keyboard warriors, journeymen and hacks. So now he drops him for the next match and suddenly he's wrong again for leaving such an Irish goal-scoring machine out of the side. FFS.

Name these "players that are missing who would be available if the manager was semi sane". Or are you just gonna answer with another question. Kelly should be in the side and probably someone other than O'Dea, that aside we have no wonder horse that would drastically change the side. The Irish midfield is so weak that we have to play 5 across and one up front, a role more suited to Walters than Long.

So nobody can have an opinion on Trappatoni but you ? Ireland haven't had a big name manager  since Jack Charlton. Charlton wasn't even a big name in the international management game like Trap, I was too young to remember that era. The past few managers, McCarthy , kerr, were not big international names in football management. Kerr had a good record underage.

Why would we not expect more from a manager with Trappatoni's record. He has managed Italy, big name clubs ect, Do you think relying on dvds in Italy is good management? Do you think saying he will call up Damian Duff a week after he retired is good management, or saying Shay Given was staying on and the next day he retires? Bringing Kevin Foley to a training camp in Italy before the euro's and then telling him he won't be going, Paul McShane would...

If Doyle deserved to be dropped against Kazackhstan, do you think Robbie Keane starting was justfied or Shane Long sitting on the bench

"So nobody can have an opinion on Trappatoni but you."

Quote me where I said that then I'll reply to the rest of that shite.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

SHEEDY

sweden scrape 2-1 win in the faroe islands
nil satis nisi optimum

Captain Obvious

rodney trotter

Quote from: trileacman on October 12, 2012, 06:48:18 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on October 12, 2012, 05:31:53 PM

"So nobody can have an opinion on Trappatoni but you."

Quote me where I said that then I'll reply to the rest of that shite.

You didn't need to Quote it. 

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Capt Pat

Germany haven't started yet. If they get into second gear we might be in trouble.

Capt Pat

Germany are slowly taking over. Who do we have on the bench.

Capt Pat

Not a penalty for Germany diving. Now Reus scores. 1-0 to Germany.

Square Ball

Could be the first of a few the way Germany are playing
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

GalwayBayBoy

O'Shea dithers on the ball and hauls down Reus. Should have been a pen and Reus gets booked instead.

And then Reus scores 2 minutes later.

Captain Obvious

All too easy for the Germans. That Irish fan thinks someone is number one?

Capt Pat

This is pretty much the Ireland B team I know two are retired but Given, Dunne, St Ledger, Duff, McLean, Keane, Doyle and Whelan would all be starters if they were fit. We never had a chance in this game, unless Trap can conjure something up at half time.