FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Quote from: trileacman on October 11, 2012, 06:10:41 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on October 11, 2012, 04:33:47 PM
Quote from: tommysmith on October 11, 2012, 03:02:27 PM
Slightly better but no long

QuoteStarting XI v Germany - Westwood, Coleman, O'Shea, O'Dea, Ward, McCarthy, Andrews, Fahey, McGeady, Walters, Cox

Well at least it's getting a bit better by accident. All we need know is for cox and ward to get injured then you might be lucky and get Long and Wilson in. That would be pretty close to our best team although I would still have Ciaran Clarke in at centre back ahead of O'Dea!

Coleman and Clark have been poor anytime i've seen them play recently. To be fair that's maybe the best Trap can do with the options we have today.

Next man who slates Trap's selection should put up his own 11 to we see what untold brilliance we are missing out on.

Well there was lots of options for Trap during the euro's but he wouldn't even use them Gibson,Mcglean. We are not missing out on a Messi or Ronaldo but the selection of players in the past has been strange to say the least. We are limited enough as it is, not starting Doyle in the last match, he then came on and changed the game. Shouldn't have even came to that situation

Basically select and start the strongest availlable team, the Germany match is a bit different as half the regular team are out injured.

AFS

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 11, 2012, 07:38:26 PM

QuoteStarting XI v Germany - Westwood, Coleman, O'Shea, O'Dea, Ward, McCarthy, Andrews, Fahey, McGeady, Walters, Cox

Well at least it's getting a bit better by accident. All we need know is for cox and ward to get injured then you might be lucky and get Long and Wilson in. That would be pretty close to our best team although I would still have Ciaran Clarke in at centre back ahead of O'Dea!

Coleman and Clark have been poor anytime i've seen them play recently. To be fair that's maybe the best Trap can do with the options we have today.

Next man who slates Trap's selection should put up his own 11 to we see what untold brilliance we are missing out on.

Well there was lots of options for Trap during the euro's but he wouldn't even use them Gibson,Mcglean. We are not missing out on a Messi or Ronaldo but the selection of players in the past has been strange to say the least. We are limited enough as it is, not starting Doyle in the last match, he then came on and changed the game. Shouldn't have even came to that situation

Basically select and start the strongest availlable team, the Germany match is a bit different as half the regular team are out injured.

Doyle had been horrible for club and country for a long time prior to that cameo appearence (and he's still horrible for his club, with only 1 goal in 10 games in the shitty Championship). There have definitely been a few dodgy selections recently, but dropping Doyle wasn't one of them.

Crete Boom

In fairness Coleman has been quality since getting in the Toffees team so I think you're being a bit harsh although I am an Everton fan so I would be taking more of an interest in his games this season. I haven't seen much of Clark being honaest but the only game I saw him in was their win against Swansea where he was impressive but apart from that I can't comment. I would say though he is playing week in week out for Villa which would be a higher standard than playing for Toronto like O' Dea! Plus with O'Shea and O'Dea there is a serious lack of pace in the heart of our defence.
In my 11 with the squad Trap picked this time I'd have :
                         Westwood 
         Coleman, O'Shea, Wilson , Kelly
                   Andrews  , McCarthy
         McGeady ,      Fahey ,         McClean
                               Long.

rodney trotter

Clarke has been playing well recently

O Dea has played ten games with Toronto and lost all 10.. Shipping in a lot. His confidence is hardly sky high

SHEEDY

have seen alot of coleman this season for everton. he has been impressive as an attacking full back but he does tend to get caught out of position defensively a few times.

cant believe long isnt starting.
nil satis nisi optimum

magpie seanie

Ara cop yourself on. Do you seriously think all the players that are missing would be unavailable if the manager was semi sane?

camanchero

think thats not a bad side ...I suspect Long will be introduced when legs get a bit tired and he canuse his pace to better effect.
However, will we be able to create from midfield- well with McCarthy, McGeady and cox there I'd hope so. coleman too is an improvement at centre half.
For me I'd only like to see Dunne in there alongside O'Shea and McLean on the wing instead of Cox.
That team imo is better than most selected the past number of matches- inc the euro championships.
Only problem is their lack of game time together and cohesion.
Has youth, pace, passing ability, shooting ability and some aeriel threat from set pieces.
If he plays as he has done recently, Ireland should go at metersacker - especially the faster trickier lads.

trileacman

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 12, 2012, 12:49:16 PM

Ara cop yourself on. Do you seriously think all the players that are missing would be unavailable if the manager was semi sane?

Like Stan? Like Kerr? Like McCarthy? Who was the last Irish manager you thought done a good job? Trap is one the most decorated managers in European football, he brought us to our first European championship in 20 years, our first championships in over 10 years and all with a squad many people would agree is the weakest Irish selection since the mid-eighties. But sure f**k all that, he's a "semi-sane" bollix who's f**king us up.

I have to laugh at some of the comments here. Leaving Doyle out is poor management?? He's been disastrous for club and country going on two years. Before the Kazakhstan match, when was the last time he scored? When was his last good game? He was a disaster at the Euro's and people were rightly calling for him to make way, Trap didn't and he was declared a bollix who knows nothing about football by a crowd of keyboard warriors, journeymen and hacks. So now he drops him for the next match and suddenly he's wrong again for leaving such an Irish goal-scoring machine out of the side. FFS.

Name these "players that are missing who would be available if the manager was semi sane". Or are you just gonna answer with another question. Kelly should be in the side and probably someone other than O'Dea, that aside we have no wonder horse that would drastically change the side. The Irish midfield is so weak that we have to play 5 across and one up front, a role more suited to Walters than Long.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

J OGorman

Quote from: trileacman on October 12, 2012, 01:18:17 PM

Like Stan? Like Kerr? Like McCarthy? Who was the last Irish manager you thought done a good job? Trap is one the most decorated managers in European football, he brought us to our first European championship in 20 years, our first championships in over 10 years and all with a squad many people would agree is the weakest Irish selection since the mid-eighties. But sure f**k all that, he's a "semi-sane" bollix who's f**king us up.

I have to laugh at some of the comments here. Leaving Doyle out is poor management?? He's been disastrous for club and country going on two years. Before the Kazakhstan match, when was the last time he scored? When was his last good game? He was a disaster at the Euro's and people were rightly calling for him to make way, Trap didn't and he was declared a bollix who knows nothing about football by a crowd of keyboard warriors, journeymen and hacks. So now he drops him for the next match and suddenly he's wrong again for leaving such an Irish goal-scoring machine out of the side. FFS.

Name these "players that are missing who would be available if the manager was semi sane". Or are you just gonna answer with another question. Kelly should be in the side and probably someone other than O'Dea, that aside we have no wonder horse that would drastically change the side. The Irish midfield is so weak that we have to play 5 across and one up front, a role more suited to Walters than Long.

lets hear it magpie..

Seems there is a correlation on here between Man Utd wind-bags and Ireland / Trap bashers. This isnt multi-billion dollar plc soccer. This is international football, your country ffs

I can see us getting a draw out of this. In an ideal world Long would be starting, but due to the shoring up of the midfield blockade, he has to make way for Walters, who has the physicality to lead the line solo, hold the ball and wait for support

CMTF you boys in green

maldini

I'd say McClean would still be with the squad if Trap hadnt announced after the last friendly that he wouldnt be playing against Germany. Silly thing to do in my opinion, wouldnt think theres much wrong with him

Crete Boom

Quote from: trileacman on October 12, 2012, 01:18:17 PM

Long does a pretty good job leading the line for WBA at the moment and Reading before that. While Walters is well able to lead the line as well he is playing a wide right role ( quite well too) for Stoke at the moment with Crouch their man up front. While our midfield are no world beaters I think as you pointed out a compact three across the middle out of anyone from Whelan/Andrews/McCarthy/Fahey would be competitive if lacking any killer creativity and that's why I give Long the nod over Walters as he has real pace to trouble a defence in behind and thus carries a bigger scoring threat than Walters in this system with the midfielders at Trap's disposal!

magpie seanie

Declan

QuoteGood luck with the singing tonight lads.

Cheers Seanie ;) Looking forward to seeing Ozil, Goetze, Scwheinsteiger play.

0-0 here were go

J OGorman

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 12, 2012, 02:49:44 PM
Good luck with the singing tonight lads.

you not for answering the question above lad? Would love to hear your thoughts

Crete Boom

Quote from: Declan on October 12, 2012, 03:13:48 PM
QuoteGood luck with the singing tonight lads.

Cheers Seanie ;) Looking forward to seeing Ozil, Goetze, Scwheinsteiger play.

0-0 here were go

Any draw 0-0 or score draw would be a huge result! Here's hoping.