FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Was just about to post same re Wales and England.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Northern Ireland 1
Luxembourg 1

Hard luck lads. :D
Tony Baloney won't be a happy man tonight.

Captain Obvious

Michael O'Neill should have stayed with Shamrock Rovers.

AZOffaly

That Danny Welbeck dive was outrageous. And the dick of a commentator on ITV was roaring 'It has to be'. Then they showed the replay. At least he had the decency to sound embarrassed, but neither he nor Andy Townsend could make themselves say he dived. I'd say if it was a Ukrainian that dived they'd have to be dug out of the ref.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 11, 2012, 09:59:36 PM
That Danny Welbeck dive was outrageous. And the dick of a commentator on ITV was roaring 'It has to be'. Then they showed the replay. At least he had the decency to sound embarrassed, but neither he nor Andy Townsend could make themselves say he dived. I'd say if it was a Ukrainian that dived they'd have to be dug out of the ref.
Should have been a booking for welbeck.shocking dive
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

GalwayBayBoy

Norn Iron, Scotland, Wales and England almost managing to make Trap's Ireland team look like world beaters.

laoislad

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 11, 2012, 10:03:29 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 11, 2012, 09:59:36 PM
Should have been a booking for welbeck.shocking dive

Young and Rooney teaching him well at OT

Leo

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 11, 2012, 04:52:31 PM
It is in Antrim but I suppose a lot of people might consider him to be from the nearest main town which is Lurgan in Armagh. I looked this up.

I am really looking forward to seeing what Brady can do at this level. Hopefully he does well enough to get considered for competitive fixtures.

When I saw that under 21 result in the paper I thought Italy had won only after looking a few hours later did I see we beat the Italy under 21s away from home???

Quote from: AQMP on September 11, 2012, 01:09:38 PM
Quote from: spuds on September 11, 2012, 11:53:48 AM
Team tonight
D. Forde Galway
S. Coleman Donegal
S. Kelly Dublin
P. McShane Wicklow
M. Wilson Armagh
R. Brady Dublin
J. McCarthy Scotland
D. Meyler Cork
A. Keogh Dublin
S. Long Tipperary
K. Doyle Wexford

All corners of the country represented.

Is Marc Wilson not from Aghagallon in the glorious one true county of Antrim??

Aghagallon had a Gaelic football team that played for a short while in the Down leagues in early 60's, according to my Armagh "friend".
Fierce tame altogether

Main Street

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 11, 2012, 09:17:12 PM
After all the belly aching about how we couldn't beat Khazakistan by at least 3 or 4. It turns out they are quite a decent team.
It's not the issue that we didn't beat them by 3 or 4, it's that the 6th seeded team gave us a football lesson or at least they tried to play football whereas we aimlessly hoofed it for 90 minutes and in the end were extremely fortunate with 2 goals from 2 chances, while the carving on the gravestone of our WC qualification prospects was all but written after 90 minutes football.

EC Unique

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 11, 2012, 10:07:00 PM
Norn Iron, Scotland, Wales and England almost managing to make Trap's Ireland team look like world beaters.
Let's not get carried away now!

AZOffaly

Quote from: laoislad on September 11, 2012, 10:05:52 PM
What was Stevie G sent off for?

Sent off for crass stupidity. Didn't see the first booking, was watching Ireland, but his second was a silly, clumsy lunge through the back of a lad after a poor touch. Knew it himself straight away.

Denn Forever

1st yellow got when he was in an aerial challenge and he came down on the Ukrainian player with his elbow which hit his apponent in the jaw/side of head.  Bit harsh.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Minder

Quote from: Denn Forever on September 11, 2012, 10:34:28 PM
1st yellow got when he was in an aerial challenge and he came down on the Ukrainian player with his elbow which hit his apponent in the jaw/side of head.  Bit harsh.

I saw a few English journos on Twitter saying he should have been sent off for his elbow that he was booked for.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Denn Forever

Anyone care to report on the Rep of Ireland game?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...