FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

Geoff Tipps

Republic of Ireland squad to face the Czech Republic in an international friendly at the Aviva Stadium, Wednesday 29 February:

Goalkeepers: Shay Given (Aston Villa), Keiren Westwood (Sunderland), David Forde (Millwall).

Defenders: John O'Shea (Sunderland), Stephen Kelly (Fulham), Stephen Ward (Wolves), Richard Dunne (Aston Villa), Sean St Ledger (Leicester City), Darren O'Dea (Leeds United).

Midfielders: Kevin Foley (Wolves), Glenn Whelan (Stoke City), James McCarthy (Wigan Athletic), Seamus Coleman (Everton), Keith Andrews (West Brom), Keith Fahey (Birmingham City), Darron Gibson (Everton), Damien Duff (Fulham), Aiden McGeady (Spartak Moscow), Stephen Hunt (Wolves).

Forwards: Robbie Keane (Aston Villa), Kevin Doyle (Wolves), Shane Long (West Brom), Simon Cox (West Brom), Jon Walters (Stoke City).

Capt Pat

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on February 10, 2012, 11:59:25 AM
Republic of Ireland squad to face the Czech Republic in an international friendly at the Aviva Stadium, Wednesday 29 February:

Goalkeepers: Shay Given (Aston Villa), Keiren Westwood (Sunderland), David Forde (Millwall).

Defenders: John O'Shea (Sunderland), Stephen Kelly (Fulham), Stephen Ward (Wolves), Richard Dunne (Aston Villa), Sean St Ledger (Leicester City), Darren O'Dea (Leeds United).

Midfielders: Kevin Foley (Wolves), Glenn Whelan (Stoke City), James McCarthy (Wigan Athletic), Seamus Coleman (Everton), Keith Andrews (West Brom), Keith Fahey (Birmingham City), Darron Gibson (Everton), Damien Duff (Fulham), Aiden McGeady (Spartak Moscow), Stephen Hunt (Wolves).

Forwards: Robbie Keane (Aston Villa), Kevin Doyle (Wolves), Shane Long (West Brom), Simon Cox (West Brom), Jon Walters (Stoke City).

I would take out Kevin Foley and Cox and you would have the final 22?

Players registered for the final tournament
17.04 A list of 23 players must be in possession of the UEFA administration at least 10
full days before the opening match in the final tournament. Three of these 23
players must be goalkeepers.

On second thoughts, leave FOley in. I think he is there as defensive cover as well. We only have six in that squad.

So it looks like that is the squad for the Euros barring injury or spats with the manager, there is no real way in for the others.

Benny Sweeney

OMG!!! why was mcclean not in the panel WTF!

Main Street

Quote from: Capt Pat on February 10, 2012, 12:01:09 PM

17.04 A list of 23 players must be in possession of the UEFA administration at least 10

On second thoughts, leave FOley in. I think he is there as defensive cover as well. We only have six in that squad.

So it looks like that is the squad for the Euros barring injury or spats with the manager, there is no real way in for the others.

That's about it, it looks like we are going for a Euro squad of 5 forwards, 8 midfielders and 7 backs.
Foley could well make it there but it would be as cover for RB.

Coleman is named at the 9th midfielder in this squad but is injured. 
Tough on him to miss this game, considering his place in the Euro squad is still in the air.

ballinaman

Quote from: Benny Sweeney on February 10, 2012, 12:19:08 PM
I heard that McClean doesn't have the paperwork ready yet to be eligible to play, is that true?

Doogie Browser

Quote from: ballinaman on February 10, 2012, 01:26:13 PM
I heard that McClean doesn't have the paperwork ready yet to be eligible to play, is that true?
Was cleared yesterday.

ballinaman

Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 10, 2012, 01:27:24 PM
Was cleared yesterday.
FFS, no excuse so.

Benny Sweeney

In fact the FAI rang around to all the news agencies last niht to let them know that McClean was cleared!

Capt Pat

Quote from: Main Street on February 10, 2012, 01:23:18 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on February 10, 2012, 12:01:09 PM

That's about it, it looks like we are going for a Euro squad of 5 forwards, 8 midfielders and 7 backs.
Foley could well make it there but it would be as cover for RB.

Coleman is named at the 9th midfielder in this squad but is injured. 
Tough on him to miss this game, considering his place in the Euro squad is still in the air.

I hope McClean and Coleman make the squad, they are among the best players we have right now. Cox, Hunt etc are not thst important to the team.

Applesisapples

No Stokes, and Keane apart he has probably scored more goals this season than the other strikers combined, is it because his da is a (Re)-publican. ;) Gerry/Martin where are you?

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Applesisapples on February 10, 2012, 03:41:07 PM
No Stokes, and Keane apart he has probably scored more goals this season than the other strikers combined, is it because his da is a (Re)-publican. ;) Gerry/Martin where are you?
Stokes' attitude was stinking last time he was called up so fcuk him. 

Forever Green

FFS, ya think Trap could have at least gave some other players a chance in the friendlies. Not suprised about Stokes not getting called up, even though he is far more deserving of a place than the likes of Simon Cox, Walters or even Doyle, Trap never lets a grudge go. Andy Reid knows all about that. That squad is nowhere near the quality it could be

SHEEDY

stokes has a poor attitude and i wouldnt be that worried about him not being in the squad as long, keane, walters and doyle are better players than he is. disappointed mcclean isnt in, think hes worth a look at before the euros if he keeps this form going.
nil satis nisi optimum

Leo

Quote from: ballinaman on February 10, 2012, 01:28:15 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 10, 2012, 01:27:24 PM
Was cleared yesterday.
FFS, no excuse so.

Calm down - the lad has only played 9 games for Sunderland. He's made a big impact but we could be watching a re-run of the ridiculous Andy Reid campaign here.
Fierce tame altogether