FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo

Quote from: Applesisapples on January 09, 2012, 09:32:52 AM
Quote from: Orangemac on January 09, 2012, 12:35:49 AM
Any chance of young McClean making a late bid for the Euros squad?

Played well today on left hand side for Sunderland but with Duff,Hunt and McGeady all certain of their places, it may come too soon for him.
He looks a better bet than McGeady and is way better than Hunt.

Also a better bet than washed-out Duff.
Fierce tame altogether

Main Street

Leo, this is your final warning ;D

Yes it is true that Duff can't skin a player in the blink of an eye like he use to, but that was only a part of his game.

I've rarely seen him give the ball away or just lose possession. He is the best outfield player to receive the ball, he constantly makes himself available to receive the ball. His distribution is excellant. God knows how many free kicks he wins from the exasperated opposition. And he has still that lovely dink of a well placed cross into the box. His positioning and his covering play, is very good.
Next to Dunne, he's been our best player in the qualifying group games.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Main Street on January 10, 2012, 06:44:47 PM

Yes it is true that Duff can't skin a player in the blink of an eye like he use to, but that was only a part of his game.

I've rarely seen him give the ball away or just lose possession. He is the best outfield player to receive the ball, he constantly makes himself available to receive the ball. His distribution is excellant. God knows how many free kicks he wins from the exasperated opposition. And he has still that lovely dink of a well placed cross into the box. His positioning and his covering play, is very good.

And so say all of us! Duff is one of the main reasons we will have summer soccer for the national team!

Orangemac

+1.Duff is the best passer Ireland have. He may have lost his pace but he has the ability the way Ryan Giggs did to move into the middle of the field rather than the wing.

I know Trap is fiercely loyal but he has hinted at maybe 1 or 2 new faces coming in. I know if Stephen Reid was fit and had made up with Trap he would be a great addition to the squad, better than bringing McShane out of loyalty.

Leo

Quote from: Orangemac on January 10, 2012, 10:22:41 PM

+1.Duff is the best passer Ireland have. He may have lost his pace but he has the ability the way Ryan Giggs did to move into the middle of the field rather than the wing.

I know Trap is fiercely loyal but he has hinted at maybe 1 or 2 new faces coming in. I know if Stephen Reid was fit and had made up with Trap he would be a great addition to the squad, better than bringing McShane out of loyalty.

Look lads, I love Duff , always have, but he's a goner.
Good point about Stephen Reid - my understanding is that Trapp would have built his team around him but injuries blighted his career and while he is now back to his best in  anew role at WBA he has probably missed the boat.
Meanwhile Doyle is off the boil  big time, Robbie is touring the country looking for a club, Coleman & Walters are ignored and McGeady puffs and puffs but blows no houses down.
On the other hand Trapp has us punching well above weight with a very average squad indeed.
Fierce tame altogether

omagh_gael

How can you say Duff is a goner? He was easily in our top 3 players from the qualifying campaign. Yes he doesn't skin the opposition time after time but his game has changed, like Mc Geady's, and fits trap's system perfectly.

ludermor

I have to say i think Coleman is overhyped in Ireland, he had a few good games last year but i think he is very headless with the ball. He has missed half the season in an Everton team that has lost Arteta & Pinnear this year ( only a few games to injury )
Walters on the other hand is palying very good for Stoke and i can see him coming close to a starting position very soon.

Denn Forever

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 10, 2012, 05:03:29 PM
Quote from: Orangemac on January 09, 2012, 12:35:49 AM
Any chance of young McClean making a late bid for the Euros squad?

Played well today on left hand side for Sunderland but with Duff,Hunt and McGeady all certain of their places, it may come too soon for him.

Might be a bit too soon for him although he would probably be worth taking a flyer on as someone to throw on against tired teams with 20 minutes to go.
Duffer is coming towards the end though so McLean has a direct route into the squad after the Euros for definite.

I think this is Hunt's best position and can't see him being usurped for someone untried.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Main Street

The word is, Trap is going to cap McClean in the next friendly.

Hunt's game at the present time for Wolves, is out of sorts and literally all over the place. He has work to do to keep his place in the Irish squad. I'd say he responds better to having a clearly defined role on the pitch and someone on the sideline to prompt him on his positioning every 20 seconds.

beer baron

Anyone know when the FAI are letting everyone know if ticket applications were successful?The Email i got a few weeks back said it would be February but i'm hearing talk now it won't be until March  :(

Celt_Man

Quote from: beer baron on January 11, 2012, 03:01:44 PM
Anyone know when the FAI are letting everyone know if ticket applications were successful?The Email i got a few weeks back said it would be February but i'm hearing talk now it won't be until March  :(

Be some craic if ye couldn't get tickets!! I'll bid that!! :D :D :D
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

beer baron

Quote from: Celt_Man on January 11, 2012, 04:21:39 PM
Quote from: beer baron on January 11, 2012, 03:01:44 PM

Be some craic if ye couldn't get tickets!! I'll bid that!! :D :D :D

If it ends up we've no tickets i'll just have to give Trap a call and let him no i'm coming out of retirement  8)

muppet

Watching the Wolves v Brum FA Cup replay, Doyle worked hard but no threat while Hunt was just awful. Their right full back Matt Doherty (just 20) who came from Bohs looks useful though. Euros will be too soon for him though.
MWWSI 2017

ziggy90

Do you mean Doyle the striker or Doyle the goalie? He's just made one of the saves of the season. I don't know why he hasn't been given a longer run in the Blues side. Anyway another victory for the Championship over the Premiership. ;D SOTV.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

muppet

Quote from: ziggy90 on January 18, 2012, 09:58:22 PM
Do you mean Doyle the striker or Doyle the goalie? He's just made one of the saves of the season. I don't know why he hasn't been given a longer run in the Blues side. Anyway another victory for the championship over the premiership. ;D SOTV.

Colin Doyle made a good double save all right but isn't getting games. The other Doyle battles hard but nothing happening near the goal for him. Ward and Fahey (sub) played as well but were quiet.
MWWSI 2017