Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spuds

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 18, 2011, 02:26:08 PM
Quote from: Main Street on November 18, 2011, 02:22:55 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on November 18, 2011, 02:16:15 PM
Quote from: Main Street on November 18, 2011, 02:13:04 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on November 18, 2011, 01:20:42 PM
I heard him on Newstalk last night, he sounded like he hadn't a clue.
I heard him explain himself for this Dail request on RTE and he sounded clear enough with his reasons.

Maybe he sorted himself out. In general it sounded like he didn't want to say on Newstalk that he wanted the time off because he'd do feck all if the dail was sitting during the soccer.
I suspect that you misunderstood completely.
He has already stated that he is taking 2 weeks off, that he is attending the Euro Finals
He has given account of his attendance record at the Dail, which is excellent.
He said the Dail would be less productive during this time and would better off just admitting that and rearrange the summer dates would be a positive step.

I didn't misunderstand at all. I realised that was exactly what he was saying, although I didn't realise he was taking the holidays, but he point blank refused to say the Dail would be less productive during that time. It was obvious that's what he meant, but when the Newstalk guy said 'Are you telling me that ye can't make sure ye get the head down and be productive if the soccer is on, and the Dail is in session?' He said 'No, but the whole of Ireland will be less productive'. The guy said 'Are you saying the dail would be less productive?' he said 'No, but I'm proposing that we do this, because the whole of Ireland will be less productive'.

He was not clear enough. In the end he 'dropped off the line'.

Wallace is effectively a protest elected TD against the established parties. The irony is that he creamed it during the good years (nothing wrong with that) but is now fecked with debt/bankrupcy. He comes across as a decent sort that means well but is far from burdoned with attributes that will help get Wexford and this country back on it's feet. Was interviewed one night by Vincent Brown and admitted he knew damn all about economics. For him to try and alter the Dáil holidays to suit attending a sporting event says it all.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Maguire01

Quote from: Main Street on November 18, 2011, 12:23:18 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on November 18, 2011, 07:57:47 AM
Quote from: Main Street on November 18, 2011, 12:18:09 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on November 17, 2011, 10:00:18 PM
Mick Wallace trending on Twitter. Apparently he asked Gilmore, in the Dail, whether the Dail could take a two week holiday for the Euros. Good to see he has nothing more important to worry about.
You are an intelligent chap Maguire, surely you can state Wallace's request with a bit more accuracy?
You might have noticed my use of the word 'apparently'. And my reference to what was being said on Twitter.
If you left it at what was apparent, then no problem.
Instead you verified it in your post with an unqualified sarcastic comment.
The sarcastic comment still stands. He should have more important things to worry about. An independent gets little enough speaking time and if this is his contribution and priority...

Radda bout yeee

When is the draw?

Surely Seamus Coleman will make the squad for next summer?

Minder

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on November 19, 2011, 12:06:03 PM
When is the draw?

Surely Seamus Coleman will make the squad for next summer?

2nd December.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Orangemac

There have ben a lot of comparisons of the current squad with the 88 one and as a whole the quality today is not as good.

One area that does stand up is the forward line. Not including Cox who is a good worker, Ireland now have 4 good strikers in Keane,Doyle,Walters and Long. 3 of whom are playing regularly in the Prem league.

Remember the anguish in 1993 when Quinn got injured and any Irish player scoring goals was in with a chance of getting to USA 94 which ended up with Tommy Coyne playing up front on his own.

The midfield is not great but at least there is cover in Fahy,Hunt etc.

The one worry would be if Richard Dune got injured, irreplaceable.

ballinaman

Got my follow my tournament ticket locked down last night. Delighted. Guaranteed for every game.

ballinaman

Dream Draw: Poland, England, Greece

Spain, Germany and Portugal would be some craic.....

Capt Pat

Quote from: ballinaman on December 02, 2011, 10:56:41 AM
Dream Draw: Poland, England, Greece

Spain, Germany and Portugal would be some craic.....

so far so good we got Spain.

Capt Pat

Greece Poland and Czech republic in pool a. We have avoided Portugal from that pot.

Capt Pat

Croatia Spain  and Ireland. Now for the English.

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

brokencrossbar1

Capt Pat

Italy Croatia and Spain. We have a chance. Italy are no world beaters any more.