FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

Quote from: Declan on November 09, 2011, 07:16:07 AM
Lads we'll win hadily enough over the two legs -start booking the summer holidays ;)

Got the weetabix in this morning Declan?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

thejuice

when are these games on and which tele stations are showing it abroad?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

magpie seanie

Quote from: Declan on November 09, 2011, 07:16:07 AM
Lads we'll win hadily enough over the two legs -start booking the summer holidays ;)

I don't know Declan. We don't win any games handily, bar Andorra.

Clown

Quote from: Jonah on November 08, 2011, 09:23:08 PM
Stokes has probably found his level at Celtic, he didn't exactly set the world on fire at Sunderland.
I'm not sure he is good enough for international level.
I feel the same way about McGeady.

Probably among our top 3 players in the campaign so far

AFS - the genius that is McCarthy is a sub for this great Wigan team at the minute

muppet

Quote from: Clown on November 09, 2011, 10:07:09 AM
Stokes has probably found his level at Celtic, he didn't exactly set the world on fire at Sunderland.

AFS - the genius that is McCarthy is a sub for this great Wigan team at the minute

He is still 20 (turns 21 in a couple of days). Roy Keane had one senior cap at the same stage. Probably should write him off alright.
MWWSI 2017

BennyHarp

Quote from: muppet on November 09, 2011, 10:11:44 AM

He is still 20 (turns 21 in a couple of days). Roy Keane had one senior cap at the same stage. Probably should write him off alright.

I think when he said "at the minute" in his post he meant at the minute and wasn't suggesting that he should be written off indefinately.
That was never a square ball!!

Main Street

Quote from: muppet on November 09, 2011, 10:11:44 AM

McCarthy's doing fine considering his age. This season he is less prominent for Wigan for whatever reason. The lad clearly has talent and talent enough to develop into a midfielder for us, but not enough experience right now.

ludermor

This is from your good read.........
''Think about that, those from whom I have heard the error of Trap's ways so vehemently criticised. Twenty years before you were born he was winning major trophies. Again, just really, really, think about that. But your knowledge extends beyond such trivial representations of facts. Sure, statistics can prove anything, right? You have an innate understanding, cultivated through years of five a-side kickarounds down the park, pub teams, astro-turf tournaments and involvement in grassroots football on a hungover Saturday morning, trying not to be kicked up in the air by some mouth-breathing culchie taking a break from the GAA. Let's not forget your commitment to Champ Manager, Pro-Ev, Football365, tabloid sports sections and Match of the Day. Quite the CV.''

It doesnt get much better.

Declan

QuoteGot the weetabix in this morning Declan?

Yep - Early bird and all that- Feeling more confident the nearer the game gets

magpie seanie

Quote from: Clown on November 09, 2011, 11:13:05 AM
Good read for all the Trap knockers -

http://www.football365.com/f365-says/7299220/F365-Says

Are you serious about that or taking the piss? That's a really terribly bad piece, full of inaccuracies and contradictions and a few blatant lies. Peadar Clancy must have won a lot in the game himself to be able to speak with such authority.

Main Street

Quote from: ludermor on November 09, 2011, 11:36:29 AM
It doesnt get much better.

I think it's a good read, not a perfect read.

I listened to the Newstalk (3 snide musketeers) yesterday evening, go on about the
"But he can't even speak English" aspect yesterday evening as they tried  to equate it with him not communicating with the players, using some made up example of a lack of communication with a player to support the point.
Hysterically tabloid nonsense.
What matters in this (communication) respect is Trap's communication with the players. I don't care about a particular sarcy reporter's comprehension difficulty at a press conference.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Declan on November 09, 2011, 11:43:16 AM
QuoteGot the weetabix in this morning Declan?

Yep - Early bird and all that- Feeling more confident the nearer the game gets

I don't think we'll win well, but I think we'll win.

Tuesday in the Aviva should be a great occasion - tickets like hens teeth already I believe. 

Declan

QuoteTuesday in the Aviva should be a great occasion - tickets like hens teeth already I believe.

I'm doing a Fearon on it - Premium !!!

Billys Boots

Quote from: Declan on November 09, 2011, 12:58:59 PM
QuoteTuesday in the Aviva should be a great occasion - tickets like hens teeth already I believe.

I'm doing a Fearon on it - Premium !!!

I'd be fairly confident in predicting that you haven't earned those tickets by the sweat of your furrowed brow by guseeing the number of sweets in a jar; not like The Great One!