FAI...June 2024 Friendlies v Hungary and Portugal

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on November 17, 2015, 11:40:07 AM
Quote from: general_lee on November 17, 2015, 11:18:59 AM
There's a young fella at Aston Villa seems to be a handy enough player, wonder would he be worth a look at?

Well hopefully the 60 million man ( :o) is currently sacking his dopey agent as he will have a long holiday next summer as Hodgson has about 5 other talented young lads ahead of him.
On a serious note I dont see anyone breaking through. O'Neil seems to have finally found a favoured team and tactics so expect little change. Plenty of long balls up to Murphy, Walters and Long which means Keane will likely stay benched. I still think he only needs McCarthy or Whelan not both. Would like Arter to get a proper try now that he is fit.
And Eunan O'Kane also.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

deiseach

Another thing that should be considered in the numbers going to the European Championship are the numbers going to the World Cup. In 1990 there were 13 places for 32 competitors. In 2018, there will be 13 places for 52 competitors.

Will the expanded Euro finals be a success? Probably not. There are going to be some right beatings handed out (see: Ireland, Republic in 2012). But they have made the qualifiers more interesting, with more countries involved right up to the end. You pays your money etc

illdecide

Surely we have some young lads around 17-19 year old playing at some of the Premiership clubs that could make the break thru?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

deiseach

Quote from: illdecide on November 17, 2015, 12:25:54 PM
Surely we have some young lads around 17-19 year old playing at some of the Premiership clubs that could make the break thru?

Er...

An Watcher

Not quite in the young category as they are both 27 but Alan Judge and Adam Rooney are banging in the goals with Brentford and Aberdeen.  Maybe Kevin Doyle could play himself into contention but it could be difficult playing in America.  Would like to see McGeady get more game time at Everton as well

Shamrock Shore

QuoteWould like to see McGeady get more game time at Everton as well

Not so sure die-hard Everton fans would agree.

illdecide

Quote from: deiseach on November 17, 2015, 12:29:32 PM

Er...

U know what i mean, playing with Reserves or youth teams who possibly can make the break thru
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

An Watcher

I don't care if they make the break thru at 16/17 or 26/27 or 36/37 for that matter
If they do the business on the pitch who cares

Walter Cronc

Sorry if it has been mentioned lads (bandwagoner) but has the ticket draw been made yet?

I.e registering and selecting which tickets you want. If not I'd appreciate a link. Cheers!

Maroon Manc

Look at the u19 sqaud, there's not too many of them playing for premiership clubs and none of them at top clubs.

United, Arsenal & Liverpool always had several young Irish players on their books, not too many these days unfortunately. Qualification for future tournaments will become unlikely given the lack of talent coming through.

laoislad

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 17, 2015, 02:08:40 PM
Sorry if it has been mentioned lads (bandwagoner) but has the ticket draw been made yet?

I.e registering and selecting which tickets you want. If not I'd appreciate a link. Cheers!
I entered the ballot months back but probably won't hear anything until after the draw is made I would guess.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Walter Cronc

GJL

Ideal Draw (England, Croatia, Sweden, IRELAND)
Nightmare draw (Spain, Italy, Czech Republic, IRELAND)

deiseach

Pleeeeeeaze let us get England! 14 years of no sporting tension in the home? It's not right.

foxcommander

You'd be looking at trying to convert a few more Jack Charlton style if there's not many coming through the ranks. I wonder why this lad went back to england.

http://www.balls.ie/football/dan-crowley-is-set-to-switch-his-allegiance-to-ireland/308440

I really hope Grealish doesn't make the england squad for 2016.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie