Player surrounded. How do you get out of that?

Started by Denn Forever, August 18, 2008, 11:38:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyssam5

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 18, 2008, 09:13:27 PM
QuoteI honestly don't remember that goal.

Yeah, you're probably one of these lads who think football was invented in 2002. You're as bad as the Armagh lads. Between ye, the historical chips on ye're shoulders when it comes to Kerry are unreal.

Wait I remember it now, was it the superman dive one? 22 years is a long time. Your namesake got one too right (the footballer that is not the WUM?)

Gaffer

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 18, 2008, 09:18:35 PM
Quote..i hope that the weather is nice in your world...it is raining where i am...however i am sure that where you are it is not rain, but just nourishment for the little plants.

Look, I know you had a good win on Sunday but lay off the drugs. Just stick with the celebratory pints.

Must be you on the old dope, Mike. The match was on SATURDAY!!!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Bulwinkle

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 18, 2008, 09:18:35 PM
Quote..i hope that the weather is nice in your world...it is raining where i am...however i am sure that where you are it is not rain, but just nourishment for the little plants.

Look, I know you had a good win on Sunday but lay off the drugs. Just stick with the celebratory pints.

WTF..what win?.  My team did not play over the weekend.

Gaffer

He s on the dope Bulwinkle!! His mind's all over the place. Just read his posts!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Minus15

To me surrounding a player who dallies and catching him in posession is also a skill of the modern game and it takes discipline to perfect. As a defender I admire these qualities in the Tyrone team. They are a team who defend and attack together and to achieve this skill at any time can be just as inspirational as a high catch, a good score or a brave block in my opinion. It is a credit to gaelic football that the likes of Micky Harte can develop ways of nullifying their opponents. To me it simply adds to the spectacle as it did on saturday in what was a highly entertaining match!

ONeill

I hope the Kerry faithful are not a mirror image of yer eejit Sheehy on here. If so, they're seriously in panic mode. No need to be, we mightn't get by the Model.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Frank Casey

Quote from: ONeill on August 18, 2008, 10:49:07 PM
I hope the Kerry faithful are not a mirror image of yer eejit Sheehy on here. If so, they're seriously in panic mode. No need to be, we mightn't get by the Model.

And we've a load of injuries ;)
KERRY 3:7

Bulwinkle

Quote from: ONeill on August 18, 2008, 10:49:07 PM

Which reminds me..Mike, kust in cse you have forgotten where it is since you were there last September, here is a map to Croke Park:-

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=croke+park&sll=53.376775,-6.2677&sspn=0.17081,0.42572&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=15

Jones Road was a bit flooded last weekend, so if there is rain again bring your wellies.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteI hope the Kerry faithful are not a mirror image of yer eejit Sheehy on here. If so, they're seriously in panic mode. No need to be, we mightn't get by the Model.

I hope the Tyrone faithful are not a mirror image of yer eejit O'Neill. If so they're seriously in baldy bollix mode.

cadhlancian

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 18, 2008, 08:11:32 PM
QuoteYou're completely missing the point. It's not that players cannot field the ball any more. It's that the game has moved on in terms of athleticism, fitness and tactics that players don't now sit, qawk and admire a clean field by an opposing player. You now need to use quickness of thought and off-load or else it'll be a turn-over. It took Tyrone to teach Kerry that lesson in 2003. They did learn it and it's simply down to Mickey Harte and Tyrone that Kerry have now managed to bring their game up to the notch required in the modern era. Their hammerings in 2001, 2002 and 2003 happened no more. You should be thankful.

Tyrone never have, and never will, teach Kerry anything about Gaelic football. They simply demonstrate the lengths negative footballing counties will go to to stop us playing. They get lucky every now and then as we adapt,  Down in the 60's and Armagh and Tyrone in the modern era being a case in point.

We all know how much these sides resent not getting the "credit" they feel they deserve but if you will never get that respect as long as you continue to destroy our once beautiful game.
FFS, go and get laid or something, man you talk some muck >:(

Abble

Quote from: Minus15 on August 18, 2008, 10:10:14 PM
To me surrounding a player who dallies and catching him in posession is also a skill of the modern game and it takes discipline to perfect. As a defender I admire these qualities in the Tyrone team. They are a team who defend and attack together and to achieve this skill at any time can be just as inspirational as a high catch, a good score or a brave block in my opinion. It is a credit to gaelic football that the likes of Micky Harte can develop ways of nullifying their opponents. To me it simply adds to the spectacle as it did on saturday in what was a highly entertaining match!

you have to be joking !

does all this stuff in our game of 3 or 4 men surrounding a player not look a bit girlie to be honest, something like a schoolyard game or something !?

i dont think this can continue for much longer and a rule has to be brought in to prevent it. MOST IMPORTANTLY and to start the ball rolling (and I've been saying this for a longtime now) that the midfielder especially needs some kind of protection on a kickout -ie...if a clean catch is made then then 1 player ONLY should be allowed to make a challenge after he fields it......if it continues where a midfielder does make a spectacular catch and suddenly he is surrounded to be quickly followed up by a free against him then our game is suffering bigtime. I wont be paying though the gates to watch this sh1te.

is 2 players tackling any man not plenty ?! once a third man comes in blow them up to fcuk and give the man in possession some advantage !!

Zapatista

Quote from: Abble on August 19, 2008, 08:25:14 AM

you have to be joking !

does all this stuff in our game of 3 or 4 men surrounding a player not look a bit girlie to be honest, something like a schoolyard game or something !?

i dont think this can continue for much longer and a rule has to be brought in to prevent it. MOST IMPORTANTLY and to start the ball rolling (and I've been saying this for a longtime now) that the midfielder especially needs some kind of protection on a kickout -ie...if a clean catch is made then then 1 player ONLY should be allowed to make a challenge after he fields it......if it continues where a midfielder does make a spectacular catch and suddenly he is surrounded to be quickly followed up by a free against him then our game is suffering bigtime. I wont be paying though the gates to watch this sh1te.

is 2 players tackling any man not plenty ?! once a third man comes in blow them up to fcuk and give the man in possession some advantage !!

That is a rediculous sugestion.

feetofflames

some real thickos on here.  Jeez Kerry men looking to change the rules again every decade they get squeezed out they look for rule changes.  If I weas the real Mike Sheehy Id be looking for that cub to give him a trimming.  The old boy must be cringing at him. 
The rules dont need changing, but I can see the fear in the kerrymen already. 
Chief Wiggum

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: feetofflames on August 19, 2008, 11:11:55 AM
some real thickos on here.  Jeez Kerry men looking to change the rules again every decade they get squeezed out they look for rule changes.  If I weas the real Mike Sheehy Id be looking for that cub to give him a trimming.  The old boy must be cringing at him. 
The rules dont need changing, but I can see the fear in the kerrymen already. 
They are even worse losers than Down supporters, and that's really saying something!
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Maiden1

Quote from: Abble on August 19, 2008, 08:25:14 AM
Quote from: Minus15 on August 18, 2008, 10:10:14 PM

you have to be joking !

If there are 2 men tackling 1 man then that means there is another man free somewhere, give the ball to the free man.  End of problem.  If you try to take too much out of the ball and get bottled up tough, you should have passed it earlier.  Meath used to be experts and bottling a player up in the 90's as well when a player hesitated on the ball.  Tyrone where exceptional yesterday scoring 3-14, with some exceptional scores, you can't score 3-14 if you are defending all the time.
There are no proofs, only opinions.