Ulster Final 2008 - Armagh vs Fermanagh

Started by wanderer, June 29, 2008, 11:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miss_anon

when do they go on sale? or how do i get some?

T Fearon

Fermgael, you obviously haven't been on this Board for too long. Ask O'Neill who won the BBC predictions comp way back in 2004 with NFL Final Tickets and overnight in the Berkeley Court.

It is Fermanagh who run out of steam in the latter stages not me ;)

PS Anyone else, like me, on this Board,able to claim that they have attended both Armagh Fermanagh Ulster Finals, in 1982 and 2008?

Onion Bag

Quote from: holylandsniper on July 21, 2008, 02:07:53 PM
Possible team for next week

McKinney
Mallon Bellew Moriarty
Donaghy/A Kernan A O Rourke C McKeever
P McGrane Toner
Mallon P McKeever M ORourke
McDonnell Clarke S Kernan/T Kernan

People who should be close to loosing out from yesterday - Hearty, A Kernan, C Vernon, B Mallon S Kernan

Cant understand for the life of me how P McDonnell came to put on Oisin.. 1. He aint match fit. 2 He isn't up to playing 30 minutes championship football 3. There are better players to bring on than him. 4. Wrong time to make token substitutions in a Ulster Final in the past i thought otherwise but yesterday we lost the battle of the managers/tacticians as well as other battles on the field.

Am i the only one that thought B Mallon wasnt 2 bad, he set up both goals, tracked back and at least made an effort,

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

bennydorano

Heading to Wexford, would you get analogue BBCni there?  Is BBCni on the Sky platform down south?

AZOffaly

Yeah. We even have the electric and all.

balladmaker

QuoteI thought some Armagh players treated Fermanagh with little or no respect and it nearly came back to haunt them.

I thought, in the second half, they treated Fermanagh with too much respect!

Onion Bag

Thats exactly what i was going to say Balladmaker, stood back and watched walk round us in the 2nd half and win every breaking ball

T Fearon

The pressure on Armagh in the second half was fierce and you just knew that Fermanagh were going to pull it out of the fire.

With all due respect to Fermanagh, if we couldn't cope with that yesterday how would we deal with Dublin's forwards running like that at us, with the hill roaring them on?

orangeman

Will there be a full house for the replay ?

mackers

Quote from: holylandsniper on July 21, 2008, 02:07:53 PM
Possible team for next week

McKinney
Mallon Bellew Moriarty
Donaghy/A Kernan A O Rourke C McKeever
P McGrane Toner
Mallon P McKeever M ORourke
McDonnell Clarke S Kernan/T Kernan

People who should be close to loosing out from yesterday - Hearty, A Kernan, C Vernon, B Mallon S Kernan

Cant understand for the life of me how P McDonnell came to put on Oisin.. 1. He aint match fit. 2 He isn't up to playing 30 minutes championship football 3. There are better players to bring on than him. 4. Wrong time to make token substitutions in a Ulster Final in the past i thought otherwise but yesterday we lost the battle of the managers/tacticians as well as other battles on the field.
You're not too far off the mark there. Think AK and SK will hold on to their places with Donaghy ready to come in if AK doesn't perform.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

balladmaker

QuoteWith all due respect to Fermanagh, if we couldn't cope with that yesterday how would we deal with Dublin's forwards running like that at us, with the hill roaring them on?

Put simply, we won't cope.  The 2nd half yesterday was like a serious dose of deja vu from the 2004 Q/Final.  Fermanagh ran at Armagh, panic mode set in, and all of a sudden Armagh were reeling.  There has to be a leader on the field (such as McGeeney was for so long) to calm things down, and get the team playing again.  Surely, someone could have faked an injury for a few minutes to allow them get things sorted!

The Fermanagh waves coming up the field were relentless, and the only good point from an Armagh perspective is that there is no way any team could keep that going for 70 minutes.

Maybe yesterday was the kick up the backside that Armagh needed, but somehow, I'm not so sure in the long run.  I just have this feeling that there is something missing from the Armagh team that would make them real contenders.  I think Armagh can win next Sunday, but as for the All Ireland, could be several bridges too far.  But here's hoping.

inisceithleann

The situation with the crowd on the hill was a joke yesterday. I arrived at 11.40 and we weren't allowed in. The stewards wanted clarification from the Ulster Council that the Hill Terrace actually meant the Hill and not the O'Duffy terracing behind the goals. I asked some official how they had left it to an hour after the place opened to get this clarification and he told me to effectively get lost. The crowd began to get bigger and they still weren't letting us in. Thankfully somebody gave the go ahead but clearly from other people's posts the organisation seems to be have been a shambles. One of the stewards said that problems with overcrowding occured at the Down V Armagh game and they didn't want it repeated.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

Onion Bag

At the Armagh Down game people, they closed the Hill as well and wouldnt let anyone else in because there was some tube in the turnstiles letting people in with O Duffy Tickets and the hill was stuffed, and by the time the people came along with Genuine Hill tickets they were turned away

inisceithleann

Quote from: Onion Bag on July 21, 2008, 04:05:47 PM
At the Armagh Down game people, they closed the Hill as well and wouldnt let anyone else in because there was some tube in the turnstiles letting people in with O Duffy Tickets and the hill was stuffed, and by the time the people came along with Genuine Hill tickets they were turned away

This is pretty serious stuff. How hard can it be to get the ticketing right? There were plenty of children in the Hill as well.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

Onion Bag

So what was the mood round the pubs in Fermanagh like last night? relieved, confident?