East Belfast GAA

Started by nearlymad, June 02, 2020, 12:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the onion bag

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 20, 2020, 02:13:22 PM
Have the forms for transferring. Was talking to someone at my old club, who I havent played for since 2006, seem to think transfer deadline for the year was March.
Whats the story with this?

That's transfers within the county you can move between counties at any stage of the year.

Maiden1

Have the forms for transferring. Was talking to someone at my old club, who I havent played for since 2006, seem to think transfer deadline for the year was March.
Normally there is no deadline.  It usually takes about 6 weeks from request if no objections from club.  I think it can all be done online as well now.

If a player hasn't played for a club for 2 years I am not sure if they need a transfer if they are no longer living in the parish.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

shezam

It's done online now.

Get the club EastBelfast to make the request which will get sent to your old club for approval. It should be sorted within 7-10 days. 

delgany

Inter county has no time limit
Club secretary uses servasport login details on http://pts.gaa.ie/login and initiates transfer using your email address and former club details. Takes 10 days max.

Internal transfer have a cut off date , usually 28th Feb.

RedHand88

Great stuff thanks men!

Dinny Breen

Watching East Belfast coming into existence begs the question why aren't the GAA setting up more clubs in Dublin?
#newbridgeornowhere

nearlymad

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 22, 2020, 02:25:19 PM
Watching East Belfast coming into existence begs the question why aren't the GAA setting up more clubs in Dublin?
Why? 
Because it's local people in an area who see a need and then set about forming one with the County Board of that area.

armaghniac

Quote from: nearlymad on July 22, 2020, 02:33:25 PM
Why? 
Because it's local people in an area who see a need and then set about forming one with the County Board of that area.

There is a need for the megaclubs in Dublin to be split or have another club in the area, but they make sure to ensure this doesn't come about.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

They set up of their own accord. But I would question why existing clubs with potential growth are not helped more. Somebody mentioned Donegal hurling on here. They now have 10 clubs with senior teams- some achievement over last 10 years. Here in Derry we have 8. Ulster's strategy should have been to pour money time into Derry City and Coleraine hurling for 10 years as other clubs are well established, plus making massive efforts to get at least 2 more clubs. A lot of the starter clubs seem to become feeders for super clubs in Derry hurling.

imtommygunn

The counter question would be though - do your county board actually give a shit about hurling?

For donegal to have 10 clubs is great going. I always remember there only being 2 talked about but there may have been a few more and only 2 winning.

imtommygunn

Yeah then Setanta appeared.

marty34

Quote from: hardstation on July 22, 2020, 04:38:31 PM
I remember on many occasions not that long ago Donegal's entire hurling team, subs and all were from Burt.

And Buncrana beat Burt in senior championship at the week-end.

marty34

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 22, 2020, 04:21:16 PM

They set up of their own accord. But I would question why existing clubs with potential growth are not helped more. Somebody mentioned Donegal hurling on here. They now have 10 clubs with senior teams- some achievement over last 10 years. Here in Derry we have 8. Ulster's strategy should have been to pour money time into Derry City and Coleraine hurling for 10 years as other clubs are well established, plus making massive efforts to get at least 2 more clubs. A lot of the starter clubs seem to become feeders for super clubs in Derry hurling.

I don't think pumping money into areas is key. There should be more than one hurling club in Derry City and Coleraine have been punching well above their weight at senior level but may struggle when the Mc Goldericks leave the stage in the next few years.

Regional clubs is the way to go now.  In Tyrone there's 3 or 4 new regional clubs formed over the past 10 years.  Great to see.

Look at Dungannon, an unreal club with a huge amount of volunteers helping out.  Mad for hurling.  They've worked so hard to get things up and running and are totally dominant now.

People should learn from them.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 22, 2020, 04:26:36 PM
The counter question would be though - do your county board actually give a shit about hurling?

For donegal to have 10 clubs is great going. I always remember there only being 2 talked about but there may have been a few more and only 2 winning.

No they don't give a shit

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 22, 2020, 04:44:39 PM
Yeah then Setanta appeared.

Setanta have been in go since 1972. Won many county titles. Were on way down, got  Armaghs best man, 4 of Strabane s best, a tipp senior, a Galway man and with the few class players they have , they just took off. Now they have couple good minor teams , will not be beaten this year