Retirements

Started by Maroon Manc, July 09, 2018, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dire Ear

Who's retired the most,  or is the answer above?  ;)

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Joe Mc Nallys Ballsack on December 06, 2018, 09:38:36 PM
Why do GAA players have to announce retirement statements ?

Never understand this . It's not  a professional game.
Retirements are not only tied up to a professional game.

Only a few GAA players give statements when they retire. In the main county board PROs announce players retirements and wish them well in their future endeavors and i see no problem with that because over the years they have given great service to their county teams.

toby47

Cathal McCarron retired this morning.

trailer

Quote from: toby47 on March 21, 2019, 09:40:30 AM

Saw that. Controversial enough figure I suppose.

toby47

Quote from: trailer on March 21, 2019, 09:46:22 AM
Quote from: toby47 on March 21, 2019, 09:40:30 AM

Saw that. Controversial enough figure I suppose.

A very good defender aswell

Aaron Boone

A real boost for Athy. Still a classy player at club level.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Aaron Boone on March 21, 2019, 10:43:30 AM
A real boost for Athy. Still a classy player at club level.

If he was available for Athy in the Kildare SFC final last year it might have made the difference, they only lost by 3 points.
#newbridgeornowhere

Cunny Funt

Paul Flynn great team player at his peak. Decent honours list with 4 All Stars, 5 NFL titles,10 Leinster titles and 6 All Ireland crowns won.

His statement

"After 12 proud years wearing the Dublin jersey I have made the difficult decision to step away from the Dublin football panel. It's an enormous privilege to play for your county and I feel incredibly lucky and proud that I got to play for Dublin for as long as I have. Dublin football has played a huge part in my life and I will be forever grateful for all that it has given me.

"I was honoured to train and play alongside exceptional teammates week in week out, to have enjoyed the support of extraordinary managers over the years and to have had the support of dedicated, world class backroom teams. I'm grateful for all that they've taught me over the years and for the lifelong friendships that I made along the way.

"My football career started and ended with the support of my club, my family and my friends and to them I am eternally grateful.

"Since my back surgery last year I've struggled to reach the fitness required for inter county and to reach the standards that I set for myself. While my heart says play on unfortunately my body says it's time to call it a day.

"I've loved every minute of my journey with Dublin football and to have played in front of its dedicated and passionate supporters has allowed me to make memories that I will cherish forever. I move on now with gratitude to the next chapter of my life."

Wildweasel74

A real f**king footballer who was a class apart both on and off the field. Why he not stay out the Yr with the Dublin going for 5 in a row is strange, as he be one of the 5 subs coming off the bench bad back or not.

dublin7

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 01, 2019, 10:07:39 PM
A real f**king footballer who was a class apart both on and off the field. Why he not stay out the Yr with the Dublin going for 5 in a row is strange, as he be a one of the 5 subs coming off the bench bad back or not.
He has struggled with injuries the last few season and has lost his pace. He went off injured for his club during the week and probably deicided he'd had enough. One of the best players in the country in the early part of the decade and won 4 All Stars in a row.

Lar Naparka

He's a class apart. He would have stood out if he played for any other county at any time. He seems to be a decent individual as well because I don't think I ever heard anything negative about him. I wish him well in retirement.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Tyrdub

A class act on and off the field, possibly one of the best wing half forwards to have played, great work ethic and could score as well. Managers dream player

tonto1888

A fantastic player. A shame we won't be seeing him come the summer. Has he stopped completely or just stepping away from dublin

Rossfan

Another good one departing the County scene.
Best of luck to him.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 01, 2019, 10:47:40 PM
He's a class apart. He would have stood out if he played for any other county at any time. He seems to be a decent individual as well because I don't think I ever heard anything negative about him. I wish him well in retirement.

+1