FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Nothing but positives there! Great to watch an Irish team play football!

laoislad

Great performance,  would have been nice to get a few more goals but some of their play tonight was excellent.  Big Mick showing up O'Neill and Keane for the spoofers that they are.
McClean was brainless at the end not running it into the corner.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on March 26, 2019, 09:54:30 PM
Great performance,  would have been nice to get a few more goals but some of their play tonight was excellent.  Big Mick showing up O'Neill and Keane for the spoofers that they are.

Are you for real? A better performance than the one against the worst team in the fifa rankings. But had O'Neill got same result there would have been balloons complaining
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

galwayman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 26, 2019, 09:57:40 PM

Are you for real? A better performance than the one against the worst team in the fifa rankings. But had O'Neill got same result there would have been balloons complaining
It was chalk and cheese compared to any of the home performances under O Neill in the last two years to be fair.
Could have conceded near the end it's true but think the win was deserved unlike the last time we played them here when they played us off the pitch.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 26, 2019, 09:57:40 PM

I think the difference is we should have won that confortably whereas the last few times against Georgia we were very lucky to get the draw last time and wins the previous times. McGoldrick played very well but looks like he could have played for a week and still not scored

Itchy

Good performance and deserved another goal or two. Great to see an Irish team try to be positive. They don't have the players but I'd rather they gave it a go and lost than play the shite o Neill had them play. Btw, Georgia are decent enough

BennyCake

What club does McGoldrick play for?

Was there a minute silence? Missed the start.

mrdeeds

Quote from: BennyCake on March 26, 2019, 10:10:01 PM
What club does McGoldrick play for?

Was there a minute silence? Missed the start.

Sheffield United. There was a moments appreciation before game.

An Watcher

Short memories on here.  I am glad oneill is gone but he gave us some fantastic nights and a great tournament at Euro 2016.  Just went stale at the end.
Good to see Ireland playing football alright.  Good first half and poor second but I'll take the 3 points.  Bit of time now to the next game allowing Mick to work on things.  Hopefully be able to fit Doherty in somewhere.

Milltown Row2

Will every close free kick bring out the tennis balls?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Esmarelda

Duff says the tennis ball protest almost allowed Georgia score as they had a chance in the time added on because of the protest.  :o

From the Bunker

Quote from: An Watcher on March 26, 2019, 10:48:57 PM
Short memories on here.  I am glad oneill is gone but he gave us some fantastic nights and a great tournament at Euro 2016.  Just went stale at the end.
Good to see Ireland playing football alright.  Good first half and poor second but I'll take the 3 points.  Bit of time now to the next game allowing Mick to work on things.  Hopefully be able to fit Doherty in somewhere.

Yes O'Neill gave us some great nights and squeezed out some decent results. His methods were copped and there was no plan B. No shame it that. At least he had a plan A that worked most of the time.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Esmarelda on March 26, 2019, 11:10:29 PM
Duff says the tennis ball protest almost allowed Georgia score as they had a chance in the time added on because of the protest.  :o

It was brilliant seeing Richie Sadlier trying to explain that in fact the protest didn't create extra time for Georgia to score to that clown Duff in the studio. Duff was really uncomfortable with criticising the FAI....are they not dinosaurs too. Muppet.

magpie seanie

Agree with this. Also rushing to judgement on the back of one game isn't the wisest. I think people might be getting carried away just a little too. I thought McGoldrick was crap. Ran hard and was very honest but he botched several good positions. A non goal threat striker. Then he gets man of the match and rave reviews  :o. Surely workrate is a minimum expectation for all professionals? If Robbie came on for the last 15 minutes he'd have got a goal.

Itchy

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 27, 2019, 08:53:09 AM

Agree with this. Also rushing to judgement on the back of one game isn't the wisest. I think people might be getting carried away just a little too. I thought McGoldrick was crap. Ran hard and was very honest but he botched several good positions. A non goal threat striker. Then he gets man of the match and rave reviews  :o. Surely workrate is a minimum expectation for all professionals? If Robbie came on for the last 15 minutes he'd have got a goal.

How is the name of God could you think McGoldrick was crap. Incredible. He made almost every ball stick and brought players into play brilliantly. He needed a bit more in terms of people running off him. His primary job is to hold up ball and bring others into play then get in the box afterwards. Have to say I am amazed to read what you wrote there. I thought it was as good a display from a lone Irish forward as I have seen in a long time.