The DUP thread

Started by armaghniac, December 31, 2022, 05:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaffronSports

Quote from: clarshack on February 03, 2024, 11:20:26 PM
Quote from: Nanderson on February 03, 2024, 10:14:38 PMJustin McNulty suspended by SDLP

Suspended without pay?

They probably can't withhold his pay as his wage will come from public money. If it's unresolved he could still be an independent MLA or join another party until the next election anyway.

armaghniac

Quote from: Nanderson on February 03, 2024, 10:14:38 PMJustin McNulty suspended by SDLP

Suspended without pay?

The SDLP do not pay him, I expect, so they can hardly suspend his pay.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tony Baloney

Quote from: SaffronSports on February 03, 2024, 11:28:51 PM

Suspended without pay?

They probably can't withhold his pay as his wage will come from public money. If it's unresolved he could still be an independent MLA or join another party until the next election anyway.
He's dead in the water as a politician.

quit yo jibbajabba

He blocked a mate on fb at the height of the Covid shenanigans. Who had the last laugh now Justin eh?!

(I jest, my friend is a cockwomble and deserved it)

RedHand88

And
Quote from: Sportacus on February 03, 2024, 11:07:24 PM
Quote from: Kidder81 on February 03, 2024, 11:05:16 PM
Quote from: SaffronSports on February 03, 2024, 11:02:08 PM

Interesting to see which of his two jobs pays more and he keeps doing.

I would say Laois pays more
Armagh will appeal .

And will lose on penalties.

Mikhail Prokhorov

So the spongers in the north go back to work after a 2 year holiday and this is news???

They even managed to vote in a deputy prime minister of their wee country who didn't even stand for election

The fact a county manager treats it with such contempt speaks volumes  ;D 

AustinPowers

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on February 04, 2024, 12:16:31 AMSo the spongers in the north go back to work after a 2 year holiday and this is news???

They even managed to vote in a deputy prime minister of their wee country who didn't even stand for election

That's not the  term she used.

When  others called her deputy though , she looked mighty  miffed

RedHand88

Quote from: AustinPowers on February 04, 2024, 12:26:21 AM
Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on February 04, 2024, 12:16:31 AMSo the spongers in the north go back to work after a 2 year holiday and this is news???

That's not the  term she used.

When  others called her deputy though , she looked mighty  miffed

Well her own party referred to it as Deputy FM in their socials so....

Armagh18

It's actually brilliant watching the DUP'ers squirm.

Think Allisters head might actually explode. 

JPGJOHNNYG

I like Jim when you hear him talk it makes me feel we have gone back to the eighties ;D

Yer man McNulty was taking the piss. I know he probably didn't think it was starting up again so soon but it ain't a good look being a part time mla when the ones do it full time are pretty f**king useless, wants his cake and eat it.

RedHand88

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 04, 2024, 08:18:58 AMIt's actually brilliant watching the DUP'ers squirm.

Think Allisters head might actually explode. 

A big thing for me is seeing them on the opposite sides of the chamber now. It's the optics of it.
This must really really hurt unionists. Seeing the little guys on their side of the chamber now.

brokencrossbar1

McNulty has had the SDLP whip suspended but he can continue as an independent. The only way SDLP can do anything is if he resigns his seat and they co-opt someone on. If that happened it would likely be Pete Byrne. Problem they have is McNulty is very popular and is a 'figure'. They have died a complete death in south Armagh and south down and he is hanging them in there. Byrne is a much more competent operator and is the better person to be there but he doesn't have the profile. McNulty's father is old school SDLP and was at the forefront with Seamus Mallon from the very start so his son has a lot of wriggle room

Sportacus

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 04, 2024, 09:33:44 AMMcNulty has had the SDLP whip suspended but he can continue as an independent. The only way SDLP can do anything is if he resigns his seat and they co-opt someone on. If that happened it would likely be Pete Byrne. Problem they have is McNulty is very popular and is a 'figure'. They have died a complete death in south Armagh and south down and he is hanging them in there. Byrne is a much more competent operator and is the better person to be there but he doesn't have the profile. McNulty's father is old school SDLP and was at the forefront with Seamus Mallon from the very start so his son has a lot of wriggle room
I think he's showing a bit of contempt to be honest. His predecessors, Seamus Mallon for example, worked day and night to represent their constituents and to stand up to discrimination. They didn't make those sacrifices so that today's representatives can complacently dip in and dip out when it suits. He should choose one and drop the other.

clarshack

Quote from: SaffronSports on February 03, 2024, 11:28:51 PM

Suspended without pay?

Independent or not, still would be impossible to find the time to be a county manager as well.

RedHand88

Thought it was harsh to be honest. The timetable clash only came about mid week when the DUP agreed to the deal, there was nothing he could have done. I thought the SDLP would have gave him a weeks grace to quit Laois but maybe he's made it clear he intended to continue with both? I don't think that's sustainable either.
Always thought he'd have put politics first when push came to shove just for financial reasons but frig knows what Laois are paying him...