The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcpen

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 26, 2024, 02:41:10 PMBoy told me it was the stresses of social media particularly said on here where trailer captain obvious and MR2 said it was theirs to lose
He definitely reads here alright, what other reason could Capt Obvious have for all his genius mind games  ;D
This is one of my 3 usernames.

gawa316

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gawa316 on January 26, 2024, 03:22:52 PMHe never got over Stalin's stance on him

The Stallion was the man!

Mid table mediocrity incoming

Will Trent follow him to Spain?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

RedHand88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 26, 2024, 02:38:30 PMDidn't read the statement but what was the main reason for stepping away? Time with family? Just a reset? Pressure from media/social media or stress from work?

Just scundered with it all.

RedHand88

statto

It shows how far Man United have fallen that the biggest thing they have to celebrate this season is a 0-0 draw at Anfield and that Liverpool's Manager is leaving at the end of season. The same Manager that alot will of them will tell you isn't that good.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 26, 2024, 04:50:27 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on October 07, 2015, 11:48:59 AMWill Klopp survive until Christmas is what I want to know.

Update.

Yes, yes he did.

Some of the humour from back then was top drawer stuff has to be said

gawa316

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 26, 2024, 05:14:06 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on January 26, 2024, 04:50:27 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on October 07, 2015, 11:48:59 AMWill Klopp survive until Christmas is what I want to know.

Update.

Yes, yes he did.

Some of the humour from back then was top drawer stuff has to be said

Klopp yerself on would ye?! ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: statto on January 26, 2024, 04:59:33 PMIt shows how far Man United have fallen that the biggest thing they have to celebrate this season is a 0-0 draw at Anfield and that Liverpool's Manager is leaving at the end of season. The same Manager that alot will of them will tell you isn't that good.

I don't know any person that thinks Klopp isn't that good. Especially Utd supporters. Breaking that cycle of not winning the league is heroic stuff
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: dec on January 26, 2024, 04:22:15 PMInteresting to read the thread from back when Klopp was appointed

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=11101.msg1521898#msg1521898

Dinny, Bingo, deiseach, heganboy, muppet, AZ....serious talent lost to the board.

GAABoardMod5

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 26, 2024, 06:36:19 PM
Quote from: dec on January 26, 2024, 04:22:15 PMInteresting to read the thread from back when Klopp was appointed

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=11101.msg1521898#msg1521898

Dinny, Bingo, deiseach, heganboy, muppet, AZ....serious talent lost to the board.

Fair few gone from the league prediction thread as well.

J70

Quote from: dec on January 26, 2024, 02:16:55 PMBob Paisley was manager for 9 seasons, in those 9 seasons he won 6 league titles and 3 European Cups.

Yeah, but Paisley didn't have to start from scratch to the extent that Klopp did. Leaving aside the fact that he was already part of the furniture, there wasn't much upheaval between the team that started Shankly's last game in the 74 cup final and the 77 European Cup Final. Clemence, Smith, Hughes, Keegan, Heighway, Callaghan started both finals. A few more players like Thompson and Lindsay were in at least the squads at both times.

When Klopp won the CL in 2019, in the starting line up you had Allisson, TAA, Robertson, Van Dijk, Matip, Fabinho, Mane, Wijnaldum and Salah who weren't even at the club when he took over 3.5 years before.

Paisley is one of the greatest British managers of all time. Not arguing that. I just think what Klopp did is more impressive.

Puckoon

The Premier League is going to be poorer without him, even though he's been a bit prickly this last year or two. Huge loss to Anfield, they need to be wise with their next appointment to build on what he did for them.