2018 NFL Division 2

Started by tippabu, December 31, 2017, 11:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

The Roscommon team to play Cavan. John McManus ruled out through injury and the experienced Sean McDermott drops to the bench.

James Fetherstone (Roscommon Gaels)
David Murray (Padraig Pearses)
Peter Domican (St Brigids)
Fergal Lennon (Clann na nGael)
Ronan Daly (Padraig Pearses)
Brian Stack (St Brigids)
Niall Daly (Padraig Pearses)
Tadhg O Rourke (Tulsk)
Cathal Compton (Strokestown)
Ciarain Murtagh (St Faithleachs)
Niall Kilroy (Fuerty)
Conor Devaney (Kilbride)
Donie Smith (Boyle)
Ciaran Lennon (Clann na nGael)
Diarmuid Murtagh (St Faithleachs)

Subs
Colm Lavin (Eire Og)
Cathal Cregg (Western Gaels)
Conor Daly (Padraig Pearses)
Enda Smith (Boyle)
Fintan Cregg (Elphin)
Ian Kilbride (St Brigids)
Philip Neilan (Furety)
Sean McDermott (Western Gaels)
Shane Killoran (Elphin)
Tadgh McKenna (Boyle)
Ultan Harney (Clann na nGael)

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

An Watcher

Cavan a decent price for this?

Syferus

Strong lineup. Bench is filled with players who have given Cavan nightmares in the past too..

Cunny Funt

Quote from: An Watcher on March 15, 2018, 07:50:30 PM
Good value odds when you consider the rossies only drew with Meath and lost to Down in Hyde Park two sides that Cavan beat this year.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 15, 2018, 08:00:21 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on March 15, 2018, 07:50:30 PM
Good value odds when you consider the rossies only drew with Meath and lost to Down in Hyde Park two sides that Cavan beat this year.

"The Fortress Hyde Park" you mean?

Westside

It's hard to come up with any persuasive reasons why Cavan would win this game. The best we've managed from them recently in a game that matters is a draw in 2015 in the first round.

Cavan have mounting injury worries and Down could and maybe should have won the game last week.

Rossies by 4+ and all Cavan hopes to lie on the Tipp game

Itchy

Quote from: Westside on March 15, 2018, 09:39:07 PM
It's hard to come up with any persuasive reasons why Cavan would win this game. The best we've managed from them recently in a game that matters is a draw in 2015 in the first round.

Cavan have mounting injury worries and Down could and maybe should have won the game last week.

Maybe but part of me wonders are cavan a bit further on fitness wise. Ros will be aiming for a later start in connacht cavan into battle but earlier. Killian Clarke may be missing so I'd say if he's fit cavan might sneak it but if not Ross will win it. We owe them a defeat and that bookies price is extremely generous and over rates Ros on current form.

Syferus

Quote from: Itchy on March 15, 2018, 09:48:03 PM

Maybe but part of me wonders are cavan a bit further on fitness wise. Ros will be aiming for a later start in connacht cavan into battle but earlier. Killian Clarke may be missing so I'd say if he's fit cavan might sneak it but if not Ross will win it. We owe them a defeat and that bookies price is extremely generous and over rates Ros on current form.

Roscommon have lost two competitive matches since we last met 12 months ago, and one was to Mayo..

Jim_Murphy_74

Fall Out from Clare Tipp continues. Clare have produced a video which shows Gordon Kelly did not spit on umpire. CHC refused to allow video as evidence in an appeal as it's not from an independent broadcaster.  This spares the GAA blushes for now.

However, it does open up an issue for them. This video does not suggest the "we are all human and make mistakes" twaddle we normally get but a case of flagrant falsehood reported by officials on the day.  If Gordon and Clare manage to prove this at the DRA what action will we see from the GAA?

/Jim.

Itchy

Quote from: Syferus on March 15, 2018, 09:55:44 PM

Roscommon have lost two competitive matches since we last met 12 months ago, and one was to Mayo..

Look I know you think Ros will win every game, are unbeatable and all thst without bothering to train. However, Ye drew with a brutal Meath team, needed an extra man to best Clare and lost to Down. You are not a super power of GAA. You may win Sunday but you are playing a team 2 pts ahead of you and unbeaten in 5 so it reasonable position to think it could be tight either way.

Westside

Roscommon have lost to Mayo, Clare and Down if I'm right?

Cavan have lost to Monaghan and Tipperary.

Westside

Killian is a huge loss. He's part of that core group of players that our success relies so heavily upon.

I know there's not been much in it between us but to be fair to them, they've fully deserved all their victories against us in the recent past. I know it's easy to feel like we 'owe them one' but I don't think it generally plays out like this. The better team will win most games these days. Looking at the team sheets and in particular the firepower and the benches on each, Roscommon are a good bit ahead IMO.

Syferus

Quote from: Westside on March 15, 2018, 10:15:27 PM

Roscommon have lost to Mayo, Clare and Down if I'm right?

Cavan have lost to Monaghan and Tipperary.

Roscommon beat Clare by seven in Ennis last Sunday, Westside. We drew with Meath in the first round.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on March 15, 2018, 10:06:46 PM
Fall Out from Clare Tipp continues. Clare have produced a video which shows Gordon Kelly did not spit on umpire. CHC refused to allow video as evidence in an appeal as it's not from an independent broadcaster.  This spares the GAA blushes for now.

However, it does open up an issue for them. This video does not suggest the "we are all human and make mistakes" twaddle we normally get but a case of flagrant falsehood reported by officials on the day.  If Gordon and Clare manage to prove this at the DRA what action will we see from the GAA?

/Jim.
The offense was squirting a water bottle at an official not spitting. Clare manager Colm Collins reckoned he was just cleaning out the water bottle.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 15, 2018, 10:50:43 PM
Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on March 15, 2018, 10:06:46 PM

/Jim.
The offense was squirting a water bottle at an official not spitting. Clare manager Colm Collins reckoned he was just cleaning out the water bottle.

The video shows him squirting out water, before umpire arrives on the scene.

/Jim.