Tubitt Murnin ONeill

Bench
Cumiskey
McQuillan
Burns
Morgan

Solo_run

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 27, 2023, 12:42:57 PM
Theoretically would Armagh people be happy winning if it meant Tyrone beat Kerry?

Why ask such as silly question?

illdecide

Lane should not be a factor but i'm just saying in a game that both teams are evenly matched then a ref's call can decide a close game and I hope it doesn't come to that. Majority of Armagh fans are all saying there's nothing between the two teams so not sure where people are getting this narrative that Armagh fans are too cocky. Monaghan will be just as happy drawing Armagh and that in itself tells the true story.
This year is probably the most open Championship in a long time where any team in the last 8 can win it (unlikely but possible). For me Dublin and Kerry are looking good but both could lose to Mayo and Tyrone just as easy and that would really throw it wide open
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

armaghniac

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 27, 2023, 12:42:57 PM
Theoretically would Armagh people be happy winning if it meant Tyrone beat Kerry?

This would have other implications, as then Armagh could only meet the winners of Dublin/Mayo in the semi final.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 27, 2023, 12:20:29 PM
illdecide refs blow you up for pulling and dragging because you pull and drag not preconceptions...

If you could nip this in the bud and be a bit more disciplined you could be a really good team.

Preconceptions! Let's have a look at this.

What you're talking about defensive indiscipline. The best metric of defensive indiscipline is scores conceded from frees. Individual games may skew one way or another due to weather, opposition, etc., but this all does balance out over the course of a season of games.

To date this year Armagh have played 7 championship games. They have conceded a total of 4-84 (96), 0-25 of which have come from frees. This equates to an average of 3.6 points per games conceded from frees, or ~26% of all scores coming from frees.

Now, let's see how that compares to the other main players still in the championship:

Kerry - Average of 4.0 points per games conceded from frees, or ~29% of all conceded scores coming from frees.
Dublin - Average of 4.2 points per games conceded from frees, or ~32% of all conceded scores coming from frees.
Mayo - Average of 4.8 points per games conceded from frees, or ~33% of all conceded scores coming from frees.

Or let's look at Armagh's next opponent, Monaghan:
Average of 5.5 points per games conceded from frees, or ~29% of all conceded scores coming from frees.

Conclusions:
1. Armagh's defensive discipline compares favourably with most, if not all, remaining teams in the championship this year.
2. If Armagh have a problem with 'pulling and dragging', then every other team still running must be in near crisis.
3. A few too many internet eejits have allowed their preconceptions get in the way of the reality in front of their eyes. I trust Conor Lane won't swallow this unsubstantiated nonsense of a narrative as easily as others.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

square_ball

What if they concede a free in a scoring position but the free taker misses? Does that come into your calculations?

bogball88

Any chance of Translink putting on another train?

general_lee

Quote from: bogball88 on June 27, 2023, 04:37:22 PM
You'd think they'd want to cash in on the huge demand but considering they can barely run the Belfast-Dublin service at the best of times, I'd say the chances are slim.

lurganblue

Quote from: general_lee on June 27, 2023, 04:46:02 PM
You'd think they'd want to cash in on the huge demand but considering they can barely run the Belfast-Dublin service at the best of times, I'd say the chances are slim.

Was there not 3 ran last year?

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/2023/06/26/five-things-we-learned-this-gaa-weekend-mayo-will-definitely-bring-the-heat-to-dublin/

Monaghan land on the right man for the job - eventually
The people in the Monaghan county board who took such a long time to appoint Vinny Corey over the winter ought to be counting their lucky stars today. They spent a couple of months chasing the likes of Ger Brennan and Jason Sherlock before coming back around to the man who should have been their priority from the start. Corey eventually did it out of duty as much as anything else but his first season in charge has proved that nobody would have had a better feel for what the job entails.
Keeping Monaghan in Division One and making an All-Ireland quarter-final marks the year out as a successful one, whatever happens now. Corey has shown an ability and a willingness to make big calls all year, too. His friend and clubmate Conor McManus hadn't missed a start for Monaghan in 16 years – Corey dropped him after losing to Derry in the Ulster semi-final and he hasn't found a way back in yet. An unthinkable move for a decade and a half and yet Corey did it and there's not even much fuss about it within the county.
Just as interesting was the move to drop Ryan Wylie for Saturday's game against Kildare. Wylie has been a fixture in the side for the best part of a decade and was the team captain for the past couple of seasons. When Dessie Ward was announced as coming in for him in a late change to the programme, we assumed he was carrying a knock of some sort. Not so.
"Not hurt, no," said Corey afterwards. "We just felt it was horses for courses today. Kildare showed last week they have a lot of physicality in their forward line. They played for a lot of marks. They have a lot of height. We decided to shuffle things around. Ryan had been playing really well for us but we just had to make calls and that was one of them."
Kildare had four marks in the win over Roscommon. Monaghan kept them to one on Saturday. Wylie came off the bench for the last 15 minutes and provided experience to see the game out. Job done all round. – Malachy Clerkin
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Fuzzman

When was the last time Monaghan won in Croker in the championship?
What about Armagh?

naka

A joke
The website crashed
Need the shinners to put pressure on as one train is ridiculous given it was3 lasy year for Galway game

p3427977

Quote from: naka on June 27, 2023, 05:22:02 PM
A joke
The website crashed
Need the shinners to put pressure on as one train is ridiculous given it was3 lasy year for Galway game
It was a Sunday last year and there might have been more trains not in service? Either way the price is ridiculous. I'd rather drive and take a few mates.

seafoid

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 27, 2023, 05:14:35 PM
What about Armagh?
I think Monaghan were winning and about to score in Croke Park in 2013 but something happened. I'm afraid I can't remember what it was.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Solo_run

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 27, 2023, 05:14:35 PM
What about Armagh?

I think Armagh's last win in Croke Park was against Dublin in the league 2022