The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

United have been really poor. Very lucky to get a result yesterday. They'll really need to step it up to rattle city.

trileacman

Quote from: Hound on April 14, 2019, 09:52:19 PM
We're so like Mayo!

Playing out of our skin, really exciting, have some players who do really stupid things, but we leave it all out there and beat almost everyone. But we'll just fall short because there's a machine out there who's a fraction better financially doped.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Over the Bar

Quote from: trileacman on April 14, 2019, 10:45:43 PM
Quote from: Hound on April 14, 2019, 09:52:19 PM
We're so like Mayo!

Playing out of our skin, really exciting, have some players who do really stupid things, but we leave it all out there and beat almost everyone. But we'll just fall short because there's a machine out there who's a fraction better financially doped than Liverpool

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Look-Up!

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 14, 2019, 10:03:54 PM
United have been really poor. Very lucky to get a result yesterday. They'll really need to step it up to rattle city.
Utd have some real quality in their team but their commitment is questionable, Pogba being a perfect example. But I think they will lift it for a huge derby game and their best 11 is more than a match for City. 

Maroon Manc

There's more chance of City dropping points than Liverpool. Burnley away another tough fixture for City, have this horrible feeling you'll win it after yesterday.

If in 1990 you'd have told me it would take Liverpool 29 years to win another title I'd have taken that.

Taylor

Quote from: Look-Up! on April 15, 2019, 12:04:19 PM
Utd have some real quality in their team but their commitment is questionable, Pogba being a perfect example. But I think they will lift it for a huge derby game and their best 11 is more than a match for City.

Assume you are on the wind up here?
Few if any Utd players would make the City first 11

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 15, 2019, 12:13:11 PM
There's more chance of City dropping points than Liverpool. Burnley away another tough fixture for City, have this horrible feeling you'll win it after yesterday.

If in 1990 you'd have told me it would take Liverpool 29 years to win another title I'd have taken that.

I'd say you would rather lose to city and the race for fourth than help Liverpool win a title. Me friend is a dyed in the wool Manc, he's obsessed with Liverpool to.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

AZOffaly

Maroon Manc

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 15, 2019, 12:16:44 PM

I'd say you would rather lose to city and the race for fourth than help Liverpool win a title. Me friend is a dyed in the wool Manc, he's obsessed with Liverpool to.

I'd rather City win the league but don't want to see City winning the quadruple either. United need the points and have to beat City. Its hard to take City seriously though, success is down to money and nothing else. There a small club who just can't generate the interest that United and Liverpool can. The media are barely talking about a City quadruple as nobody cares apart from City fans.

Plenty of scousers and mancs obsessed with each other, I'm not one of them. It will be easier seeing Liverpool winning the league than City winning the lot.

BennyCake

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 15, 2019, 12:34:15 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 15, 2019, 12:16:44 PM

I'd rather City win the league but don't want to see City winning the quadruple either. United need the points and have to beat City. Its hard to take City seriously though, success is down to money and nothing else. There a small club who just can't generate the interest that United and Liverpool can. The media are barely talking about a City quadruple as nobody cares apart from City fans.

Plenty of scousers and mancs obsessed with each other, I'm not one of them. It will be easier seeing Liverpool winning the league than City winning the lot.

Understandable with people who live in Manchester or Liverpool , but MU or Liverpool fans from here are just dicks behaving like that.

I'd prefer Liverpool to win the league as I prefer watching them play.  Not as entertaining as when Suárez was there, but still prefer them to City. City are hard to watch.

Look-Up!

Quote from: Taylor on April 15, 2019, 12:14:23 PM

And what about the guy who can't make the Utd first 11? City seemed pretty keen on him last year. There's a serious amount of quality in that Utd team. Clubs are not stupid and don't pay huge wages for the hell of it.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Look-Up! on April 15, 2019, 02:19:53 PM

And what about the guy who can't make the Utd first 11? City seemed pretty keen on him last year. There's a serious amount of quality in that Utd team. Clubs are not stupid and don't pay huge wages for the hell of it.

Whatever about the rest of the United team I would not be using Alexis Sanchez as an example of the quality of either squad...he has become a busted flush

TabClear

Quote from: Look-Up! on April 15, 2019, 02:19:53 PM

I honestly do not think that  Pep would take any player from United at the minute as 1st choice. You could make an argument for Pogba being good enough but  for me there is no way he displaces any of City's 1st choice players given his work ethic (or lack off). De Gea is a better shot stopper than Ederson but the differential in quality with the ball at his feet just would not work for Guardiola's fundamental style of play in my opinion. I do not think you can even make an argument in any of the other positions.

Anyway, to bring it back to Liverpool, it wll be interesting to see the team selection for Wednesday. Hopefully Klopp goes for an attacking team to try and  get the away goal that (should) kill it early doors and give him options then to rotate. If Porto go one up early and Liverpool do not score it could get difficult