Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

Stuart Mangan, the 26 year old from Fermoy in Co. Cork, who suffered a severe spinal injury while playing rugby in London in April 2008, has sadly passed away.

He was taken to St Mary's Hospital in Paddington, London on Thursday as a result of respiratory problems and passed away peacefully on Friday 7th August in the presence of his parents Brian and Una and his three brothers Keith, John and Barry.

I'm sure a lot of lads had heard about this guy  sadly passed away

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Declan on August 14, 2009, 11:42:43 AM
Stuart Mangan, the 26 year old from Fermoy in Co. Cork, who suffered a severe spinal injury while playing rugby in London in April 2008, has sadly passed away.

He was taken to St Mary's Hospital in Paddington, London on Thursday as a result of respiratory problems and passed away peacefully on Friday 7th August in the presence of his parents Brian and Una and his three brothers Keith, John and Barry.

Very sad news. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

http://www.stuartmangan.org/smangan/default.asp?contentID=1
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

orangeman

Very sad news. Remember reading this story at the time. RIP

ziggysego

Sad news. RIP.
Testing Accessibility

stephenite

August 26, 2009 - 3:37PM
Senator Edward Kennedy has died, CNN has reported, quoting a statement from the family.

Kennedy, a member of the fabled American political family, had been battling brain cancer.

He was 77. He followed his brothers, President John F Kennedy and Senator Robert F Kennedy - who were both assassinated - as a leading Democrat in US politics.

Wonder who'll bring it up first?

Declan

Some career Kennedy had 47 years in the senate and personally introduced over 300 bills that were passed into legislation

give her dixie

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Minder

The best cooler in the business
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Doogie Browser

Keith Floyd RIP - I just watched the excellent show with Keith Allen on him last night too.

full back

Quote from: Doogie Browser on September 15, 2009, 09:10:48 AM
Keith Floyd RIP - I just watched the excellent show with Keith Allen on him last night too.

When did this happen?

Doogie Browser

Quote from: full back on September 15, 2009, 09:16:09 AM

When did this happen?
Yesterday, heart attack.  Last nights show was telly gold.

muppet

Even when I thought cookery was highly uncool, I enjoyed watching Floyd.

RIP.
MWWSI 2017

orangeman

BBC reporter Barron dies aged 69 

Brian Barron in Afghanistan in 2001
BBC war correspondent Brian Barron has died from cancer at the age of 69.

He covered wars across five decades, from Aden in 1967 to Iraq in 2003, and served as the BBC's man in some of the world's major cities.

World News Editor Jon Williams said: "He was simply the most distinguished BBC correspondent of our age".

Barron witnessed many major events and was honoured with several awards. He died at his home in Cornwall surrounded by his family.

Joining the BBC World Service in 1965, he witnessed the fall of Saigon and reported from Africa on the demise of Idi Amin.

He covered the Falklands War from Chile, as well as working as Ireland correspondent at the height of the Troubles in the early 1980s.

'An inspiration'

He won several Royal Television Society awards including Reporter of the Year in 1980 and the International Reporting Prize for his coverage from Latin America.

Brian Barron reporting the fall of Saigon in 1975
After his official retirement, Brian and Eric Thirer, his friend and long-time cameraman, continued to work together in New York.

Two years ago, in what would be his final report for the BBC, he returned to Aden, 40 years after the end of empire.

Jon Williams said: "It was vintage Brian - funny, poignant, but with a message. He was an inspiration to more than one generation of reporters, producers and editors."

Barron leaves his wife Angela and daughter Fleur.

ziggysego

Henry Gibson. Judge Clark Brown in Boston Legal and Dr. Werner Klopek in The 'burbs.

Testing Accessibility

wherefromreferee?

Trish Porter - those about Walshes Maghera would know her.  Bodybuilder.  Pleasant lady

RIP
In your Endo!