Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

champion1981

"eye gauge" kingpins having watched my club v kilcoo under age they come across very well drilled and coached at all under age level,and all these players have came through their own small primary school! to be in the hunt for 7 in a row has to be admired, its something that a small club like my own aspire to be!

downjim

How much is it into the weekend games ??

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

our_fella

Taking odds of 1/10 for another Laverty diving extravaganza tomorrow night.. Lucky he wasnt thrown into Moygannon river after his antics during league @ CPN's home.. Undoes all his good work!

Burren & Kilcoo both to win pulling up.

Ambrose

Quote from: our_fella on September 28, 2018, 03:02:12 PM
Taking odds of 1/10 for another Laverty diving extravaganza tomorrow night.. Lucky he wasnt thrown into Moygannon river after his antics during league @ CPN's home.. Undoes all his good work!

Burren & Kilcoo both to win pulling up.

The Moygannon river? It's a stream on a good day.

Burren v the Point would be the dream final. Kilcoo's run has to come to an end at some point. I'm hoping CPN are the team to do just that and I've put a few quid on them after seeing the odds.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

champion1981

mayobridge to win by 2 points,darragh cross just to get over the line, looking forward to seeing young ruari mccrickard good up and coming no 6, think the point will push the magpies all the way! laverty will be a massive lose to the magpies

Ambrose

Quote from: champion1981 on September 28, 2018, 06:21:19 PM
mayobridge to win by 2 points,darragh cross just to get over the line

Looking like a Burren v Point final, the Bridge haven't come out for the second half.

Liatriom had a comfortable win in the IFC earlier.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

champion1981

will the point be fit for the mighty burren though

forevergreen

Well that was easy!! Bridge collapsed as Burren brought big Eamonn Toner on. 2 goals!! Boom game over. Then Kerr joins the party
Time to get the flags out. We can watch and wait now!!

whitegoodman

I said before I was surprised by how many thought the bridge would win.  They are still too reliant on their older players and if Corey Quinn is wrapped up there isn't much else there.

Toner made a big difference apart from his goal as he provides a focal point that was lacking in the first half.  Burren are average enough and won't beat Kilcoo but they are still comfortably the second best team in Down which doesn't say much about Down football.

On another point both teams and in particular the bridge have a very big backroom team.  Sometimes a group of 3 or 4 can provide a lot clearer instructions than 5,6 or 7.

Kingpins

Champion 1981 obviously you are from a small club when your aspirations are to replicate a club who can only dominate a county but no ulsters or bigger glory.. set ur sights higher & reach for the sky!! Not the sky blues though as tonight slammed my predictions out the window, looks like 2nds & 3rds glory maybe the pinnacle now for next couple years although, the bench getting emptied with the aul crew might jeopardise their success next year. Was Mickey not available to rescue them? Who shall meet burren in final is anyones guess now as its a funny aul  game.. sometimes even hilarious! 😂

befair

Disappointing game tonight; after looking the better team in the fist half, the bridge completely collapsed after Burren's first goal, maybe lacking in self-belief.

BTW what was the reason for the pop-music blaring at half-time?

champion1981

kingpin yes im from a small club , 1 day id hope to see our seniors playing div 1 football, but i bet you now if you asked any castlewellan d/patrick clonduff  vast majority of the bridge team now,ect  ect would they be happy to win a dsfc just even 1 i think they would take the arm of ya! let alone win 6 in a row !! credit where credit is due kilcoo the best team in down  over the past  10 years easy!

Leftmidfield

So a Kilcoo v Burren final after they beat CPN tonight by 6 points. Strange as it might sound but best team didn't win tonight. CPN could easily have won that game.

champion1981

leftmidfield the best team always wins!! kilcoo fell behind with a great goal ,but it didnt seem to bother them,would like to see cpn get a dsfc medal though,some good ballers on that team! esp their no8