China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: Smokin Joe on April 16, 2020, 10:09:19 PM
Quote from: Emmett on April 16, 2020, 05:37:33 PM
I haven't been on here in a while but would like some advice if someone could be so kind.

A friend of mine works in Belfast but has been working from home at her parents in Fermanagh.

Today she received word that as of next week she has to return to the office and start working from there again. They are staggering workers back to the office.

She has very bad asthma and suffers with anxiety.

Can they enforce this given the UK governments stance of if you can work from home you must?

She does not feel comfortable with this plan whatsoever!

If she can do her work from home then she should continue to work from him.
But if, for example, she worked in manufacturing then her employer could make her go into work.
According to government guidance manufacturing should still be continuing in the UK, where social distance should be maintained as much as possible, but if it can't be then other precautions should be put in place.  These instructions are here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/social-distancing-in-the-workplace-during-coronavirus-covid-19-sector-guidance#manufacturing-and-processing-businesses

It is down to the company to determine if she can work from home and do her job to same level.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on April 16, 2020, 11:44:33 PM
I haven't been on here in a while but would like some advice if someone could be so kind.

A friend of mine works in Belfast but has been working from home at her parents in Fermanagh.

Today she received word that as of next week she has to return to the office and start working from there again. They are staggering workers back to the office.

Can they enforce this given the UK governments stance of if you can work from home you must?

But if, for example, she worked in manufacturing then her employer could make her go into work.
According to government guidance manufacturing should still be continuing in the UK, where social distance should be maintained as much as possible, but if it can't be then other precautions should be put in place.  These instructions are here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/social-distancing-in-the-workplace-during-coronavirus-covid-19-sector-guidance#manufacturing-and-processing-businesses

It is down to the company to determine if she can work from home and do her job to same level.

So if you can prove the job is done correctly at home then you should be allowed.

Automatically you are then putting more people on the roads, interacting with shops, petrol stations buses or trains, more risk of poor social distancing measures.

Why not stick it out? Seems to be going against what the 'experts' are saying
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Was on Facebook and I've seen the light now... Bill Gates has done this so he can make the vaccine and the microchip us all so he controls the world.

PLANdemic!

Don't be a sheep... the truth is out there!!

quit yo jibbajabba

Yeah i went down that rabbit hole one eve, ended it with the discovery that Hilary C ate a child few yrs back theres videos and all....

armaghniac

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 17, 2020, 12:22:33 AM
Yeah i went down that rabbit hole one eve, ended it with the discovery that Hilary C ate a child few yrs back theres videos and all....

Janey mac, you'd think the likes of her would be vegetarian!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Gates must be some man to convince the Chinese to pretend there's a new virus, to convince the Italians that loads of them have caught it and died from it, likewise the Spanish and French.
Trump and Bozo initially saw through his plan but he obviously bribed both of them to come on board and bring in lockdowns etc.
But luckily Gemma and John Waters have seen through it all and the Irish Courts will put a stop to the dastardly plan.

Dumb and Dumberer.....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: armaghniac on April 17, 2020, 12:28:05 AM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 17, 2020, 12:22:33 AM

Janey mac, you'd think the likes of her would be vegetarian!

Lol. I followed them for the craic so will report back as things develop. Ps theres no actual covid its just a ruse to allow donald to be the hero as he smashes the biggest paedo ring in the world with thousands of children being released...

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 17, 2020, 12:02:51 AM
Quote from: Itchy on April 16, 2020, 11:44:33 PM

So if you can prove the job is done correctly at home then you should be allowed.

Automatically you are then putting more people on the roads, interacting with shops, petrol stations buses or trains, more risk of poor social distancing measures.

Why not stick it out? Seems to be going against what the 'experts' are saying

Saw a good one today. "I was falling quickly but the parachute has slowed my descent and I haven't fallen to my death yet. That must mean it's time to take it off."

Eamonnca1

Quote from: HiMucker on April 16, 2020, 10:18:36 PM
Mental stuff
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-52316150

I met a Bolsonaro supporter at a party a few years back. She was as mad as a box of frogs. You thought Trump supporters were as thick as champ? I asked her what good she thought Bolsonaro was going to do.

Her: You don't know what it's like in the favelas! People are getting shot! People are getting murdered!
Me: Okay, but what's Bolsonaro going to go about it?
Her: He's going to fix it!
Me: How's he going to do that? By shooting more people?
Her: You don't know what it's like!
Me: How's he going to fix it?
Her: Brazil needs a strong leader like Bolsonaro! He's going to fix things! You don't know what it's like! You have no idea!
Me: So was Pinochet good for Chile?
Her: Huh?
Me: Was Pinochet good for Chile?
Her: No
Me: Was Galtieri good for Argentina?
Me: When has a dictator ever been good for South America?
Her: This is different!
Me: How?
Her: This time it's going to be different! Bolsonaro is going to fix everything! We need a strong leader! You don't know what it's like in the favelas! People are getting shot every day! Children getting shot! You have no idea what it's like! Bolsonaro is going to deal with it! We need him!
Me: Yes, quite. I need to go for another drink...

Eamonnca1

Quote from: seafoid on April 17, 2020, 06:18:34 AM
https://www.minghella.com/eleven-days-in-march/

"I probably spread my infection to others using the post office, the pen at the pharmacy, the keypad at the little Tesco's. I made them ill. I had no idea, of course. No symptoms at all. But I may have killed people. Let's be honest, almost certainly I infected people, who infected others, who infected still more... and "my" viral spreading will have cost some people their lives. Some families their loved ones."

It happened in Italy and the rest of the world had plenty of warning. There's no excuse for any failure to act.

imtommygunn

Liverpool to Dublin ferry looks to not be running and some controversy round it. That is not good for any of us I suspect. Apparently p and o I think it is owe 600k to the Liverpool port and haven't paid it so can't sail out.

I am not sure if Eamonn your first paragraph is related to your second above...

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 16, 2020, 10:31:10 PM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on April 16, 2020, 10:14:48 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 16, 2020, 05:43:14 PM

Once those companies are named and shamed on Social Media they might back down, but I thought the call from the government was work from home if you can... Strange one

If companies are working within the guidance (see my previous post) then why would they be named and shamed.  Keeping businesses closed for a long time is only going to jeopardise those businesses remaining viable.  Not sure why anyone would like that to happen.

It's not closed and if you can do the job from home why go into an office?

If she's self isolating due to her health conditions making her at risk then the company has to either allow her to work from home if that's possible or furlough her on 80% of her salary.
She should get her doctor to write a letter and give her company the options above.
When she's in furlough she's not meant to be working for them so they might allow her to work from home if they still require her.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 17, 2020, 08:08:22 AM
Liverpool to Dublin ferry looks to not be running and some controversy round it. That is not good for any of us I suspect. Apparently p and o I think it is owe 600k to the Liverpool port and haven't paid it so can't sail out.

I am not sure if Eamonn your first paragraph is related to your second above...

See ferries coming into Belfast daily. Would it not be mainly goods vehicles?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Taylor

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 17, 2020, 01:17:21 AM
Quote from: HiMucker on April 16, 2020, 10:18:36 PM
Mental stuff
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-52316150

I met a Bolsonaro supporter at a party a few years back. She was as mad as a box of frogs. You thought Trump supporters were as thick as champ? I asked her what good she thought Bolsonaro was going to do.

Her: You don't know what it's like in the favelas! People are getting shot! People are getting murdered!
Me: Okay, but what's Bolsonaro going to go about it?
Her: He's going to fix it!
Me: How's he going to do that? By shooting more people?
Her: You don't know what it's like!
Me: How's he going to fix it?
Her: Brazil needs a strong leader like Bolsonaro! He's going to fix things! You don't know what it's like! You have no idea!
Me: So was Pinochet good for Chile?
Her: Huh?
Me: Was Pinochet good for Chile?
Me: Was Galtieri good for Argentina?
Me: When has a dictator ever been good for South America?
Her: This is different!
Me: How?
Her: This time it's going to be different! Bolsonaro is going to fix everything! We need a strong leader! You don't know what it's like in the favelas! People are getting shot every day! Children getting shot! You have no idea what it's like! Bolsonaro is going to deal with it! We need him!
Me: Yes, quite. I need to go for another drink...

You made that up Eamonn didnt you?