China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Please use the sharing tools found via the share button at the top or side of articles. Copying articles to share with others is a breach of FT.com T&Cs and Copyright Policy. Email licensing@ft.com to buy additional rights. Subscribers may share up to 10 or 20 articles per month using the gift article service. More information can be found here.
https://www.ft.com/content/3d863bf5-ed52-30c6-8b5e-0f556bb3b791

Australia has called for an independent, international inquiry into the origins of the coronavirus in Wuhan and signalled its relationship with China will change in the wake of the deadly pandemic.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Where will they get Independent enquirers from?
Mars?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

marty34

Quote from: seafoid on April 19, 2020, 02:08:20 PM
Please use the sharing tools found via the share button at the top or side of articles. Copying articles to share with others is a breach of FT.com T&Cs and Copyright Policy. Email licensing@ft.com to buy additional rights. Subscribers may share up to 10 or 20 articles per month using the gift article service. More information can be found here.
https://www.ft.com/content/3d863bf5-ed52-30c6-8b5e-0f556bb3b791

Australia has called for an independent, international inquiry into the origins of the coronavirus in Wuhan and signalled its relationship with China will change in the wake of the deadly pandemic.

I presume it was released accidently?

nrico2006

A good drop in the death numbers today.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Smokin Joe

Hopefully they are falling, but numbers published on Sunday and Monday (from the weekend) have tended to be lower than the surrounding days due to a delay in reporting the deaths.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Smokin Joe on April 19, 2020, 05:25:56 PM
Hopefully they are falling, but numbers published on Sunday and Monday (from the weekend) have tended to be lower than the surrounding days due to a delay in reporting the deaths.
Thst drop is too big. It'll be business as usual by Monday/Tuesday.

Milltown Row2

I'm going to die of beer wine nuts chocolate consumption! The Covid won't hit my door!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

39 more "deaths notified" in the 26 and 610 I think new cases.
Numbers being admitted to acute hospitals down for 3rd day in a row.
Hopefully..........
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: Rossfan on April 19, 2020, 06:22:19 PM
Hopefully..........

They have sent out a squad of testers to the nursing homes, this marks the beginning of a process of hunting for the pestilence, which can only be good even if it does turn up more cases in the short term.  This is the way forward, if cases emerge then test everyone around that place and keep it there.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on April 19, 2020, 06:49:46 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 19, 2020, 06:22:19 PM
Hopefully..........

They have sent out a squad of testers to the nursing homes, this marks the beginning of a process of hunting for the pestilence, which can only be good even if it does turn up more cases in the short term.  This is the way forward, if cases emerge then test everyone around that place and keep it there.

Should the staff stay quarantined in the care homes?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

They should probably isolate from families like a lot of nhs staff do :( I don't envy anyone doing that but it is probably what needs to be done.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

armaghniac

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 19, 2020, 07:27:54 PM
They should probably isolate from families like a lot of nhs staff do :( I don't envy anyone doing that but it is probably what needs to be done.

It's a hard sentence, many's the thug got a lesser sentence.
If they get testing going perhaps you could do one or two weeks living in, then two weeks off, then a test (or probably two tests) and back in again.
The problem is that this will be going on for a long time.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

At the minute a lot of the staff doing these jobs probably feel like it's a sentence :(

What does community transmission mean? Just from being out and about? Is it any more granular than that? E.g . Supermarket , pub etc? I assume not

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: laoislad on April 19, 2020, 08:31:49 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on April 19, 2020, 05:19:06 PM
A good drop in the death numbers today.
Where?

NI 1.
Engerland well down too, duno bout Sco and Wal. Ita and Spa also down.
Prob the weekend explains some of the data but good to see smaller numbers.
Havin said that i take them all with a pinch of salt these days