Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: johnnycool on Today at 10:26:13 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on Today at 10:07:21 AM
Quote from: NorthAntrim on Today at 09:20:23 AMWhat was the sending off for? Wasnt at the game. Seemed to fall apart after it

From what I saw it was minimal contact, we get refereed in such a different way to the other teams.

Looked like McGarry made an ever so slight contact to the lads helmet...

Very harsh indeed.

I always wonder in these situations would he have sent off whelan if roles where reversed. Truth be told if whelan would have done that to Ryan then we would have been screaming for a red. The penalty was very harsh as the Galway player dived at contact. Nothing we can do about the ref but the wides, short balls and being a bit toothless up front is what we should focus on. Props to the management for starting Bohil at 11 it made the ball stick up front. On the down side our inside forward line was very ineffective (there movement was non existent). Great to see young Boyd and O Connor holding their own at the other end.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Saffrongael

It looked like more than minimal contact from where i was standing, if you hit someone on helmet or face guard you are asking for trouble.

Whelan went off for a while for treatment, & as NAH said above we would have been looking for a red the other way about. Down to 14 obviously didn't help but very poor in second half and probably expended a lot of energy in the first half 
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

NAG1

Quote from: Saffrongael on Today at 12:33:33 PMIt looked like more than minimal contact from where i was standing, if you hit someone on helmet or face guard you are asking for trouble.

Whelan went off for a while for treatment, & as NAH said above we would have been looking for a red the other way about. Down to 14 obviously didn't help but very poor in second half and probably expended a lot of energy in the first half 

How many times in both games yesterday did someone reach in and flick for the ball and catch the opponent accidently on the face guard or helmet.

I can think of at least 3 instances off the top of my head and no red cards.

NorthAntrim

Obviously the ref has either viewed it deliberate or accidental with excess force?

Milltown Row2

Wasn't at the match, had forgotten id (her) had arranged a barbeque, but was following online, didn't see the clash.

Spoke to ones at it most said was not a red and one said he had time to pull out of the stroke?

Funny enough yesterday game i did I'd 2 unintentional clashes of sticks around the face guard, I gave a yellow for both and explained why, no hassle with it, both players got up fairly quickly and didn't make a meal of it

Seen the Galway players face after the game and he certainly had a cut on his nose, maybe the blood made up his mind? faceguards could be better though, some lads noses are sitting on the wire lol!

Anyway, by the ruling its down to a few factors recklessness with the hurl, intent to strike and so on, you could make an argument to find any decision to send him off. Maybe he was just looking a handy second half  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

The ref also had a perfect view of it from what I could see, better than the spectators anyway
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Saffrongael

Anyway Carlow as we always thought is going to be the big one, could be down a few - Bohill looked to be his hamstring, which kept him out for a good bit of the year earlier, doubt he's back.

Couldn't make out what the problem was with Campbell, but with just a week between the games not much time for recovery