3 Brothers on the same county team is it a record

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, March 02, 2008, 09:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh4SamAgain

3 Kernan brothers will start for the county today v monaghan is this a record. I never herd of more than 3 startin for the county before. Did any other county have 4 brothers playiong together,
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

anglocelt39

Sorry mate Cavan fielded four brothers as recently as the Mid 90's, Peter, Michael and Larry Reilly. As anyone who has read this board over the past week will know, larry was worth two men
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

youbetterbelieveit

I am nearly sure that the Three Moran brothers played on the same limerick hurling team, Ollie, James and Niall

Zulu

How many of the Spillane's played together with Kerry and of course the 3 O'Se's have regularily played championship together with Kerry.

SuperDooperCooper

There were three Spillanes Tom, Mick and Pat.
The three O'Se's picked up All-Stars last year as well.

Onlooker

don't forget the legendary Rackards in Wexford in the 1950's and the Bonnars in Tipperary in the 1980's and 1990's.

Armagh4SamAgain

Ok but non of them woud be as famus as the Kernans.
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

Hardy

I think there were four Rackards at one time. There were certainly four Quinns from Kilbride who played together for Meath in the sixties. The legendary Martin at full back, the even more legendary Jack at centre field, Gerry at corner forward and Jimmy got the odd  game in the forwards. I don't think the four ever played championship together (the three certainly did), but all four would have appeared together in league and other matches.

There were seven brothers (not mine) on my club team.

AZOffaly

The 3 Lowrys in Offaly in 1982, Seanie, Brendan and Mick.
The 3 Dooleys in the hurling in 1994, Joe, Johnny and Timmy.
I'd say Ritchie, Murt and Matt Connor probably played together as well.

That 1982 Offaly team had (off the top of my head)
The Fitzgerald Brothers, Mick and Pat
The Lowrys, Sean, Brendie and Mick
The Connors, Matt and Ritchie,
The O'Connors, Liam and Tomás,
The Darbys, Seamus and Stephen

belleaqua

Midman

Collegelands team list always used to make me laugh

McGeary,McGeary,McGeary,McGeary,McGeary,McGeary,McGeary,McGeary,McGeary,McGeary,McGeary,McGeary,McGeary,McGeary, McParland.

I always loved the token Non-McGeary. Not all brothers but surely the most 'Family orientated' team of all time  :)

ardmhachaabu08

I wonder is Armagh4Sam the biggest wind up merchant on the bord or just really really thick?
Seo libh canaídh Amhrán na bhFiann

Our Nail Loney

must be just really thick...who registers for a gaa board and makes comments like that ?? the O'Se brothers must be unheard of !!!!!

mhacadoir

yeh the O' Sé's are unknowns - as the rackards, even though our hurlers did play for a trophy named after one of them last year!

billy the kid

If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!