NFL Division 1 - 2020

Started by thejuice, January 07, 2020, 12:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Mayo look to be the most understrength side in the league this year.

Bar Moran, Kerry have pretty much their full deck available.

Bar McShane and Donnelly, Tyrone have pretty much their full deck available now.

Dublin have the likes of McCaffrey, O'Callaghan, Connolly and Cooper to come back in so should also see a decent improvement.

Galway are pretty much at full pelt at the minute, they probably have a few Corofin players to feed back in but not sure how many of them will be certain starters.

Mayo are missing about 4 or 5 certain starters at the minute along with a host more of players who would be pushing strong for places.
Monaghan are more or less at full strength and Donegal have 3 or 4 to come back in.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

galwayman

Quote from: Angelo on March 02, 2020, 11:55:17 AM

Bar McShane and Donnelly, Tyrone have pretty much their full deck available now.

Dublin have the likes of McCaffrey, O'Callaghan, Connolly and Cooper to come back in so should also see a decent improvement.

Galway are pretty much at full pelt at the minute, they probably have a few Corofin players to feed back in but not sure how many of them will be certain starters.

Mayo are missing about 4 or 5 certain starters at the minute along with a host more of players who would be pushing strong for places.
Monaghan are more or less at full strength and Donegal have 3 or 4 to come back in.
Yeah  I would argue we have no nailed on starters to return. Some will say Ian Burke - but honestly he has been very poor for club and county since the end of 2018. If that form continues he won't make the team.
Kerin and O Curraoin (not sure how bad his injury is) are not guaranteed starters by a long way, nor is Bernard Power.
That's pretty much it unless I'm forgetting somebody.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: macdanger2 on March 02, 2020, 10:07:56 AM
Team P W D L +/- Pts.
Galway  5 4 0 1 22 8
Kerry  5 3 1 1 4 7
Tyrone  5 3 0 2 -14 6
Dublin  5 2 2 1 4 6
Donegal  5 2 1 2 18 5
Monaghan  5 2 1 2 2 5
Mayo  5 1 1 3 -14 3
Meath  5 0 0 5 -22 0

To be relegated:

Mayo 2/9
Donegal 6/1
Monaghan 15/2
Tyrone 16/1
Dublin 100/1

To win the league:

Dublin 15/8
Galway 9/4
Kerry 5/2
Tyrone 8/1
Monaghan 16/1
Donegal 20/1

I see absolutely no justification as to why Dublin should be favourites to win the league.

I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Manning18

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on March 02, 2020, 12:13:20 PM
Team P W D L +/- Pts.
Galway  5 4 0 1 22 8
Kerry  5 3 1 1 4 7
Tyrone  5 3 0 2 -14 6
Dublin  5 2 2 1 4 6
Donegal  5 2 1 2 18 5
Monaghan  5 2 1 2 2 5
Mayo  5 1 1 3 -14 3
Meath  5 0 0 5 -22 0

To be relegated:

Mayo 2/9
Donegal 6/1
Monaghan 15/2
Tyrone 16/1
Dublin 100/1

To win the league:

Dublin 15/8
Galway 9/4
Kerry 5/2
Tyrone 8/1
Monaghan 16/1
Donegal 20/1

I see absolutely no justification as to why Dublin should be favourites to win the league.

Their next game is a gimme against a relegated Meath. Potentially their final game could be against a Galway team already qualified. Even if not, they're favorites for that and are obviously decent favorites at home against either Galway, Tyrone and a lesser extent Kerry in a final

nrico2006

Tyrone still have Richie Donnelly and McKernan out aswell.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Angelo

Team P W D L +/- Pts.
Galway  5 4 0 1 22 8
Kerry  5 3 1 1 4 7
Tyrone  5 3 0 2 -14 6
Dublin  5 2 2 1 4 6
Donegal  5 2 1 2 18 5
Monaghan  5 2 1 2 2 5
Mayo  5 1 1 3 -14 3
Meath  5 0 0 5 -22 0

To be relegated:

Mayo 2/9
Donegal 6/1
Monaghan 15/2
Tyrone 16/1
Dublin 100/1

To win the league:

Dublin 15/8
Galway 9/4
Kerry 5/2
Tyrone 8/1
Monaghan 16/1
Donegal 20/1

You'd expect they will qualify for the final.

They're nailed on to go into the final round with 8 points and it will then be in their own hands with a game against Galway to reach the final.

Possibly could have O'Callaghan back shortly too and maybe a few other returnees.

It looks like 2 of 3 from Dublin/Galway/Kerry for the final.

Tyrone have an outside chance if they beat Donegal but I think relegation is a bigger prospect than a league final for us. Donegal and Monaghan pretty much have just safety to play for and Mayo simply must get a result against Galway to give them a chance.

Angelo

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 02, 2020, 12:21:36 PM

Tyrone still have Richie Donnelly and McKernan out aswell.

McKernan came back against Galway and started on Saturday night.

Richie Donnelly is another player who will be pushing for a spot but I don't think he's a guaranteed starter by any means.

Mac2

Quote from: rosnarun on March 02, 2020, 11:45:58 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on March 02, 2020, 11:07:27 AM
Quote from: moysider on March 01, 2020, 10:25:48 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on March 01, 2020, 09:28:55 PM
Quote from: moysider on March 01, 2020, 08:46:26 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 01, 2020, 08:31:35 PM
Should Horan have made a couple of changes earlier in the game larryin? The subs all seemed to have made an impact when they came on.

He can't keep picking some of those lads that started. Can he?
I think he is caught between the devil and the deep blue sea here. On the one hand, he had a lot of what would be first choice players who are out through injury or at least not match fit. If he starts panicking and throwing some of them on he is risking further injuries to his better players and enforced absences during the championships coming up soon. It's Hobson's choice I'm afraid.
On the other hand, some of the newer players are showing potential and sooner or later, he will have to let a raft of the old guard go. Unless he bloods replacements in, he will be in even more trouble than he is right now.
I thought a few likely lads showed up last year and this year to date has been even more promising. We have always had problems getting youngsters to mature enough to play at championship level but the last few years, and this one especially, there has been quite a few.
Ossian Mullin looks the real deal already and Tommy Conroy, Towey, O'Donoughe and a few others are developing nicely. Throw in Matty Ruane and probably Fionn McDonagh from last year and things are looking good for the future.
Maybe not too good at present but dammit!, Tiocfaidh ar lá arís very soon. ;D

The names you mention as positive I will give you yeah. In fact I think I mentioned them in an earlier post and would raise you Swanee O Hora as well. They are fairly obvious as well. On the other hand there are lads wheeled out every week that are as obviously not at it at all. These are JH's projects so if he is caught between devil and deep blue sea ....... If you look back at recent panels, there were young lads that were indulged for years that never were good enough.
I reckon Mullin will he gone to Australia at the end of championship.
do you know this or are you just guessing?
Horan has done in this league what Rochford
shoul have started 3 years agohould have started 3 years ago bringing  genuine change to the team and people have to keep the faith and trust Horan  . no one is going to remember relegation if may win the All Ireland and there is the nucleus of a very good new team there  and the young lads are getting bett with every Game, new leaders are emerging without the older hands on board .In Particular Coen and Diarmauid along with Aidan are now running the show even with Coen playing out of position he has come on in leaps in bounds this year.
at time the team is not gelling  and our kick outs are killing us but Is slowly coming together and I think we will see more of these lads in the summer than  you think
Holy Christ were you at any of the games, total bull.

Maroon Manc

I looked back at the Galway Tyrone game last week, tg4 showed the angle behind the goal on a couple of occasions when Gleeson was kicking. There wasn't a great deal on those occasions but he certainly took the wrong option in the first instance, went long to an area where Tyrone had 2 players and Galway had one. Galway were trying to work a short kick out but were failing miserably. Its clear they've not done a great deal of work on it, doesn't Gleeson play midfield for his club which doesn't help either.

As for Mullin will definitely be offered an AFL contract, whether he takes it is another story. You never know with Mayo, whats the story with Darren Coen? I take it he's not kicked on again; I've always been surprised how many games his cousin gets, never been impressed with him yet seems to play every week whilst the likes of Eoin O'Donoghue seems to play well when I've watched Mayo. As for James Carr I believe he has problems with his hips and its an ongoing issue.

MayoBuck

Quote from: Mac2 on March 02, 2020, 12:28:22 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on March 02, 2020, 11:45:58 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on March 02, 2020, 11:07:27 AM
Quote from: moysider on March 01, 2020, 10:25:48 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on March 01, 2020, 09:28:55 PM
Quote from: moysider on March 01, 2020, 08:46:26 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 01, 2020, 08:31:35 PM
Should Horan have made a couple of changes earlier in the game larryin? The subs all seemed to have made an impact when they came on.

He can't keep picking some of those lads that started. Can he?
I think he is caught between the devil and the deep blue sea here. On the one hand, he had a lot of what would be first choice players who are out through injury or at least not match fit. If he starts panicking and throwing some of them on he is risking further injuries to his better players and enforced absences during the championships coming up soon. It's Hobson's choice I'm afraid.
On the other hand, some of the newer players are showing potential and sooner or later, he will have to let a raft of the old guard go. Unless he bloods replacements in, he will be in even more trouble than he is right now.
I thought a few likely lads showed up last year and this year to date has been even more promising. We have always had problems getting youngsters to mature enough to play at championship level but the last few years, and this one especially, there has been quite a few.
Ossian Mullin looks the real deal already and Tommy Conroy, Towey, O'Donoughe and a few others are developing nicely. Throw in Matty Ruane and probably Fionn McDonagh from last year and things are looking good for the future.
Maybe not too good at present but dammit!, Tiocfaidh ar lá arís very soon. ;D

The names you mention as positive I will give you yeah. In fact I think I mentioned them in an earlier post and would raise you Swanee O Hora as well. They are fairly obvious as well. On the other hand there are lads wheeled out every week that are as obviously not at it at all. These are JH's projects so if he is caught between devil and deep blue sea ....... If you look back at recent panels, there were young lads that were indulged for years that never were good enough.
I reckon Mullin will he gone to Australia at the end of championship.
do you know this or are you just guessing?
Horan has done in this league what Rochford
shoul have started 3 years agohould have started 3 years ago bringing  genuine change to the team and people have to keep the faith and trust Horan  . no one is going to remember relegation if may win the All Ireland and there is the nucleus of a very good new team there  and the young lads are getting bett with every Game, new leaders are emerging without the older hands on board .In Particular Coen and Diarmauid along with Aidan are now running the show even with Coen playing out of position he has come on in leaps in bounds this year.
at time the team is not gelling  and our kick outs are killing us but Is slowly coming together and I think we will see more of these lads in the summer than  you think
Holy Christ were you at any of the games, total bull.

Coen was poor against Monaghan but has done well at times during the league. Particularly against Donegal and the 2nd half yesterday. Had several good performances in the championship last year too.

I wouldn't say he's running the show but there's definitely a role for him to play going forward.

larryin89

That's very generous value for Tyrone to be relegated, not implying it's likely but 16/1 it's worth a score .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Captain Obvious

Team P W D L +/- Pts.
Galway  5 4 0 1 22 8
Kerry  5 3 1 1 4 7
Tyrone  5 3 0 2 -14 6
Dublin  5 2 2 1 4 6
Donegal  5 2 1 2 18 5
Monaghan  5 2 1 2 2 5
Mayo  5 1 1 3 -14 3
Meath  5 0 0 5 -22 0

To be relegated:

Mayo 2/9
Donegal 6/1
Monaghan 15/2
Tyrone 16/1
Dublin 100/1

To win the league:

Dublin 15/8
Galway 9/4
Kerry 5/2
Tyrone 8/1
Monaghan 16/1
Donegal 20/1

Probably because bookies, punters reckon if Dublin reach the final they will win it regardless of the opposition.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: larryin89 on March 02, 2020, 01:16:58 PM
That's very generous value for Tyrone to be relegated, not implying it's likely but 16/1 it's worth a score .

I agree, If Mayo escape the drop my money would be on Tyrone to go down, I'm expecting Donegal to beat Tyrone and think Monaghan will win of their last 2 games.

Donegal at 20/1 to win the league is a decent outside bet.

Angelo

Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 02, 2020, 02:51:03 PM

I agree, If Mayo escape the drop my money would be on Tyrone to go down, I'm expecting Donegal to beat Tyrone and think Monaghan will win of their last 2 games.

Donegal at 20/1 to win the league is a decent outside bet.

For Donegal to reach a league final, they first of all need to win their last two games then hope Galway don't beat Mayo and Dublin don't win their last two games. It's highly unlikely.

It pretty much looks to be a three way shootout for the league final berths between Galway, Kerry and Dublin. Mayo have it all to do in staying up but it looks like Tyrone are the most likely county to be drawn into the relegation battle on the final day.

Main Street

Your tenner @16/1 has brought the odds crashing down to 12/1