NFL Division 1 - 2020

Started by thejuice, January 07, 2020, 12:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

Quote from: J70 on March 01, 2020, 03:44:46 PM
2-12 to 0-8 in Ballyshannon.

Up to five points now with a much superior points difference to Mayo. Point from last two games SHOULD do it.

Black cards ended the game as a contest. Not sure Monaghan were at leaving McBrearty all alone for Beggan to drag him down 25 yards out.

What are donegals last two games ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Maiden1

Quote from: larryin89 on March 01, 2020, 04:14:25 PM

Up to five points now with a much superior points difference to Mayo. Point from last two games SHOULD do it.

Black cards ended the game as a contest. Not sure Monaghan were at leaving McBrearty all alone for Beggan to drag him down 25 yards out.

Tyrone and Kerry

Mayo last 2 games Galway and Tyrone. They probably need to win both
There are no proofs, only opinions.

larryin89

Quote from: Maiden1 on March 01, 2020, 04:17:26 PM

Tyrone and Kerry

Donegal beat Tyrone , Galway have an off day and gift their charming neighbours with two points and then we have ourselves a relegation final in castlebar v Tyrone ?

galwayman

You'd imagine one win won't be enough for Mayo alright as Donegal's scoring difference is vastly superior.

macdanger2

Quote from: Maiden1 on March 01, 2020, 04:17:26 PM

Tyrone and Kerry

Mayo last 2 games Galway and Tyrone. They probably need to win both
Yeah, we need minimum 3 points from the last two games. Should really have gotten a draw today

twohands!!!

Quote from: galwayman on March 01, 2020, 05:05:18 PM
You'd imagine one win won't be enough for Mayo alright as Donegal's scoring difference is vastly superior.

Monaghan are in 5th place same points as Donegal 5 but with only a score difference of +2.
However you'd think with two home games (against Kerry and Meath) you'd think they will survive.

After today's matches.
Donegal +18 Points 5
Monaghan +2 Points 5
Mayo -15 Points 3

Very hard to see Mayo overturning the score difference in a situation where it would matter - 3 teams level on points.

Dublin v Meath
Monaghan   v Kerry   
Galway v Mayo
Tyrone v  Donegal

Galway v Dublin   
Mayo v Tyrone   
Kerry v  Donegal
Monaghan v Meath

Galway looking good odds for a place in the league final with their scoring difference - you'd think it would be between Dublin and Kerry to join them

larryin89

Quote from: galwayman on March 01, 2020, 05:05:18 PM

Tyrone winning last night was the disaster tbh . Higgins had a chance today to level up at the death too . Our first half show today was the worst I've seen in a long time but you'd have to take heart from our second half display . If cillian can get back for Galway game I'd give us a small chance . Very slim mind you on current form . Beat Galway though and we will still have a chance of survival going into the last day as far as can make out.

Main Street

Quote from: Angelo on March 01, 2020, 01:33:21 PM
Quote from: Main Street on March 01, 2020, 12:56:56 PM
Due to complete failure to steward properly, I'd say Tyrone will lose home advantage, at least for the game v Donegal, possibly more if Croke Park have the cojones.

I think that was the last Tyrone game due to be played at Healy Park for over a year. Drainage works are due to start soon on the pitch.
The NFL Wikipedia page has the game v Donegal at Omagh.
Lucky bastrds, Monaghan lost a home advantage fixture in the NFL,  for mild shennanigans at half time v Kildare, started by Kildare who had a player red carded.

Main Street

Quote from: J70 on March 01, 2020, 02:43:09 PM
1-5 to 0-2 at half time in Ballyshannon.

Monaghan will have the wind in the second half.

McManus doesn't look fit at all, although the wet, slippy conditions are making it hard to gather any ball that goes in to any forward.

The Ward goal and a couple of fine points from Langan at the end made it a much better scoreline for Donegal.
Donegal had a very good 10 - 15 minutes against the wind at the start of the 2nd half, that ended the game competitively even before the red and 2nd black.
They made little of the wind disadvantage, even your goalie got good milage out of his kickouts against the wind.
I thought Monaghan did alright except when it came to passing the ball in the last 1/3, they just couldn't get it into their game that the pitch was a bog with absolutely no bounce and adjust accordingly.

galwayman

Any of the Galway posters in Navan today?
Family duties kept me away unfortunately.
I really did think during the week that this was a game we would probably lose so delighted we dug it out after being 1-6 to 0-1 down in the first half.
Did we improve our kick outs today?
It seems Paul Conroy turned the game for us after his introduction.
He's a quality player.
It seems management may see his role as being that of an impact sub for the season.
Onto Mayo in two weeks time.

Farrandeelin

Should Horan have made a couple of changes earlier in the game larryin? The subs all seemed to have made an impact when they came on.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

J70

Quote from: Main Street on March 01, 2020, 07:08:27 PM

McManus doesn't look fit at all, although the wet, slippy conditions are making it hard to gather any ball that goes in to any forward.

The Ward goal and a couple of fine points from Langan at the end made it a much better scoreline for Donegal.
Donegal had a very good 10 - 15 minutes against the wind at the start of the 2nd half, that ended the game competitively even before the red and 2nd black.
They made little of the wind disadvantage, even your goalie got good milage out of his kickouts against the wind.
I thought Monaghan did alright except when it came to passing the ball in the last 1/3, they just couldn't get it into their game that the pitch was a bog with absolutely no bounce and adjust accordingly.

The pitch is always a bog there. And it's invariably windy on the top of that hill.

We haven't lost in Ballyshannon since 2009.

We have won once in Letterkenny since 2007.

Make sense of that!

Main Street

Quote from: J70 on March 01, 2020, 08:36:43 PM
Quote from: Main Street on March 01, 2020, 07:08:27 PM

The pitch is always a bog there. And it's invariably windy on the top of that hill.

We haven't lost in Ballyshannon since 2009.

We have won once in Letterkenny since 2007.

Make sense of that!
I'm glad our next encounter will be Clones in sunny June ;D

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 01, 2020, 08:31:35 PM
Should Horan have made a couple of changes earlier in the game larryin? The subs all seemed to have made an impact when they came on.

He can't keep picking some of those lads that started. Can he?

larryin89

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 01, 2020, 08:31:35 PM

Possibly , subs made up for 1-4 of our scores , e mcghlouhin looks very lively. To answer your question though I'd be of the opinion he's not starting his best but some are suggesting to me that it's all part of trialling lads too , some might of even been in last chance salon today if you were to listen to some of chatter .

I'm half weary of critising JH, he's a smart man and I believe he's trying to build something here and there are going to be bumps along the way .

On a positive note , if we can play like we did in the second half in Galway in two weeks time , it might be closer than people think . Horan is not awful fond of the maroon and white either  ;D ;D