Mayo v Galway, MacHale Park, Sunday 13th May 4pm

Started by From the Bunker, April 01, 2018, 08:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Duine Eile on April 30, 2018, 10:48:15 PM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on April 30, 2018, 09:01:45 PM
Quote from: cornetto on April 30, 2018, 08:47:26 PM
It seems the Ronan steede episode has not gone down well in the Galway camp, as in some of the players it has been an unwanted distraction.

Because of KW cutting Steede out of the panel or that he went to the US in the first place?

The first option I'd imagine AFA, they're a tight knit bunch, this was never going to end well.

Jaysus. We might have a bit of a chance afterall.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 30, 2018, 10:58:33 PM
Quote from: Duine Eile on April 30, 2018, 10:48:15 PM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on April 30, 2018, 09:01:45 PM
Quote from: cornetto on April 30, 2018, 08:47:26 PM
It seems the Ronan steede episode has not gone down well in the Galway camp, as in some of the players it has been an unwanted distraction.

Because of KW cutting Steede out of the panel or that he went to the US in the first place?

The first option I'd imagine AFA, they're a tight knit bunch, this was never going to end well.

Jaysus. We might have a bit of a chance afterall.
The lady is leading you astray Farr!!  :P

MayoBuck

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155624946263262&id=187794613261

Cillian still not back training fully according to Rochford so hard to see him starting. Could well be rubbish at the same time.

Maroon Manc

Brannigan is a huge loss to Galway, their's no shortage of good forwards on the bench but don't think any of them are a direct replacement for him. The backs pick themselves if Kerin is fit, with Brannigan missing I'd be very surprised if he doesn't pick Conroy, Cooke & Duggan whilst Kell, Walsh, Comer & McHugh will all start too which leaves one spot up for grabs.

GalwayBayBoy

I see Walsh has confirmed that just 3 Corofin players are in the Galway squad now. Power, Molloy and Burke.

"Six invited but three, between going to America and different things, chose not to join up".

rosnarun

Quote from: Lar Naparka on April 28, 2018, 10:30:40 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on April 28, 2018, 09:43:54 PM
Enda varley has been invited to county training for a trial period after his 1-8 for Vincents this evening.
Good. I thought he was unlucky to get axed in the first place.

any truth in this I haven't heard it anywhere else,
big difference between club level and county and despite what Dublin belive   that even includes them
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

larryin89

I was only actin the ejit. Apologies  if anyone took me serious but I'm long enough posting rubbish in here , ye should of known .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

joemamas

Quote from: larryin89 on May 02, 2018, 07:07:37 PM
I was only actin the ejit. Apologies  if anyone took me serious but I'm long enough posting rubbish in here , ye should of known .

I took it seriously, especially considering our lack of options in the forward line.
Your credibility has gone down a bit on that one.
you should apply for a job with NY times

Farrandeelin

Yer man Conor Lane is reportedly down to ref it.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Avondhu star

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 02, 2018, 03:30:29 PM
I see Walsh has confirmed that just 3 Corofin players are in the Galway squad now. Power, Molloy and Burke.

"Six invited but three, between going to America and different things, chose not to join up".

Thats becoming a bit of a trend across the country. Lads not bothering with joining a panel unless they know they will be in the first 15/20 come championship time.
Just shows that despite what the G.PA. and certain media elements say it is far from professional sport
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Syferus

Quote from: Avondhu star on May 03, 2018, 11:54:57 PM

Thats becoming a bit of a trend across the country. Lads not bothering with joining a panel unless they know they will be in the first 15/20 come championship time.
Just shows that despite what the G.PA. and certain media elements say it is far from professional sport

It goes to show that the demands are far too much like a professional sport, which makes the decision even easier for players to make.

Not great for Walsh when half the players from the AI champions won't join up when Galway are riding high.

Jinxy

Gone are the days when you could bring a lad in during the summer because he was playing great stuff in the club championship.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on May 04, 2018, 12:01:22 AM
Quote from: Avondhu star on May 03, 2018, 11:54:57 PM

It goes to show that the demands are far too much like a professional sport, which makes the decision even easier for players to make.

Not great for Walsh when half the players from the AI champions won't join up when Galway are riding high.
They should let Brigids win the thing next year
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Mayo4Sam

Only getting revved up for this one now. Back working in Mayo and its all anyone is talking about although everyone seems to think its too hard to call

Its funny out of all the great memories I have from GAA, a lot of them are from Mayo v Galway

Winning in Team in '97 when the bull nearly burst the net
Losing the following year when I thought we were invincible and beating them the following year again was sweet, Nestor scoring a goal when Nestor used to always get a goal
There was a match around the turn of the century in Tuam again where the heavens opened, I've never seen some much rain, can't remember the result or the year.
Conor's RIP Micheal Jackson, Conor missing that free in front of me in Castlebar and child coming on and kicking it over from the same spot minutes later
The feeling sorry for them in 2013 but delighted for Andy when he stuck the fourth

I read a brilliant piece by Dion Fanning on watching Mo Salah with his young son, the piece that grabbed me was this

I do know that football - all sport - is not just about escape, it is about who you escape with and who you experience joy with. And sometimes you can lose that joy because the people you escaped with aren't around anymore and maybe then it matters less

And my two favourite GAA memories are like that and are both from Mayo v Galway matches

In 2009 myself, my dad and a girl that doesn't speak to me anymore travelled to Galway, thought we were home and hosed when Galway came back, the unspeakable happened when Meehan got that goal and then out of nowhere Paedar and Andy combined and Salthill erupted, there wasn't a Mayo man left sitting except when I turned around there was my dad, a huge smile, taking it all in

Or in 1989 in Tuam, again Mayo cruising, I was 9 and my brother 8, we knew nothing about not winning in Team, that Mayo teams didn't do that. The Galway man beside us got up to leave with a couple of minutes left "ye have it won", a couple of minutes later Val Daly stuck a goal and the ref blew it up for another day out. On the way home we debated whether your man would ever find out. it became the theme for the summer, we'd be in the bog or sitting down to dinner or down in Enniscrone "do you think he ever found out" delighted at the thought that there was a gombeen who left matches early somewhere thinking results had been different

It'd be great to get a fraction of any of those matches this May
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me