Westminster Election 12th December 2019

Started by Ambrose, October 29, 2019, 02:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: seafoid on November 16, 2019, 10:58:02 AM
Quote from: lurganblue on November 16, 2019, 08:32:16 AM
Quote from: Kidder81 on November 15, 2019, 04:38:40 PM
Quote from: screenexile on November 15, 2019, 04:03:25 PM
Corbyn wants to give everyone free broadband and pay them the same money for working less hours...

What a horrible b**tard I vote Boris!!

It's some money tree he has found

Doesn't matter.  Brexit has shown that you can throw out as many lies as you want and then deal with them once you have achieved the desired result.
The election is Brexit vs Remain

https://twitter.com/theJeremyVine/status/1195613856594366464

In a NI context I can't for the life of me understand why anyone who supports a 2nd referendum would vote SF?

screenexile

Quote from: trailer on November 18, 2019, 11:55:11 AM
Corbyn wants to give everyone free broadband and pay them the same money for working less hours...

Doesn't matter.  Brexit has shown that you can throw out as many lies as you want and then deal with them once you have achieved the desired result.

In a NI context I can't for the life of me understand why anyone who supports a 2nd referendum would vote SF?

I can't understand why anyone would vote SF in a General Election at all regardless of their position on Brexit or anything else!!

It's basically a case of we don't want themmuns and the SDLP didn't support our hunger strikers and after that there isn't much for them to hang their hat on!!

BennyCake

I can't recall SF looking a referendum on Abortion in the North. They were happy for the government of the UK to push that through. That same government they don't participate in or want any part of.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: BennyCake on November 18, 2019, 01:01:33 PM

I can't recall SF looking a referendum on Abortion in the North. They were happy for the government of the UK to push that through. That same government they don't participate in or want any part of.
Westminster rule suited them then alright. Hypocrites. And the SNP cheerleading for it too.

seafoid

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/11/17/dismal-choice-election-disaster-catastrophe

"We have the unrealistic flag-waving optimism of Boris Johnson, determined to take us out of Europe on a wing and a prayer

From a business perspective, the choice is one of the most dismal of the post-war age. The Conservatives pass muster in some regards, though given the record of the past 10 years, and in particular the failure to address long-standing sores, such as business rates and the apprenticeship levy, even the Tories do not obviously qualify as an overtly pro-enterprise party.
But to be running up the debt at the rate now contemplated at the same time as ditching the world's biggest free trade zone in favour of an unknown blue yonder is not a guaranteed recipe for economic success. The great bulk of internationally exposed businesses believe that the sort of hard Brexit envisaged under Boris Johnson's deal will be economically harmful.
Those who see Brexit as a means to an end delude themselves if they think it will automatically cure Britain's long-standing weaknesses in productivity and investment. The challenge will be to stop it from making them even worse."
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Windmill abu

Quote from: screenexile on November 18, 2019, 12:22:53 PM

I can't understand why anyone would vote SF in a General Election at all regardless of their position on Brexit or anything else!!

It's basically a case of we don't want themmuns and the SDLP didn't support our hunger strikers and after that there isn't much for them to hang their hat on!!

In Mid Ulster the SDLP were happy to split the nationalist vote and allow Billy Wright cheerleader, Wilie MCCrea too represent them. The SDLP will never represent the majority of nationalists again in Mid Ulster.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

oneflewoverthecuckoonest

Mid Ulster/Rev Willie McCrea......why blame the SDLP.....why didn't SF step aside if they feared for the DUPer taking the seat.

Windmill abu

Quote from: oneflewoverthecuckoonest on November 19, 2019, 12:50:20 AM
Mid Ulster/Rev Willie McCrea......why blame the SDLP.....why didn't SF step aside if they feared for the DUPer taking the seat.
The SDLP didn't fear the DUP taking the seat. They preferred the bigot MCCrea rather than Sinn Fein.

The SDLP had been standing in Mid Ulster since 1974, before SF ever stood against them, without coming close to winning.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

seafoid

Quote from: Windmill abu on November 19, 2019, 12:34:08 AM
Quote from: screenexile on November 18, 2019, 12:22:53 PM

In Mid Ulster the SDLP were happy to split the nationalist vote and allow Billy Wright cheerleader, Wilie MCCrea too represent them. The SDLP will never represent the majority of nationalists again in Mid Ulster.
Never say never
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

trailer

Quote from: Windmill abu on November 19, 2019, 01:27:23 AM
Quote from: oneflewoverthecuckoonest on November 19, 2019, 12:50:20 AM
The SDLP didn't fear the DUP taking the seat. They preferred the bigot MCCrea rather than Sinn Fein.

The SDLP had been standing in Mid Ulster since 1974, before SF ever stood against them, without coming close to winning.

Political party contests election shocker. Typical SF. Always everyone else fault.
Vote for SF. Even though they can't be bother to go and vote for you in the very place they want you to vote them into.

yellowcard

Loyalists appear to be running the DUP's election campaign for them this time around, there is a notable ramping up of rhetoric, mud slinging and divisive politics which is almost constant on a daily basis. Most notably in the North Belfast constituency where the DUP have done nothing to distance themselves from loyalists who are helping to drive their campaign. Pretending that they (the DUP) didn't know about the banners is one thing and now looking for selective attempted murder attempts from a generation back to be condemned. It is all in an attempt to steer the debate down to low based gutteral orange v green politics and away from their own handling of Brexit. It appears to be working very well for them so far since I have heard very little real debate about Brexit in the media. It is almost as if they played no part in the whole process since it has received very little media coverage.       

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: yellowcard on November 19, 2019, 01:50:14 PM
. It is all in an attempt to steer the debate down to low based gutteral orange v green politics and away from their own handling of Brexit. It appears to be working very well for them so far since I have heard very little real debate about Brexit in the media.

I saw their first election video where they spoke of a vote to keep Corbyn out.   Given the bi-party nature of UK politics (due respect to Lib Dems and local parties but they need a hung parliament to partner with one of the big two) then I guess the corollary is true:  a vote for DUP is a vote for Boris.  Of course Boris will want to ram the "Surrender Act" through.

Given that I suppose it's natural for them to steer away from the topic.   Keeping themmuns out is all they have left to offer.

/Jim.

imtommygunn

Loyalists appear to be running the DUP's election campaign for them this time around, there is a notable ramping up of rhetoric, mud slinging and divisive politics which is almost constant on a daily basis. Most notably in the North Belfast constituency where the DUP have done nothing to distance themselves from loyalists who are helping to drive their campaign. Pretending that they (the DUP) didn't know about the banners is one thing and now looking for selective attempted murder attempts from a generation back to be condemned. It is all in an attempt to steer the debate down to low based gutteral orange v green politics and away from their own handling of Brexit. It appears to be working very well for them so far since I have heard very little real debate about Brexit in the media. It is almost as if they played no part in the whole process since it has received very little media coverage.     

They are branding SDLP as republicans now and asking them if the shankill bomber is out canvassing for them too. It's got quite poisonous which is the only way they can rally the troops. Vote for us - we screwed everyone into this position but vote for us and we'll make it better. While we're there ps if you're "working class" we'll screw you over and look after our mates too but vote for us. You couldn't make it up.

It's actually irrelevant they're unionists and why more parties don't call this out I don't know. They are damaging to everyone around them bar their own cronies and that doesn't mean voters.

armaghniac

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 19, 2019, 03:17:12 PM

They are branding SDLP as republicans now and asking them if the shankill bomber is out canvassing for them too. It's got quite poisonous which is the only way they can rally the troops. Vote for us - we screwed everyone into this position but vote for us and we'll make it better. While we're there ps if you're "working class" we'll screw you over and look after our mates too but vote for us. You couldn't make it up.

It's actually irrelevant they're unionists and why more parties don't call this out I don't know. They are damaging to everyone around them bar their own cronies and that doesn't mean voters.

This kind of thing is as likely to backfire on them as anything else. All it needs is for a few SDLP or Alliance type people to decide that Finucane is being hard done by and so deserves a vote and that will get him over the line. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trailer

Quote from: armaghniac on November 19, 2019, 03:31:41 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 19, 2019, 03:17:12 PM

This kind of thing is as likely to backfire on them as anything else. All it needs is for a few SDLP or Alliance type people to decide that Finucane is being hard done by and so deserves a vote and that will get him over the line.

I think it just might backfire. Finucane is certainly more transfer friendly than Gerry Kelly. So SDLP and Alliance voters may "lend" him their votes. With SF reciprocating in SB and EB he might just do it.