Club Hurling

Started by BallyroanAbbey, April 16, 2017, 11:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laoiseabu

What Camross guys should be on the Laois panel ? Zane Keenan, Ciaran Collier . Anyone else ?

LooseCannon

Quote from: Zooming around on October 11, 2018, 07:45:06 PM
That whole place should be fenced off back into Offaly where it came from and where it belongs. They are no good to Laois. From senior to u14, all our squads are missing Camross lads who are good enough but won't commit. They're much happier to be the big fish, playing league matches on a Tuesday night instead of being in the training centre with the other county standard hurlers.

Nah we don't want them. We're currently trying to rid ourselves of the Camross of Offaly, Shinrone. Well except Shinrone have and will forever win NOTHING. The sooner they f**k off back to Tipp the better.

Zooming around

Quote from: Don Draper on October 11, 2018, 07:56:19 PM
Hang on now, plenty of Camross men have represented this county with pride and distinction. Even Zane whom many will give grief to put his body on the line on many occasions for Laois. We should temper the blanket painting of the club with this knowledge. What happened Sunday was wrong, that they've circled the wagons isn't surprising, it's merely disappointing.

May I also commend Rory Delaney for a well thought out piece.

I'm not talking about the ones who have. I'm taking about the huge numbers who haven't. They have way more opt outs than all other clubs.

And don't get me going on Zane. What a waste of talent. He'd much rather be a hero hitting line balls up the mountain than challenging himself against good players like the limerick or galway backs in the NHL

Don Draper

Quote from: Zooming around on October 11, 2018, 08:34:22 PM
Hang on now, plenty of Camross men have represented this county with pride and distinction. Even Zane whom many will give grief to put his body on the line on many occasions for Laois. We should temper the blanket painting of the club with this knowledge. What happened Sunday was wrong, that they've circled the wagons isn't surprising, it's merely disappointing.

I'm not talking about the ones who have. I'm taking about the huge numbers who haven't. They have way more opt outs than all other clubs.

And don't get me going on Zane. What a waste of talent. He'd much rather be a hero hitting line balls up the mountain than challenging himself against good players like the limerick or galway backs in the NHL
Harsh. Zane did all of that. You may not have liked that he didn't go in year on year, but he gave good commitment under Chedd, and its worth remembering that he wrecked his knee while playing for Laois.

I merely said its worth bearing in mind those who have, when throwing around the abuse, which a few are doing.

Whether the current do or don't commit, thats a different matter entirely.

merman

A lot of proud Camross men and women are disgusted by what happened.

It's wrong to paint them all with the same brush and only serves to allow those responsible to hide amongst all the furore.

LOVEGAA

Quote from: merman on October 11, 2018, 08:46:12 PM

It's wrong to paint them all with the same brush and only serves to allow those responsible to hide amongst all the furore.

I would feel for the genuine supporters but I'd imagine the majority don't care what anyone thinks today.

Hurling in laois reached a low on Sunday. I thought the semi final was bad but when a mentor can do what was done at the b/k match I can only see it getting worse

burdizzo

Quote from: Laoiseabu on October 11, 2018, 08:24:57 PM
What Camross guys should be on the Laois panel ? Zane Keenan, Ciaran Collier . Anyone else ?

Zane's not likely to go in, but Collier would be a great addition. Gearoid Burke would add a bit of steel to the backs, too... But, alas, unlikely to go, either.

burdizzo

Quote from: LOVEGAA on October 11, 2018, 08:57:09 PM
Quote from: merman on October 11, 2018, 08:46:12 PM

I would feel for the genuine supporters but I'd imagine the majority don't care what anyone thinks today.

Hurling in laois reached a low on Sunday. I thought the semi final was bad but when a mentor can do what was done at the b/k match I can only see it getting worse

A new low? What are you on about? Not remember the Camross/ Castletown sagas, or the Portlaoise/ Camross bust-ups? Or the several Clonaslee 'incidents'? It was bad, but far from a 'new low'.

LOVEGAA

Do you not think a lot of it had been cleaned up in the last few years?   I actually think things had improved a bit.  We had started to see some good clean hurling and now I feel we are slipping

It's only a couple of years back when we had a great match between r/e and b/know that gave great hope but alas nothing has progressed much

Keyser Söze

That's a lot of big matches won over the years where these "tactics" were used!
It didn't start last Sunday!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Laoiseabu

This forum has gone crazy in recent days 😂😂

LOVEGAA

Quote from: Keyser Söze on October 11, 2018, 11:17:19 PM
That's a lot of big matches won over the years where these "tactics" were used!
It didn't start last Sunday!

I think it was the combination of cynical tactics, officials with no backbone and social media mockery that has everyone up in arms.

Now culchy we have reached page 27 so there's a little motivation for next year !

redsetanta

Quote from: Don Draper on October 11, 2018, 08:40:57 PM
Quote from: Zooming around on October 11, 2018, 08:34:22 PM

Harsh. Zane did all of that. You may not have liked that he didn't go in year on year, but he gave good commitment under Chedd, and its worth remembering that he wrecked his knee while playing for Laois.

I merely said its worth bearing in mind those who have, when throwing around the abuse, which a few are doing.

Whether the current do or don't commit, thats a different matter entirely.

I would agree with Don here. What happened on Sunday was a bad affair however it's unfair to tar the whole of Camross. Sure, there should/could be more from Camross on the team but that's notthe issue here.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Ogie

Any update or word from the CCC meeting of the Laois board last night ??

finbar o tool

2 match ban for Dooley i hear, dont think anything else came of the meeting last night. Ban starts next years championship. You'd love to have seen more bans handed out but in reality thats all our county board was ever going to do, and thats only because of the media scrutiny.
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy